Prepstars on Lisch

BLIKNS

He`s a relatively strong 185-pond combo guard who fairly solidly (although some turnovers under pressure),finishes well and has quick feet on defense.His jump shot is pretty good in the 15- to 18 foot range but less reliable beyind that,and shhots better off the catch than off the dribble.Mid-major prospect signed with nearby SLU.

Lisch not in their top 200.Liddell ranked #122.

No new names mentioned in recruiting,but listed SLU and Washington (others not listed) for #155 Rashad Austin(6-7 pf from Etiwanda,CA)(LA area)

i wonder what game this expert watched of kevin's to come to his conclusions. because his words are not indicative of his high school career. other than claggett, i dont know of any area high school player that i have ever seen that shoots better off of the dribble. the range that this expert notes is crazy, who isnt less reliable further away? but the way it is written makes it appear he doesnt shoot the three well, he does. and the turnover note is just wrong as well. anyone that has seen althoff play knows that when the crusaders are being pressured or are in danger of losing, knows that kevin lisch will have the ball. if the turnover tendency was correct, would althoff be amongst the top teams kevin's entire career? wouldnt turnovers and losses go hand in hand if kevin has the ball all the time under pressure? now if this guy is upset that kevin has a couple of turnovers when he is being triple teamed, my question is "will he probably be triple teamed at slu?" if he is, that is great news for dwayne polk and tommie liddell since then no one will be guarding them.

another good example of some expert upset that kevin didnt bother to show up at their presigious aau events over the summer.

i agree 3 star. however, it is painfully true that these "experts" have an influence on the casual fan's belief of what the truth is. and of course that affects enthusiasm for the program which in turn affects ticket sales and fund raising etc.

I'm of the belief with the exception of the top 30 or so prepstars these guys don't know crapola about the rest of the kids. Who do you think they spend the most time evaluating? The future NBA'ers and those kids who signed with Duke, KY, etc. Unless they have a large staff that breaks down the games of around +1,000 kids they're blowing smoke. It's a little akin to the mags that forecast conference races. They do very little research on the also rans. How many times could prepstars have seen KL or TL, for that matter, play? Who gives a damn what his rap sheet looks like? Let him come to SLU and play like Broy and 3 star says he can. I trust their judgements alot more than some guy who is wined and dined by Nike at their summer camps.

My guess would be the Prepstars writer saw Lisch at the Shootout. I don't know who wrote that article, but I know Eric Bossi writes for Prepstars and I saw him at the Shootout. Most of the writers for those kind of sites don't get around much outside of bigger events -- like AAU tourneys, the Shootout, etc. -- so they only have a couple of chances to see someone like Lisch. Lisch's evaluation was probably based on his performance at the Marshall County HoopFest and the Shootout.

Just trying to shed some light on how that stuff works.

- Nate

the shootout would show some merit in his "report" i was to distraught after the hawaii game to make the drive to kentucky that day, but it is my understanding that kevin played pretty good at the marshall county event and outplayed minnoy there. clark francis and the bullyseye brothers both wrote very good reports of kevin after that game. i believe it was the first time that francis had seen him play. bullseye had seen kevin last year vs centralia in a game and had given him glowing reports then and after the kentucky matchup against nate minnoy.

i urge all to go see kevin vs carbondale in his upcoming games vs them. carbondale is the best area team imo. with athletes galore and will test kevin by probably guarding him with rotating fresh players the entire games. the matchups are fri, jan 7 in carbondale and then again sat, feb 19 in belleville. that feb 19 game may decide the conference title as i suspect carbondale will have no losses coming to that game and althoff only losing the game in carbondale. or vice versa.

i hope coach soderberg has feelers out for carbondale's inside player, manuel cass, who i see as a nice pf that could really develop into a nice player.

Kevin was 2 for 14 from three between those two games (1 for 6 at Marshall County and 1 for 8 at the Savvis), thus the description of him being an inconsistent three point shooter. The fact that Kevin is shooting over 50% from three excluding those two games doesn't mean anything to the national gurus because they weren't at those other games. The fact that he shot over 40% from three the past three seasons doesn't mean anything either, for the same reason.

i dont follow the aau teams enough to know that. but i have heard that larry butler has his hand out quite a bit. cross that one off.

>i wonder what game this expert watched of kevin's to come to

>his conclusions. because his words are not indicative of

>his high school career.

