Channel 4 10PM Game Recap

Made it home from the game last night in time to catch the 10PM news on channel 4. While I give them credit for reporting on the game and showing highlights, I was surprised to learn that the key play in overtime was made by Reggie Egg-poo. That's right, the sportscaster said Egg-poo. I watched it several times and even had the wife confirm to ensure that it wasn't just my old ears going bad. Having heard correctly, we either have a new player or channel 4 needs to cease liaising with Gus Phillips regarding pronunciation of player names.

P.S. If anyone has a way to get video of last night's Channel 4 sports report, please post for all to enjoy.

That seems par for the course. Also it must be really strange to have a guy on your team whose last name begins in "Y." It is then furthure complicated by having two of them. I can't tell you how many times Yacoubou scores/rebounds/fouls/shoot from on the bench but I'm pretty sure it's the same amount as Yarbrough does. Add Alaa Abdelnaby to the confusion list too.

Too bad Onawasur is elsewhere as are some of our other all-name guys/recruits.

I like Doug Vaughn on the radio. However, he has voiced his opinion many times that he thinks that SLU should be in the Missouri Valley. Whenver anyone spouts that opinion, it's like a litmus test for me that shows they don't really follow the Billikens all that much.

Vaughn's radio schtick has ruined it for me but he wouldn't have made that mistake.

He's noted as the best stl sports anchor. When he was just a weekend fill in he was winning emmys. He runs circles professionally around the likes of Kilcoyne, Knott, Cusamano, Savard et al.