Floyd McClain

ACE

Maybe 'Zo will get him at UW. He always said he was the best athlete that just never got to play because he was injured all the time. Hope he's feeling better and wish him luck. Just had a thought. Maybe Mizzery could recruit him. He doesn't need another trip to Missouri, since he already spent three years here.

here is another floyd link:

http://baytownsun.com/story.lasso?wcd=18597

apparently he is healthy and playing like he was supposed to while a billiken. good for floyd.

... and the best of luck to Floyd but what would he be if he were to enroll anywhere? He was here three years as 72 points out. Give him a redshirt year and that means he's got two in and two to go. But now he's playing JUCO. Would that mean three down and one to go or did he or could he get a sixth year due to the medical stuff?

And while I got b-roy and 72's attention ... I was reading the Sporting News again and saw where Jason Edwin is a senior at Kent State. How can that be? I can't recall all the hisotry but it seems to me that this has to be his sixth or seventh year in the collegiate ranks. Is that right?

(Daughter is looking at Kent State so it caught my eye.)

Jason is actually only a fifth year senior. He was a year behind Marque (and me) at SLU, so last year would have been his last year playing for the Bills had things worked out.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

If I remember right on Edwin, he went to a JUCO that did not have basketball to get his grades in order for one year. Because the school didn't have basketball, he did not lose a year. Could be wrong, but this happens & I think this is the route Edwin went.

... for the clarifications. I didn't know that one about the JUCO with no basketball. Live and learn. Isn't one of you the one with the ugly dad whose momma still dresses him funny (Scrivener)?

Forgive my innocence or simplicity, but it occurred to me that a guy who attended SLU for three years (much of the time without practice committments) should be well on his way toward a degree and wouldn't be attending a junior college. I realize that the ulterior motive is frequently making your basketball resume more attractive; but there are certainly 4 year schools which would provide basketball opportunities, perhaps even some with reputations in academics and/or hoops. How many credits did the guy earn?