SLU soccer jersey - sleuth

Any thoughts on what year this jersey applies to? #10. Friend has a resale store and this jersey came in. He is trying to place it.

Thinking 2000-2005 but neither of us had much luck on google.

image.thumb.jpeg.81da6cb5020273ad7dfdf643e6b57222.jpeg

1 hour ago, pakapablo said:

Any thoughts on what year this jersey applies to? #10. Friend has a resale store and this jersey came in. He is trying to place it.

Thinking 2000-2005 but neither of us had much luck on google.

image.thumb.jpeg.81da6cb5020273ad7dfdf643e6b57222.jpeg

It would have to predate 2001, I remember watching Brad Davis and Dipsy and they wore jerseys with Saint Louis huge on the front and they were Nike.

The last year SLU had Adidas as the men’s soccer team supplier was 1989.  I think that predates that Adidas logo, but if it doesn’t it would be Tim Strange’s jersey.  After that the soccer team used Umbro until going with Nike in 1998.

My guess is it is probably a 1999 DiMaria replica.

TheChosenOne likes this

26 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Could be a Busch or Cougars club jersey? 

That could be.  If it is a SLU replica it couldn’t be after the late 90’s.  After that they stopped ever using St. Louis and they always went with Saint Louis.

TheChosenOne likes this

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That could be.  If it is a SLU replica it couldn’t be after the late 90’s.  After that the stopped ever using St. Louis and they always went with Saint Louis.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

If that’s an actual SLU soccer jersey, it’s likely from before 2000. It has an Adidas logo on it, and SLU has had Nike gear going back to at least 2002, when I started school there. 

There's a climalite tag on the bottom right. Feels like that indicates that it's more contemporary

TheChosenOne and brianstl like this

I was able to find a reference on an Adidas website which said the following:

adidas first began making sports apparel with Climalite fabric in 1986 — the material is designed to wick moisture to keep athletes dry and comfortable. Since then, adidas has made a number of material innovations. In the 2020s, AEROREADY is adidas’ most up-to-date moisture management system. AEROREADY uses absorbent fabric to help keep you dry as you move, in a range of conditions

So it could be a genuine Adidas jersey used from 1986-1989. If that’s the case, it could be Dan Walters, (86, 87) or Tim Strange (88,89)

17 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I was able to find a reference on an Adidas website which said the following:

adidas first began making sports apparel with Climalite fabric in 1986 — the material is designed to wick moisture to keep athletes dry and comfortable. Since then, adidas has made a number of material innovations. In the 2020s, AEROREADY is adidas’ most up-to-date moisture management system. AEROREADY uses absorbent fabric to help keep you dry as you move, in a range of conditions

So it could be a genuine Adidas jersey used from 1986-1989. If that’s the case, it could be Dan Walters, (86, 87) or Tim Strange (88,89)

Yeah but when did they start using that tag/logo for the technology

21 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yeah but when did they start using that tag/logo for the technology

No idea. It could be genuine from the 1980’s, it might not be. Without other information, can’t tell. Nothing about what we know from the photo or information proves it’s definitely a replica. Need more information.

32 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

No idea. It could be genuine from the 1980’s, it might not be. Without other information, can’t tell. Nothing about what we know from the photo or information proves it’s definitely a replica. Need more information.

They didn’t start using that Adidas logo until 1991 according to my non extensive research on the google.

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

They didn’t start using that Adidas logo until 1991 according to my non extensive research on the google.

Ah, then it’s a replica. Not sure why a replica like that would have been made, but there it is. An interesting project, I thought for a while there that we would have to sneak into the Adidas archives in Herzogenaurach, Germany.

That Climalite logo @pakapablo posted wasn’t from the 1980’s.  I found a German National Football (Soccer) Team jersey from 1986, and the logo was white with “Climalite” and then “2000” underneath that. Must be a replica from the 1990’s, although why it was created I still don’t know.

10 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

That Climalite logo @pakapablo posted wasn’t from the 1980’s.  I found a German National Football (Soccer) Team jersey from 1986, and the logo was white with “Climalite” and then “2000” underneath that. Must be a replica from the 1990’s, although why it was created I still don’t know.

I really don't think it's a replica of a SLU jersey at all.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I really don't think it's a replica of a SLU jersey at all.

Agreed. Taking in all the pics, my guess is this is from the 2000s and is from a club team.

33 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Agreed. Taking in all the pics, my guess is this is from the 2000s and is from a club team.

I can't find a picture or the actual jersey. But I played on St. Louis Cougars back in the late 90s and we had that exact pinstriping.