Weekend A10 games 2/27 ...

Taj79

... don't crane your neck by watching those big boys at the top. Focus down here. Down here. Lower. Lower. Bend at the knees if you have to. Yes... welcome to the A10 bottom of the heap and the residence of our beloved Billies.

Saturday's games will be worth watching or at least checking in on as we await Sunday's tip out here in Philly.

The earliest games are on TV but likely won't bear much on us. A depleted Rhode Island team goes to Dayton for a noon EST tip on ESPN 2. Dayton should cruise and put the onus on the other front runners to keep up.

At 12:30 EST on NBCSN, a nice match up as VCU stays in the DC area and goes to Foggy Bottom and sees the Geedubya Colonials. This could have been a less meaningful game however since Mason took down the Rams earlier this week, Geedubya is now in a position to maybe ..... maybe.... reap some benefits by downing the Rams. It will move the alma mater of Stevie Sign Punk Rogers closer to a top four spot, a half game behind wherever VCU is. Jockeying for position. Will VCU lose two in a row? I think they will.

Then the fun starts. Davidson goes to Rose Hill and Fordham for a 2 pm, EST tip. Can Fordham beat these guys? If so, it is likely only at home. A win by Fordham moves them a game above us and out of the tie party most of the cellar is living in. Go Davidson.

Same time 75 miles south, La Salle entertains Mason. La Salle is the definition of bad but they'll win at home right? Just don't know. Too close to call. A Mason win gives them five and likely ties us. A La Salle win and there is hope the Fightin' Giannini's can escape the A10 cellars only two years removed from a Sweet Sixteen visit.

At four, the Olean Otters entertain Umass. Should be a pressure-maintaining win for the Bonny Brown Indians. And tie them for third with VCU if that loss plays out above.

Finally, at 6, the schizoid Spiders leave Richmond and visit the Palumbo Air Duct Museum and Duquesne. I think we really have to root for a Duquesne win here and get them out of our tie-party area code. Any result where we are tied with Duquesne automatically puts us in an 0-2 deficit and drops us lower. I'd rather they finished ninth or higher so we can achieve my new level of success -- avoiding the PIG of Wednesday March 9 in Brooklyn.

If ..... Duquesne and Mason win, and us, Fordham and Umass lose, we have a four-way for tenth and we actually win that based on our record of 3 and 1 against our other tied competitors.

Love this time of year. Even when you are out of the running, you are not out of the running. And I ain't even hammered yet.

Let me try to simplify this........

Day over RI by 7 1/2.......Day flies over RI

VCU & GW......Even.......A nail biter for Steve

Dav over Ford by 2..........Wildcats ram Rams

GM over LaS by 2 1/2.....Patriots explore new ways to win

St. B over UMass by 10...How long does it take the Bonnies to win? Just a Minute Man

Rich and Duq....Even......Draw in the web

... don't crane your neck by watching those big boys at the top. Focus down here. Down here. Lower. Lower. Bend at the knees if you have to. Yes... welcome to the A10 bottom of the heap and the residence of our beloved Billies.

Saturday's games will be worth watching or at least checking in on as we await Sunday's tip out here in Philly.

The earliest games are on TV but likely won't bear much on us. A depleted Rhode Island team goes to Dayton for a noon EST tip on ESPN 2. Dayton should cruise and put the onus on the other front runners to keep up.

At 12:30 EST on NBCSN, a nice match up as VCU stays in the DC area and goes to Foggy Bottom and sees the Geedubya Colonials. This could have been a less meaningful game however since Mason took down the Rams earlier this week, Geedubya is now in a position to maybe ..... maybe.... reap some benefits by downing the Rams. It will move the alma mater of Stevie Sign Punk Rogers closer to a top four spot, a half game behind wherever VCU is. Jockeying for position. Will VCU lose two in a row? I think they will.

Then the fun starts. Davidson goes to Rose Hill and Fordham for a 2 pm, EST tip. Can Fordham beat these guys? If so, it is likely only at home. A win by Fordham moves them a game above us and out of the tie party most of the cellar is living in. Go Davidson.

Same time 75 miles south, La Salle entertains Mason. La Salle is the definition of bad but they'll win at home right? Just don't know. Too close to call. A Mason win gives them five and likely ties us. A La Salle win and there is hope the Fightin' Giannini's can escape the A10 cellars only two years removed from a Sweet Sixteen visit.

At four, the Olean Otters entertain Umass. Should be a pressure-maintaining win for the Bonny Brown Indians. And tie them for third with VCU if that loss plays out above.

Finally, at 6, the schizoid Spiders leave Richmond and visit the Palumbo Air Duct Museum and Duquesne. I think we really have to root for a Duquesne win here and get them out of our tie-party area code. Any result where we are tied with Duquesne automatically puts us in an 0-2 deficit and drops us lower. I'd rather they finished ninth or higher so we can achieve my new level of success -- avoiding the PIG of Wednesday March 9 in Brooklyn.

If ..... Duquesne and Mason win, and us, Fordham and Umass lose, we have a four-way for tenth and we actually win that based on our record of 3 and 1 against our other tied competitors.

Love this time of year. Even when you are out of the running, you are not out of the running. And I ain't even hammered yet.

A-10 should pay you for these previews and put on website.

Dayton is in big trouble at home, an out of shape big man for RI that has scored 19 points all season has 11. 57 to 42 with 7:48 to go.

Duqesne is down ten at home to Richmond at half. The Bonnies, down 12 in the first half, come back to beat Umass. If Duquesne loses, they drop to five and eleven with Umass. We are a half game up in tenth until tomorrow should that be the case. If we lose as expected, all three of us are tied for tenth and the tiebreaker goes to Umass who beat Duquesne with us losing in all cases to Duquesne. We are then 12th.

We can lose out and finish last. La Salle would have to win out and beat us and Umass to get to five wins. Mason would have to win one more, and they close with Richmond who they beat on the road already. We lose in that three way with a composite 1 and 2 record, same as Mason, but Mason beat VCU, a higher finisher in the league. Rock bottom.

Can we follow up back-to-back titles with back-to-back last place finishes? Who says there is no drama or rooting interest left in this season??? This is exactly what the #firejimcrews movement should be rooting for.

Sad. PIG --- here we come.

Other A10 bottom feeders are winning games.

SLU's home game vs. Dayton should have been a win, as should have the road game at St. Bona.

I believe this is the weakest year since we joined the A10. Strongest was when the A10 got Butler & VCU and still had X & Temple.

Duqesne is down ten at home to Richmond at half. The Bonnies, down 12 in the first half, come back to beat Umass. If Duquesne loses, they drop to five and eleven with Umass. We are a half game up in tenth until tomorrow should that be the case. If we lose as expected, all three of us are tied for tenth and the tiebreaker goes to Umass who beat Duquesne with us losing in all cases to Duquesne. We are then 12th.

We can lose out and finish last. La Salle would have to win out and beat us and Umass to get to five wins. Mason would have to win one more, and they close with Richmond who they beat on the road already. We lose in that three way with a composite 1 and 2 record, same as Mason, but Mason beat VCU, a higher finisher in the league. Rock bottom.

Can we follow up back-to-back titles with back-to-back last place finishes? Who says there is no drama or rooting interest left in this season??? This is exactly what the #firejimcrews movement should be rooting for.

It would be great if it gave us first pick in the draft!

Sad. PIG --- here we come.