Transfers?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if we win Wednesday with a good defensive effort, followed up by two wins in Brooklyn? This entire toon will change. Let's let it play out.

I still think we're going to win some games in Brooklyn. Don't know why but I just have a feeling

When isn't the board ridiculous?

Fans should be able to say what they want (within reason). If players have a problem with any criticism or speculation, they can give us reason not to criticize or speculate or they can stop worrying about what fans think and worry about their own game and winning.

I get your point. That said, if you saw a fat women walking down the street, you wouldn't walk up to her and say, "you're fat!" You have the right to. Your speech is protected. But, even though you don't know her, you wouldn't do it (at least I hope you wouldn't). However, for some reason, on the internet, people feel free to say anything, anytime. That is bad enough, but these kids people are ripping are OUR TEAM. They are going to be our fellow alumni. And, they are still kids. Heck, most of them this year are still teenagers. Teenagers! I guess when you have teenagers (and/or have raised them) and you realize how vulnerable even the toughest 6'2" 215 lb kid is, you just feel differently.

Reasonable criticism of play is fine. Obvious joking around fine. But a lot of the comments here are just downright mean and insensitive. I am really not criticizing any particular poster, just trying to interject with a little perspective. I'm sure in frustration we have all posted things we know we shouldn't have, but the incessant and sometimes vicious comments several days after a bad loss just seem over the line. Just my opinion and trying to think about the impact on the kids (and at least some of them DEFINITELY read this board).

What if we win Wednesday with a good defensive effort, followed up by two wins in Brooklyn? This entire toon will change. Let's let it play out.

+1

I get your point. That said, if you saw a fat women walking down the street, you wouldn't walk up to her and say, "you're fat!" You have the right to. Your speech is protected. But, even though you don't know her, you wouldn't do it (at least I hope you wouldn't). However, for some reason, on the internet, people feel free to say anything, anytime. That is bad enough, but these kids people are ripping are OUR TEAM. They are going to be our fellow alumni. And, they are still kids. Heck, most of them this year are still teenagers. Teenagers! I guess when you have teenagers (and/or have raised them) and you realize how vulnerable even the toughest 6'2" 215 lb kid is, you just feel differently.

Reasonable criticism of play is fine. Obvious joking around fine. But a lot of the comments here are just downright mean and insensitive. I am really not criticizing any particular poster, just trying to interject with a little perspective. I'm sure in frustration we have all posted things we know we shouldn't have, but the incessant and sometimes vicious comments several days after a bad loss just seem over the line. Just my opinion and trying to think about the impact on the kids (and at least some of them DEFINITELY read this board).

-I agree and try not to cross that line but I guess that line is in a different spot for each poster

LOL I have talked about the need for a kid or two to not be back but that is from the coach's doing - I have no idea who or if any would leave on their own accord. The freshmen got plenty of playing time this year so if any choose to leave my guess is they will be sorely disappointed where they end up. No matter where you go you will be expected to play defense and improve throughout the year. I have said before that I was not a crazy about hiring JC but that train left along time ago so now we are hooked to him at least for next year so lets hope for the best. I will remind the board of what our president said to my son in SD - he likes JC and understands the need to rebuild but every year can not be a rebuilding year. Next year, JC will have to show marked improvement or else the heat will be turned up on the president to do something else.

Pure speculation but in alpha order:

Agbeko - 5% - I think he's old for a sophomore already and I just don't see why he'd leave. Plus if the goal is truly to let Yarbrough play the 3, then Reggie is the only true 4-man on the roster.

Bartley - 15% - Don't see it happening, but I think pretty much all the freshmen could leave.

Crawford - 7% - Don't see this one either. He's been the best of the sophomores to date, but who knows if we recruit Williams, his playing time might dwindle even more despite being the only current Billiken nationally ranked in offensive efficiency.

Gillmann - 2% - Just don't see it.

Glaze - 95% - Just don't see how he comes back with whatever has happened.

Jolly - 40% - Think he's most likely of the frosh with Neufeld and Welmer coming in.

Lancona - 100% - Is he still on the team?

Manning - Might attend his graduation just to make sure he's gone.

McBroom - 65% - If he graduates this spring, I have to think he's gone. Why would he want to spend his senior year playing 2 MPG on a non tourney team?

Reynolds - 10% - Used to think his chances were way higher but his recent quotes and play make me think differently.

Roby - 5% - Seems to enjoy SLU the most of the frosh.

Yacoubou - 10% - Could graduate early, but he's terrible and our staff continues to let him shoot 8 shots a game. Won't be the case elsewhere.

