Congratulations

I imagine it’s similar to winning ‘Teacher of the Year,’ in the education field.

I won the award, for my building, in my 3rd year of teaching. I was super pumped, and proud that my hard work was being recognized.

But after seeing the nimrods that won the award, the next few years, I realized that it’s just an award that’s passed around like a bong.  You weren’t allowed to win it twice, so everyone eventually got the ‘honor.’  It meant nothing. 

1 hour ago, thunderdan said:

I imagine it’s similar to winning ‘Teacher of the Year,’ in the education field.

I won the award, for my building, in my 3rd year of teaching. I was super pumped, and proud that my hard work was being recognized.

But after seeing the nimrods that won the award, the next few years, I realized that it’s just an award that’s passed around like a bong.  You weren’t allowed to win it twice, so everyone eventually got the ‘honor.’  It meant nothing. 

Didn't under value yourself Thunder Dan.  You're my nominee for Billikens.com teacher of the year.  Sign Guy won it the last few years.

I always just imagined you were a member of the Thunder from Down Under performance troupe just working at the Excalibur Hotel in Vegas.

1 hour ago, thunderdan said:

Ummm, how should I feel, given that I've never won one of these...?

On 3/20/2024 at 5:38 PM, billiken class of 15 said:

Ummm, how should I feel, given that I've never won one of these...?

It's coming. Everyone gets one. 😉

On 3/20/2024 at 5:25 PM, TheA_Bomb said:

Didn't under value yourself Thunder Dan.  You're my nominee for Billikens.com teacher of the year.  Sign Guy won it the last few years.

I always just imagined you were a member of the Thunder from Down Under performance troupe just working at the Excalibur Hotel in Vegas.

That's my summer gig. 😋

This thread seemed like the best catch-all for the fact that we have 5 teams playing today:

-WBB is at Fort Wayne in the WNIT Super 16 tonight at 6:00
-Baseball hosts Rhody again at 2:00
-Softball has a doubleheader at GW at 11:00 and 1:00
-Men's Tennis hosts Butler at 1:00
-And the Track & Field team is spread out among 5 different events this weekend - at Wash U, Stanford, San Francisco State, Texas, and Texas State.

Streams are available for WBB, baseball, softball, and the Texas Relays - ESPN+ for the first three, Longhorn Network for the last one.

Would be nice to see the award-winning athletic department promote such a big day. That's a ton of stuff for your fans to stream on a slow Friday afternoon at work.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This thread seemed like the best catch-all for the fact that we have 5 teams playing today:

-WBB is at Fort Wayne in the WNIT Super 16 tonight at 6:00
-Baseball hosts Rhody again at 2:00
-Softball has a doubleheader at GW at 11:00 and 1:00
-Men's Tennis hosts Butler at 1:00
-And the Track & Field team is spread out among 5 different events this weekend - at Wash U, Stanford, San Francisco State, Texas, and Texas State.

Streams are available for WBB, baseball, softball, and the Texas Relays - ESPN+ for the first three, Longhorn Network for the last one.

Would be nice to see the award-winning athletic department promote such a big day. That's a ton of stuff for your fans to stream on a slow Friday afternoon at work.

So you think the athletics department should promote SLU athletic teams? Radical…

3 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

So you think the athletics department should promote SLU athletic teams? Radical…

The individual teams generally do, but days like this make me wonder why no one is like "Hey SLU fans, there's a ton available to stream today..." in a way that isn't one-offs from every program and more like something making a bigger deal of a busy SLU athletic program.

Also, these teams are good. Baseball is 17-6, softball is 16-11, men's tennis is 11-2, women's tennis is 12-1, and women's basketball has a chance to go the deepest they've ever gone in the WNIT.

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The individual teams generally do, but days like this make me wonder why no one is like "Hey SLU fans, there's a ton available to stream today..." in a way that isn't one-offs from every program and more like something making a bigger deal of a busy SLU athletic program.

I’ve felt SLU marketing of its athletic programs has been pretty bad the last few years. One of the worst examples was the Bronze Boot game last year. SLU basically sent out a couple emails, from the SIUE side they were bombarding alumni, current students, anyone they could get ahold of with daily emails and other social media posts. Just one small example

Pistol likes this

2 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

I’ve felt SLU marketing of its athletic programs has been pretty bad the last few years. One of the worst examples was the Bronze Boot game last year. SLU basically sent out a couple emails, from the SIUE side they were bombarding alumni, current students, anyone they could get ahold of with daily emails and other social media posts. Just one small example

Somebody let them know that 10 years later, I am still available....