You guys are killing us right now...4-0 at halftime

STLBlazer

I don't know at least he's consistent with his takes on the subject, and he likes soccer about as much as Rome does. Then again I usually get a charge out of Jim's soccer takes too on his show. Too each his own...lighten up...it's the weekend Dude, have a couple frosty cold ones.

lol... a little ahead of you there with the cocktails... on my way out as we speak...I don't think it could get "lighter"....btw...if you are so enamored with Rack em nation...have you ever heard the comdedian who does a lights out Rome impersonation? He is now on Fox NFL sunday mornings...short chubby guy. I never see the Fox NFL sunday show, but I have seen the guy's stand up...his Rome is brilliant. Nothing like the monotone pause for no reason, and congratulating yourself on such a "great" interview.

"Dude I'm out. Such a great post."

I do like Jim Rome and listen to him almost every day as his show comes on during my lunch hour. Is his show contrived? You bet and he is VERY full of himself, but that's OK for me because I know that already. I like him because he makes me laugh with some of his takes about crazy things that athletes and celebs do.

Glad you are having a cold one or three...just hope it is an A-B product, as even though I don't work for them anymore, I still have a few shares of the stock laying around the house.

You must be kidding about liking Rome ... Speaking of sportscasters that are idiots ... though I guess he is not really a sportscaster ... just an idiot.

Watch out Rome Jim Everett is coming ... Run away now.

I could respect his smack ... if he had the ba&^%$lls to back it up.

Different people...different tastes in humor. I've said countless times that Rome isn't for everyone, and I understand that. However, I wouldn't go as far as insinuating people who don't like him are idiots because I am far from being an idiot.

I'll watch Rome periodically and I enjoy it when I do. I couldn't watch him ongoing as I think it would drive me crazy and drive me away. I actually like his take on soccer as I tend to agree. I also like when he brings up things to athlestes they'd rather not talk about. I think Jim Gray does the same thing, but in an librarian type of way. Rome is obnoxious and it's easy to not in the mood for him.

Schasz ... I didn't say people who like him are idiots ... I said he was. I am very open minded ... but just don't get what people see in him.

He is obnoxious and arrogant ... I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem with him if he didn't talk smack about people then turn his back and run when confronted. The Jim Everett deal years back exposed him. He is a wuss. He also kisses up to people constantly if he thinks they are "cool".

Either way he has been successful which says too much about our culture.

to accept some abuse. It's kind of like the whole Christians vs the Romans thing. Are you prepared to die for your beliefs?

Soccer is the barbarian at the gate of civilized society. Let him into your living room if you must but I must try to keep our web civilization clean through the occaisional snipe.

Vedad ... with three unassisted goals and 1 with his head.

Sounds like UAB wanted to get rough. I hate to see that when teams are losing they want to get physical. Every team needs a thug on the end of their bench to let it be known that your best player is in danger if you want to turn it into a dirty game.

Its seems like it would be an interesting idea for a human interest story, how the hard working Bosnian community in St. Louis, refugees from a horrific civil war, producing some amazingly talented soccer players. Didnt Vedad Alagic come to SLU under similar circumstances??

Parallels could be drawn to the St. Louis Irish community producing the nations best players in the 50s and 60s.

Just a thought..

I know Vedad has been here at least a couple of years ... I sold his dad a car a couple of years ago. I do not know why they came. South Stl. is a huge Bosnian community ... I believe 2nd largest in the US. It is also becoming a large Mexican community, especially around the Cherokee area. I would think more soccer players from them than from the Bosnians. I don't know the name of the park but it is the one where they filmed a lot of the soccer movie that is coming out about the US National team that beat England in the 50's. ... there is always soccer being played in that park.

The young Bosnian crowd is not getting a good start in Stl. ... There is a bit of a problem there ... a lot of drugs ... and unemployment at least that is the story from the cops that patrol this area ... they see it as a rising problem.

Vedad's family though are very nice people ... his Dad is a very nice guy.

No it isn't. Soccer is known throughout the world as the beautiful game.

Tonka are you going to be at the game monday? If so come over and introduce yourself.

Ease up on soccer ... those who go out of their way to knock the game are probably jealous of it's popularity. If you really don't like it ignore the thread.

South County has a large Bosnian population. Two of the better high school Soccer players in St Louis are Tiago Sa Fres???? from CBC (Spelling) and Denaldo Haz??? from Mehlville HS. Both would be great additions to the Bills in a few years. Caught part of the Mehlville game Thursday night before the Red Devils played Desmet. The Mehlville kid is special.

If you are going to live in St. Louis, then you should be prepared that soccer is indeed a ruler in your tunnel-visioned universe. And if you are affiliated with SLU, you should know that soccer has ruled the landscape at the school for ...oh...about... ever.

How small is your tunnel? Would you prefer all local programming on the radio too?

i totally disagree. basketball has always ruled the campus.

even when i was in school in the dark days of ekker world, david burns was worshipped by the student body, while the hayes kid, who was the soccer star then, was just an ordinary student.