Courtball insanity

What’s next? Is the judge going to sign off on who starts and who subs in to insure fairness for Shannon? When Shannon gets subbed out? How many total minutes he plays? How many shot attempts he gets per game? 

6 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

Where was this during Situation 1

There weren’t court charges filed against the players.  It was all done within the Title IX process.  I don’t believe you can get a court injunction for internal kangaroo court processes like that. 

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

What’s next? Is the judge going to sign off on who starts and who subs in to insure fairness for Shannon? When Shannon gets subbed out? How many total minutes he plays? How many shot attempts he gets per game? 

I don’t see this as that outrageous.  It appears the judge found that the school didn’t follow their own rules for these kind of situations.

TRN and JMM28 like this

Think you could also argue why a complaint was filed in september and charges weren't filed until 3 months later. Why the wait by Lawrence PD? 

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Think you could also argue why a complaint was filed in september and charges weren't filed until 3 months later. Why the wait by Lawrence PD? 

I’m not condoning what Shannon did at all, by any means.  But it seems like the DA overcharged him based on an interpretation of the law.  It took them 3 months to issue the charges, too.

9 hours ago, thetorch said:

I have no info about this but sometimes it takes a while to get people to step forward.  Maybe the player was not cooperating - who knows but it is not unusual for something like this to take time before the DA decides - not saying this right just that it is

57 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I have no info about this but sometimes it takes a while to get people to step forward.  Maybe the player was not cooperating - who knows but it is not unusual for something like this to take time before the DA decides - not saying this right just that it is

He got charged with rape for getting to 3rd base, using old school terminology, at a Lawrence bar.  The victim was ok with it when she thought he was a KU football player, but when she found out he was an Illinois basketball player she got upset.  The DA charged him with the harshest law.

9 hours ago, TRN said:

I’m not condoning what Shannon did at all, by any means.  But it seems like the DA overcharged him based on an interpretation of the law.  It took them 3 months to issue the charges, too.

How do you know he did anything?  Charged not convicted.

1 hour ago, TRN said:

He got charged with rape for getting to 3rd base, using old school terminology, at a Lawrence bar.  The victim was ok with it when she thought he was a KU football player, but when she found out he was an Illinois basketball player she got upset.  The DA charged him with the harshest law.

The wheels of justice turns slowly