Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Interesting question over on the A10 talk board. If you could pick a team of one player from each A10 team (14 players), who's on your team?  There are the usual loonies .... one guy said only one guy from Geedubya on his team because no one else matter .....another asked if excluding Fordham was  possible .... another said Tre Mitchell and 13 guards ..... and so on. But I'll play along on here, anyone else?

SLU - Goodwin (tough to leave off French and Perkins and Collins)

Richmond:  Nick Sherrod.

Bonaventure:  Osun Osunniyi

Dayton: Jalen Crutcher

Duquesne: Marcus Weathers

Umass: Tre Mitchell

VCU:  Bones Hyland

URI: Fatts Russell

Davidson: Kellan Grady

Mason:  Javon Greene

St. Joes: Ryan Daly

La Salle: Scott Spencer

GWU:  Jamison Battle

Fordham: Chuna Ohams

Any other takers?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

not sure where I should have posted this but Dwayne Cohill tore his ACL over the weekend.  Sophomore for UD was supposed to have a big roll on the bench

Link to post
Share on other sites

That really weakens Dayton's strong point some .... the backcourt.  Now it's one short leaving Crutcher,Watson and Chatman.  Do they push for Weaver to get a waiver?  

Right now, they start the above three with Tshimanga and Johnson.  No one else on the roster has D1 experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

That really weakens Dayton's strong point some .... the backcourt.  Now it's one short leaving Crutcher,Watson and Chatman.  Do they push for Weaver to get a waiver?  

Right now, they start the above three with Tshimanga and Johnson.  No one else on the roster has D1 experience.

We need to double team Crutcher everytime he gets the ball.  Goodwin and Jacobs swarm him every time he touches it.  

I think without Obi drawing all the defense, Crutcher is going to start to look pretty ordinary.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

We need to double team Crutcher everytime he gets the ball.  Goodwin and Jacobs swarm him every time he touches it.  

I think without Obi drawing all the defense, Crutcher is going to start to look pretty ordinary.  

Watson would love that plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crutcher and Watson better get in the best shape possible.  Both are likely going to be 35+ mpg men.  Ditto Chatman.  Chatman needs to develop a more consistent offensive game.  As a fifth-year senior, I think he will have the where with all to do that.  He too will be a 35+ mpg guy.  The issue will be tired legs because once the legs go, the shooting percentages tend to drop.  I don't know what or where the waiver process was for Weaver but I'd press it more or revisit it.  

There is no real reason to let Weaver sit a year.  As it were, Crutcher, Watson, Chatman and Tshimanga will all graduate if the current status quo remains intact.  Chase Johnson is an unknown enigma right now.  Crutcher shot 47% last year, almost 43% from three. Watson was 49/39; Chatman 40/36.  Of course, that was with Toppin/Mikesell/Landers and on a team renown for passing the ball.  Different make up this year for sure.  They are always a tough out in Dayton; we need to win that one there while they are depleted.

We will likely be Dayton's home Super Bowl come A10 time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the Umass flap obnoxiously funny.  In short, they are taking wins away from 2014-17 in both men's basketball and tennis for over-payments to the athletes who moved off-campus and therefore should have got less .... or something like that.  Umass self-reported because they originally thought the kids got free tickets to concerts and stuff.  Umass and NCAA enforcement agreed on the penalty but the NCAA Committee on Infractions did not and sent it back for penalty tack on.  Frankly, vacating wins from seasons three to six years in the past is pretty stupid and that's why I find it obnoxious.

With all the crap going on .... Will Wade, shoe payments, Penny ignoring roster limits, Box and Skip delivering bags of money,suspect waiver requests  ..... THIS is what is important to the NCAA?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I find the Umass flap obnoxiously funny.  In short, they are taking wins away from 2014-17 in both men's basketball and tennis for over-payments to the athletes who moved off-campus and therefore should have got less .... or something like that.  Umass self-reported because they originally thought the kids got free tickets to concerts and stuff.  Umass and NCAA enforcement agreed on the penalty but the NCAA Committee on Infractions did not and sent it back for penalty tack on.  Frankly, vacating wins from seasons three to six years in the past is pretty stupid and that's why I find it obnoxious.

With all the crap going on .... Will Wade, shoe payments, Penny ignoring roster limits, Box and Skip delivering bags of money,suspect waiver requests  ..... THIS is what is important to the NCAA?  

Taj just think about what you outlined above and tell me, what does that say about the way NCAA works?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...