At the end of the day what does one expert's opinion really mean. I know I posted Bob Gibbon's evaluation of Tommie Liddell recently, but really their opinion's don't make players. I'll bet Kevin has had to prove himself everytime he has competed. I remember the first time I heard of him and I must be honest I didn't believe the hype. So I asked some of the East St Louis assistant coaches for an evaluation and they were in awe. Repeatedly mentioned how well conditioned Kevin was and how he played lock down defense. This is what matters to me, the respect of his peers. When the news broke about Tommie attending UNLV, his stock went through the roof. Hoopmasters begin listing Liddell as a 6'7 inch guard who nearly averaged a triple double in high school. Once he recommitted to SLU the shine slowly begin to shade. The same thing happen to Lisch statewide. ChicagoHoops has Lisch rated top 5 since his junior year, once he verbaled to SLU his ranking dropped to #15. What happened? Did his skills dramatically falter? No he simply signed with a non-glamorous college. That perception I hope should change during Kevin and Tommie's sophmore year. If I were you, B-Roy I would flood Kevin with every negative article I could find as I do with Liddell Sr or Jr. I never want Liddell to get complacent. I want him to always have something to prove.

"At the end of the day what does one expert's opinion really

mean".

To leave no doubt that I am a hypocrit, here is studentsports ranking(Scouts.com prep site). Look at who checks in at #81.

Class of '05: Top 100 Hoop Recruits

By SchoolSports Staff

Date: Oct 14, 2004

Two years ago, you could pencil in LeBron James as the top player in the senior class and call it a day. Last year, there were only a few players worthy of consideration for the No. 1 spot. This year? Take your pick. But out of this crowded group of worthy contenders emerges high-flying South Gwinnett (Ga.) guard Louis Williams, our pick as the No. 1 player in the Class of 2005.

With the high school basketball season rapidly approaching, SchoolSports.com unveils its preseason ranking of the nation's Top 100 hoop recruits in the Class of 2005. To get more information on the nation's top players, check out our new 2005 HS Hoops yearbook. Once again, SchoolSports and the Sporting News have combined forces on this annual preview which includes in-depth player rankings and analysis for the Class of 2005, 2006 and 2007, as well as national and regional team rankings and features on some of the top prep players in the country. The 2005 HS Hoops yearbook hits newsstands on October 26, but you can order your advance copy today .

Class of 2005 Preseason Rankings

1. Louis Williams

South Gwinnett (Snellville, Ga.)

Shooting Guard, 6-0, 172

2. Richard Hendrix

Athens (Ala.)

Power Forward, 6-8, 257

3. Tyler Hansbrough

Poplar Bluff (Mo.)

Power Forward, 6-8, 224

4. Josh McRoberts

Carmel (Ind.)

Power Forward, 6-10, 231

5. Julian Wright

Homewood-Flossmoor (Flossmoor, Ill.)

Small Forward, 6-7, 214

6. Brandon Rush

Mount Zion (Durham, N.C.)

Small Forward, 6-6, 200

7. Martell Webster

Seattle Prep

Small Forward, 6-6, 236

8. Tasmin Mitchell

Denham Springs (La.)

Power Forward, 6-8, 235

9. Monta Ellis

Lanier (Jackson, Miss.)

Shooting Guard, 6-4, 175

10. Andray Blatche

South Kent (Conn.) Prep

Center, 6-11, 235

11. Gerald Green

Gulf Shores Academy (Houston)

Small Forward, 6-8, 195

12. Keith Brumbaugh

DeLand (Fla.)

Power Forward, 6-8, 197

13. Shawne Williams

Laurinburg (N.C.) Prep

Small Forward, 6-9, 228

14. Eric Devendorf

Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Va.)

Shooting Guard, 6-3, 180

15. Greg Paulus

Christian Brothers Academy (Syracuse, N.Y.)

Point Guard, 6-2, 185

16. Micah Downs

Juanita (Kirkland, Wash.)

Small Forward, 6-8, 190

17. C.J. Miles

Skyline (Dallas)

Small Forward, 6-5, 195

18. Mario Chalmers

Bartlett (Anchorage, Alaska)

Point Guard, 6-2, 175

19. Chris Douglas-Roberts

Northwestern (Detroit)

Point Guard, 6-4, 170

20. Amir Johnson

Westchester (Los Angeles)

Center, 6-11, 215

21. Mike Mercer

South Gwinnett (Snellville, Ga.)

