An interesting A-10 matchup tonight

The Wiz

Loy-C vs #10 FAU

I think FAU is a bit over rated at 10....but they do make The Wiz Top 25 coming in at #24...so yes they are a very good team ...and the computer does pick FAU to win so no big surprises.

BUT the computer is picking FAU to win by 5...with a foot note of a possible upset.  Even playing in Chicago, FAU should be able to beat an average (C-) team by more than 5.   Loy-C is projecting as a PIG team right now in the A-10.

Again it is early in the season and only 1 game played so far...but even a close loss for the Ramblers would be an accomplishment.

I realize it’s early, but the A10 looks like it will be a worse conference this year than it was last year. Win in Brooklyn if you want to go to the NCAA, I don’t think any other path is viable for anyone right now. I guess we see how the rest of the non-conference schedule plays out.

11 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I realize it’s early, but the A10 looks like it will be a worse conference this year than it was last year. Win in Brooklyn if you want to go to the NCAA, I don’t think any other path is viable for anyone right now. I guess we see how the rest of the non-conference schedule plays out.

Zero Bid League 

3 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

On 2nd thought.  I have no idea how you can make this conclusion now.  The conference has 2 losses. 

Dayton was ranked by kenpom as the top team in the A10 at 68 before the injury to Malachi Smith, which has to have an impact on their ranking. Next highest according to kenpom are the Bonnies at 76 and Loy-Chi at 79. Early going, but right now the A10 is definitely in one-bid status.  A10 teams need to win against good teams to change that.

18 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Dayton was ranked by kenpom as the top team in the A10 at 68 before the injury to Malachi Smith, which has to have an impact on their ranking. Next highest according to kenpom are the Bonnies at 76 and Loy-Chi at 79. Early going, but right now the A10 is definitely in one-bid status.  A10 teams need to win against good teams to change that.

Yikes.

Juan Bid League. Shoulda got in the Beast when we could. Thanks, Jim Crews.