Yarbrough - 25% - I think he likes being the focal point here, but who knows what's going on with him and Jimmy.

Again all speculation. And who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Since many hate my speculation and negativity or think it's not appropriate, let me revise the post above.

Agbeko - 5% - I think he's old for a sophomore already and I just don't see why he'd leave. Plus if the goal is truly to let Yarbrough play the 3, then Reggie is the only true 4-man on the roster. 0%. Dude is coming into his game now. Will be that double-double machine next year IF he decides to return and not enter the NBA Draft which seems likely, but some posters on here who knew him from his days in Ghana think he will return.
Bartley - 15% - Don't see it happening, but I think pretty much all the freshmen could leave.0%. Marcus Bartley aka Sharkus will stick around for all 4 years due to his uncanny ability to drain 3 after 3. He'll be a 2 time Cousy Award winner and he'll lead the nation in assists as a senior.
Crawford - 7% - Don't see this one either. He's been the best of the sophomores to date, but who knows if we recruit Williams, his playing time might dwindle even more despite being the only current Billiken nationally ranked in offensive efficiency. 0%. He will lead the team in scoring the next 2 years. He'll be a combo of Lisch and Highmark making him the most popular player in Billken history especially amongst the old-timers. Because he is white and from Indiana, he will be named "coach in waiting" but will only get the job after Jim Crews dies at the ripe old age of 94 after leading SLU to 12 Final Fours.
Gillmann - 2% - Just don't see it. 0%. Some say he will be the next Rob Loe but that's not possible because he's from South County and Loe was from New Zealand. Despite that, he will surpass Loe in all statistical categories and they will soon be making DirecTV commercials about the real Austin Gillmann and "peaked in grade school Austin Gillmann"
Glaze - 95% - Just don't see how he comes back with whatever has happened. 0%. He will walk-on at a 5th year senior and will be the first recipient of the "Campus Protesters in honor of hsmith19 and MB73 Scholarship". He will also become the first Billiken in history to record a quadruple double.
Jolly - 40% - Think he's most likely of the frosh with Neufeld and Welmer coming in. 0%. Known as "Dirk" around the nation, his fade-away will be known as the most unstoppable play in college basketball. He will become the next Conklin and will eventually join SLU as a coach who does nothing except teach screens.
Lancona - 100% - Is he still on the team? 0%. It will come out at the end of the year that Lancona was required to play poorly this year in order to get the other frosh more playing time. He will be Ellis without the blue hair and instead of Ellis' 0-16 game, he will go 16-16 and grow his female fanbase even further.
Manning - Might attend his graduation just to make sure he's gone. He will indeed graduate, but will join the staff as graduate assistant and personally develop Welmer and Neufeld into NBA players. This is what Majerus meant by NBA potential.
McBroom - 65% - If he graduates this spring, I have to think he's gone. Why would he want to spend his senior year playing 2 MPG on a non tourney team? 0%. Another player taking one for the team and letting the frosh develop. Known as the "Selfless Selfie", he will lead the NCAA in assists next year and will also set the school record for made 3's.
Reynolds - 10% - Used to think his chances were way higher but his recent quotes and play make me think differently. 0%. After Chaifetz bolts for the NBA, Reynolds' dad and Obama will team up to grow SLU's fanbase. Before January of next year, we will have JayZ, Kanye, and Dale Earnhardt Jr all sitting courtside. JayZ and Stamos will then team up for a song with Jesse and the Rippers.
Roby - 5% - Seems to enjoy SLU the most of the frosh. 0%. We will start to see the Roby that was t'd up in high school for throwing an oop off the backboard and the hanging on the rim. He will be the best defender in the NCAA and will open a Memphis pipeline for SLU.
Yacoubou - 10% - Could graduate early, but he's terrible and our staff continues to let him shoot 8 shots a game. Won't be the case elsewhere. 0%. After missing 21 straight shots on the road, he will make his next 121 becoming the all-time leader in shooting percentage in the NCAA. He will become Jett with a jump shot and break the hearts of A10 fans all season.
Yarbrough - 25% - I think he likes being the focal point here, but who knows what's going on with him and Jimmy. 0%. The 3 time National Player of the Year will break down at each press conference thanking Jim Crews for the impact he had on his life. He will join as an assistant coach specializing in end-to-end rushes and will team up with Crews to start a charity to support kids who get yanked out of games.

If my name is added to the MB73 scholarship, then not only will I cut my financial contributions and boycott the University, but I will commit sokushinbutsu and turn myself into a literal monument to everything that is wrong with our society and culture. Then I will engage Doug in a sexualized statue-freestyle battle on Compton in front of many, many granddaughters.