Point Guard, 6-3, 168

22. Tyler Smith

Giles County (Pulaski, Tenn.)

Small Forward, 6-7, 225

23. Bobby Frasor

Brother Rice (Chicago)

Point Guard, 6-3, 180

24. Jon Brockman

Snohomish (Wash.)

Power Forward, 6-6, 246

25. Terrence Williams

Rainier Beach (Seattle)

Shooting Guard, 6-6, 220

26. Andrew Bynum

St. Joseph’s (Metuchen, N.J.)

Center, 6-11, 280

27. Marcus Williams

Roosevelt (Seattle)

Shooting Guard, 6-7, 195

28. Luke Zeller

Washington (Ind.)

Power Forward, 6-10, 223

29. Eric Boateng

St. Andrew’s (Middletown, Del.)

Center, 6-9, 230

30. Byron Eaton

Lincoln (Dallas)

Point Guard, 5-10, 200

31. Jamont Gordon

Shooting Guard, 6-3, 215

32. Brandon Costner

Seton Hall Prep (West Orange, N.J.)

Small Forward, 6-9, 230

33. Tyrell Biggs

Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.)

Power Forward, 6-8, 250

34. Kevin Rogers

South Oak Cliff (Dallas)

Power Forward, 6-7, 223

35. Korvotney Barber

Manchester (Ga.)

Power Forward, 6-7, 220

36. Davon Jefferson

Lynwood (Calif.)

Small Forward, 6-8, 205

37. Fendi Onobun

Alief Taylor (Houston)

Small Forward, 6-6, 224

38. Marcus Ginyard

Bishop O’Connell (Arlington, Va.)

Shooting Guard, 6-5, 195

39. Gary Flowers

Lincoln (Dallas)

Small Forward, 6-8, 210

40. Joe Krabbenhoft

Roosevelt (Sioux Falls, S.D.)

Small Forward, 6-7, 225

41. Theo Davis

Cardozo (Bayside, N.Y.)

Center, 6-10, 220

42. Leo Criswell

Piper (Kansas City, Kan.)

Power Forward, 6-8, 220

43. Rashad Woods

Heritage Christian (Cleveland, Texas)

Shooting Guard, 6-6, 210

44. Jamal Boykin

Fairfax (Los Angeles)

Power Forward, 6-6, 226

45. Danny Green

St. Mary’s (Manhasset, N.Y.)

Shooting Guard, 6-5, 200

46. Andre McGee

Canyon Springs (Moreno Valley, Calif.)

Point Guard, 6-0, 185

47. Shane Clark

Hargrave Military (Chatham, Va.)

Small Forward, 6-7, 190

48. Rashad Chase

Mays (Atlanta)

Power Forward, 6-8, 225

49. Dominic James

Richmond (Ind.)

Point Guard, 5-11, 169

50. Vernon Goodridge

Lutheran Christian (Philadelphia)

Center, 6-10, 220

51. Kevin Swinton

Dudley (Greensboro, N.C.)

Power Forward, 6-5, 216

52. Uche Echefu

Montrose Christian (Rockville, Md.)

Power Forward, 6-7, 204

53. Courtney Fells

Shannon (Miss.)

Shooting Guard, 6-7, 190

54. Marcus Johnson

Westchester (Los Angeles)

Small Forward, 6-6, 190

55. Dior Lowhorn

Berkeley (Calif.)

Power Forward, 6-7, 215

56. Casaan Breeden

Marlboro County (Bennettsville, S.C.)

Small Forward, 6-6, 182

57. Terrel Harris

South Garland (Texas)

Shooting Guard, 6-4, 175

58. Lewis Clinch

Crisp County (Cordele, Ga.)

Shooting Guard, 6-3, 185

59. Lamar Roberson

Central Park Christian (Birmingham, Ala.)

Small Forward, 6-8, 205

60. Jonathan Kale

St. Andrew’s (Barrington, R.I.)

Power Forward, 6-8, 245

61. David Huertas

Arlington Country Day (Jacksonville, Fla.)

Shooting Guard, 6-4, 178

62. Cyrus McGowan

Meridian (Miss.)

Center, 6-9, 225

63. Michael Washington

McGehee (Ark.)

Power Forward, 6-8, 219

64. Nyan Boateng

Lincoln (Brooklyn, N.Y.)

