Can we get a new beat writer?

I like Timmermann but I definitely have my complaints. Pretty bad error today considering all it takes is looking at the school website and you can figure it out. It says on there that he'll have 2 years of eligibility left. Also wish we could get more articles on the players (like the one on Rob and his family last week). Also wish that his "game review" articles didn't consist of so much of the "Life on the Road" thing. It's somewhat interesting but not when it's almost longer than the actual review. Also wish he'd talk a lot more about recruiting. The recruiting talk for SLU is pretty weak. Finally I'd love for him or someone to get in the head of the coaches every once in a while. There are some good theories why Crawford didn't play down the stretch but I'd love to hear something from Crews or a coach even if it's just lip service. I'd like to find out why the freshmen didn't play that much early in the season against the weak teams that we were beating by 20+. Stuff like that.

I give credit to Timmermann for giving us consistent coverage and I think he does a good job. But there are a lot of things I'd like to see different too. I won't be too picky though considering the coverage from the rest of the PD for the majority of the season.

I will take anything we can get from a press perspective, but I never got the feeling that Timmermann liked (or likes) covering the Bills. His reports are about as exciting as the back of a shampoo bottle. Even when interviewed about the team, he seems aloof and kind of like he drew the short straw over at the PD sports department.

Calls Ash Yacoubou a sophomore & the article is talking about "major changes" coming but only mentions one recruit....huh?

Actually there was a pix of Marcus Bartley with the article so be fair 2 were highlighted - I actually thought the article on whole was OK. He just is not very well informed but that has been his M.O . for a long time

I will take anything we can get from a press perspective, but I never got the feeling that Timmermann liked (or likes) covering the Bills. His reports are about as exciting as the back of a shampoo bottle. Even when interviewed about the team, he seems aloof and kind of like he drew the short straw over at the PD sports department.

If you've ever met the guy you'd know that's not true. I agree that we could definitely use some more coverage, especially on the recruiting trail but he certainly enjoys covering the team and I think he does a great job for the most part. I think the biggest shame is that we do not have someone at the PD set aside specifically for SLU. TT seems to cover what he can but he also does a ton of coverage for the cards and for soccer

In general I think he does a fine job. But yeah, not only does the "life on the road" stuff get old fast, but so do his zzzzzz-inducing game recaps. The guy seems to have an unhealthy fascination with +/- and filling his stories up with numbers that could be gleaned from a simple box score. Which is a shame, because on the rare occasions he does write stories with some depth and heart, they're generally very good, like the recent Loe story.

If you've ever met the guy you'd know that's not true. I agree that we could definitely use some more coverage, especially on the recruiting trail but he certainly enjoys covering the team and I think he does a great job for the most part. I think the biggest shame is that we do not have someone at the PD set aside specifically for SLU. TT seems to cover what he can but he also does a ton of coverage for the cards and for soccer

Agree, I had an opportunity about 5 years ago in Athens, GA to meet TT when he covered the Georgia game. It was Rick's 3rd year and we were still anticipating Cody and he was real excited about our prospects. Also, since I had a Billiken Tee on, I think the only one in the arena, he approached me and started talking, which I thought was nice.

His reports are about as exciting as the back of a shampoo bottle.

Xanthan gum is a polysaccharide secreted by the bacterium Xanthomonas campestris, used as a food additive and rheology modifier, commonly used as a food thickening agent (in salad dressings, for example) and a stabilizer (in cosmetic products, for example, to prevent ingredients from separating). It is composed of pentasaccharide repeat units, comprising glucose, mannose, and glucuronic acid in the molar ratio 2.0:2.0:1.0.[4] It is produced by the fermentation of glucose, sucrose, or lactose. After a fermentation period, the polysaccharide is precipitated from a growth medium with isopropyl alcohol, dried, and ground into a fine powder. Later, it is added to a liquid medium to form the gum.

Xanthan Gum is Focking Fascinating! Much more interesting than the description of a trip to Olean.

Having said that, I want more coverage of the players on the team. How'd they get here? How are they doing? Not being adept at twitter and not being a facebook stalker, Timmerman and this board and rampant speculation are all I have......

I really enjoy the 'Life on the Road' segments, but not at the expense of more informative articles. I mean, he could liven up the segment a little...are we to believe he isn't crushing serious poon on these trips? I want to hear about all that strange a$$ and ( .Y. ) and pu$$y he gets...but I guess I'm just anthropological like that.

I take it that some private sites have much more in depth information than does Timmermann at the Post

Instead of posting negative comments about Tom here, why not send him an e-mail with your critiques of his coverage? Perhaps you can get an answer to your questions from him directly?

[email protected]

314-340-8190

He's a really nice guy who is great to talk to. He DOES enjoy covering the Billikens.

Instead of posting negative comments about Tom here, why not send him an e-mail with your critiques of his coverage? Perhaps you can get an answer to your questions from him directly?

[email protected]

314-340-8190

He's a really nice guy who is great to talk to. He DOES enjoy covering the Billikens.

I could not agree more. Tom really does like the Billikens gig and he is a nice guy.

I was too critical of Tom in my earlier comment. I definitely appreciate everything he does for SLU. He definitely seems like he likes the job and his coverage is a lot better than anyone else's. There are things I'd like to see different (I think everyone could always find something that could be improved with the coverage) but in general he does a great job.