Great quote from Lisch article

ACE

I recommend to everyone to try to see him play this year. I've seen him play at least once each year since he was a Freshman. Definitely a treat to watch. The article included this:

"He also has mastered the lost art of the mid-range jump shot, braking off the dribble as his defender flies by. "

I was mentioning last week to someone that he had this skill which you just don't see too much anymore. Everyone wants to set outside the three point arc. I've seen him come down the court, into the key, elavate and hang from 8 to 10 feet out and adjust his shot. Guess it's the best I can describe it.

Just wanted to get my two cents in.

P.S. Creighton has a similar player in Nate Funk. He did a job on the Tigers last night.

nebraska bob said, "I recommend to everyone to try to see him play this year."

while kevin has his highlight moments, kevin is much more like a fine wine that is a casual appreciation that grows over watching time after time. after the game is over, you might glow about xavier price's running one handed putback dunk on a rebound, but the then you realize that price shot far below his average, couldnt even try to drive to the basket and was outscored by a wide margin by the quiet and efficient kevin lisch.

that is the typical night of our future wing guard. so if you go once and dont come away greatly impressed, come back again and watch everything but the scoring closer the next time. the scoring is just the icing on the cake. everything else he does for the team is the cake.

assuming coach soderberg has now addressed whatever was going on in the virgin islands, i still expect the billikens to win 18-20 games this season. no one knows what happened down there, but obviously there was something going on when darren clarke starts out of the blue, frericks doesnt even play half of the minutes, and newborne is playing even less and of the minutes he is playing he is playing power forward. come back monkey boy in a month or so.

>Much like the expectations you had for this season. The

>expectations your are putting on this kid are all but

>setting him up to fail. No one could live up to the praise

>you are heaping on. Much less a kid that is not even one of

>the top kids in the 2005 class.

Nice game against Creighton, monkeyboy. Less than 5,000 in attendance?

>Your right Creigton is no Austin Peay or Eastern Michigan.

>Game was in KC, we will see how many people actually show up

>(Not buy a ticket - if that was the criterial all MU games

>are sellouts) for the Billiken games.

I'm glad you're happy with Snyder. He cheats and he sucks. What a great combination. You deserve him.

Never said I was happy with him. He got caught cheating and he sucks. However you guys would be giddy if you were in the tournament as offten as Missouri was. All Summer and Fall all I read was how this would be the year you would be back in the tournament, how Polk was some superstud that was overlooked. Now all I read is wait till next year when the new kids show up. I can't wait to see what you guys are writing next year. Roy has practically anointed Lisch as a God. Kids with these types of expectation will almost always disapoint. All the while you have no size and Brad is no better than a 500 coach who has yet to prove he can coach even marginally talented players. Add on the fact that the A10 + 4 will get no more than 2 or 3 bids and the Bills won't be able to afford any early season mistakes against the likes of Austin Peay or Eastern Michigan.

Best of Luck

Brad's taken two teams you would call marginal talent-wise to two consecutive postseasons. That's better than .500, so you're wrong there. Your boy, took a team of overhyped losers to a season worse than ours last year. Way to go!

As for Lisch, he was recruited by Kansas and Illinois, which unike your sorry a$$ program, know something about winning.

You guys actually had one fan on the tigerboard who had a clue, claiming that Lisch is exactly the kind of kid Mizzou should be recruiting.

I guess you couldn't use Lisch, you've already got the likes of Spencer Laurie and Jimmy McKinney. Hahahaha!

vg said, "Roy has practically anointed Lisch as a God."

nothing is further from the truth. i have time and time again said he is a workman player that does all the little things. no highlight film stuff. he is the perfect brad soderberg player.

if you are expecting kobe bryant or michael jordan, it didnt come from me. he is good. imo better than anyone mi$$ouri has now and other than bryant, i dont think slu has a player that is as good either. but that is an appreciation that wont be noticed immediately. the post article today is as good of an article to describe kevin lisch as i have seen on him. and while the article states he is the best in the area, i didnt see any god references. you made that.

"As for Lisch, he was recruited by Kansas and Illinois, which unike your sorry a$$ program, know something about winning."

Now you're bragging on the coattails of programs you're not even a fan of?

" guess you couldn't use Lisch, you've already got the likes of Spencer Laurie and Jimmy McKinney. Hahahaha!"

I guess all the clamoring for Jimmy to transfer to SLU has been forgotten then?

I'm not sure who I would rather have if I were a MU fan. Does it really matter? I think Kleiza is an absolute beast, but whether it's him or anyone else, I don't believe Q is a very good coach and I think he is proving that already already this year.