Shooting Guard, 6-3, 190

65. J.P. Prince

White Station (Memphis, Tenn.)

Point Guard, 6-5, 183

66. Lawrence Hill

Deer Valley (Glendale, Ariz.)

Small Forward, 6-8, 205

67. Emmanuel Mayben

Troy (N.Y.)

Point Guard, 6-3, 170

68. Abdul Herrera

South Miami

Center, 6-10, 245

69. Magnum Rolle

Laurinburg (N.C.) Prep

Power Forward, 6-9, 199

70. Lawrence Kinnard

Raleigh-Egypt (Memphis)

Small Forward, 6-6, 186

71. Wes Matthews

Memorial (Madison, Wis.)

Shooting Guard, 6-5, 205

72. Shawn Taggart

Mount Zion (Durham, N.C.)

Center, 6-11, 210

73. Joey Cameron

Leeds (Ala.)

Power Forward, 6-9, 240

74. Roderick Flemings

DeSoto (Texas)

Small Forward, 6-6, 210

75. A.J. Abrams

McNeil (Austin, Texas)

Point Guard, 5-10, 142

76. Jordan Wilkes

Loyola (Los Angeles)

Center, 6-10, 200

77. Bryan Harvey

Dominguez (Compton, Calif.)

Shooting Guard, 6-6, 210

78. Clarence Holloway

Harlan (Chicago)

Center, 7-1, 270

79. K.C. Rivers

Shooting Guard, 6-3, 218

80. Austin Jackson

Denton (Texas) Ryan

Point Guard, 6-2, 180

81. Kevin Lisch

Althoff Catholic (Belleville, Ill.)

Point Guard, 6-0, 182

82. Ben McCauley

Yough (Herminie, Pa.)

Power Forward, 6-9, 225

83. Levance Fields

Xaverian (Brooklyn, N.Y.)

Point Guard, 5-10, 204

84. B.J. Raymond

St. John’s (Toledo, Ohio)

Small Forward, 6-5, 192

85. J.R. Inman

St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, N.J.)

Small Forward, 6-8, 200

86. Artem Wallace

Toledo (Wash.)

Power Forward, 6-8, 235

87. Devan Downey

Chester (S.C.)

Point Guard, 5-9, 156

88. Chad Millard

Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, N.H.)

Small Forward, 6-9, 212

89. Danny Williams

Fremont (Los Angeles)

Shooting Guard, 6-3, 185

90. Jeff Adrien

Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, N.H.)

Power Forward, 6-5, 218

91. Alfred Aboya

Tilton (N.H.) School

Power Forward, 6-7, 242

92. Terry Martin

Richwood (Monroe, La.)

Shooting Guard, 6-7, 194

93. Ryan Ayers

Germantown Academy (Fort Washington, Pa.)

Shooting Guard, 6-6, 205

94. Derwin Kitchen

Raines (Jacksonville, Fla.)

Shooting Guard, 6-4, 184

95. Josh Thornton

Caesar Rodney (Camden-Wyoming, Del.)

Point Guard, 6-2, 163

96. Darren Collison

Etiwanda (Calif.)

Point Guard, 6-2, 150

97. Marcus Landry

Vincent (Milwaukee)

Power Forward, 6-6, 205

98. Denis Clemente

Calusa Prep (Miami)

Point Guard, 5-11, 150

99. Joey Shaw

Deer Valley (Glendale, Ariz.)

Shooting Guard, 6-6, 170

100. Octavius Spann

Banneker (College Park, Ga.)

Small Forward, 6-8, 218

I attended the Marshall County (KY) Hoopfest on Dec4. All of the recruiting guru's were in attendance, sitting in two rows under one of the baskets. At one point in the day, the guru's were introduced individually to the fans.

Althoff let a game get away from them and lost to Chicago Hales Franciscan by a bucket. Kevin Litsch had a sub-standard shooting performance, even though he scored 17 pts or so. The guru's did not see KL's normal game. The following Thursday some of the same guru's saw Althoff at Keith Pickett's Shootout.

KL is much better then the guru's saw in early December. I could give a crap what they write!

Jalensdad2002 said, "I think he proved that this morning, going for 15 4th qtr points and 9/10 from the line."

I too saw the game yesterday morning. In a game where it came down to the wire, Kevin simply willed Althoff to win. He was unable to be stopped and as Jalensdad said he dominated the 4th quarter. His ability to hit clutch free throws would sure look good on this years team!