Reasons For Optimism

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

In the two Exhibition games our two primary ball handlers had an 18:1 Assist to Turnover ratio. 

i liked them both.   neither were show offs or risk takers.   i have nothing to base it on, but i feel that by sight, medley will turn out the better.   even with his very small size.  

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i liked them both.   neither were show offs or risk takers.   i have nothing to base it on, but i feel that by sight, medley will turn out the better.   even with his very small size.  

Turn out the better what?  Passer?  He's already the better passer.  He's the only passing guard we have on this roster. 

Meadows is a combo guard that was brought in to take the reins so Medley wasn't forced to be our point guard on day one.  It may take some time before Medley can actually score at this level.

58 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Turn out the better what?  Passer?  He's already the better passer.  He's the only passing guard we have on this roster. 

Meadows is a combo guard that was brought in to take the reins so Medley wasn't forced to be our point guard on day one.  It may take some time before Medley can actually score at this level.

the better all around point guard.   passing, scoring, defense, leadership.   the whole package.  

medley or meadows whether they like it or not are going to be point guards or pretty far down the list of wings.   the strongest postion we have on our roster is our wings.  and all are good imo.   he is not going to play ahead of parker, jimerson, or hughes.   i would play Thames ahead of both.   i would say both are only ahead of curcic right now and i like a lot of what curcic appears to be able to do.   apprehension (probably confidence) seems to be holding curcic back.   

and when our bigs start to play, thames time as the kinda power forward is probably over or reduced more and even hargrove will be seeing less time in the lane.  imo, neither meadows or medley are going to play a lot on the wing.

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the better all around point guard.   passing, scoring, defense, leadership.   the whole package.  

Medley or Meadows whether they like it or not are going to be point guards or pretty far down the list of wings.   the strongest postion we have on our roster is our wings.  and all are good imo.   he is not going to play ahead of Parker, Jimerson, or Hughes.   i would play Thames ahead of both.   i would say both are only ahead of Curcic right now and i like a lot of what Curcic appears to be able to do.   apprehension (probably confidence) seems to be holding Curcic back.   

and when our bigs start to play, Thames time as the kinda power forward is probably over or reduced more and even Hargrove will be seeing less time in the lane.  imo, neither Meadows or Medley are going to play a lot on the wing.

You will see both Medley and Meadows playing together when we face a full court press.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You will see both Medley and Meadows playing together when we face a full court press.

Hughes is better than both full court so unless all three are on the floor I don't agree 

12 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Hughes is better than both full court so unless all three are on the floor I don't agree 

Sure put three on the floor.  Hughes is the third and Thames the fourth.  Your opinion is noted.

And thanks for using a capital letter addressing Mr. Hughes.

On 10/19/2023 at 2:51 PM, slu72 said:

I was leaning a little bit more to a positive outlook for the upcoming year. My thinking was based on having two international bigs who could surprise us. Now, with their status up in the air, I’m not sure if I’m on the - or + side. I haven’t been impressed by Ford’s coaching cred since he’s been here, but he could recruit with the best of them to balance the scales. But that’s all changed now with NIL. So, I guess you could put me in with the pessimist crowd. 

72: at least take solace that not every single division one prospect can enroll at Kentucky. Some of them have to end up on rosters at other schools. Sometimes, the scraps can provide just as much nourishment as the main course. And that’s about as Pollyannish as I will get. We all start the season 0-0. All of us will end up six feet below ground. Stay humble. Go Bills.