my take on Louisville, FWIW

DoctorB

I hope our players that are coming back next year JM, TL, AM, aren't sitting around dissecting all of the calls they thought the refs blew and making similar excuses instead of focusing on getting better.

Complaining about the calls is on the table for both teams after every single game. It is pointless to deride the officiating after a 15 point loss when you go 0-15 from three and one guy you needed more than anything goes 2-14.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't like that rule. It rewards the guy who commits the foul. If the NCAA wants to avoid elbows to the face, they should actually call the reaches and bear hugs some of these pressing teams try and get away with. Rob made a basketball move to better see the court and find a pass and by the letter of the law, it was a foul. It is a bad rule.

Exactly. The refs invited that kind of play by letting the Cards get all over Loe.

Regardless of the discussion so far. We lost, I agree we could have won over Louisville if we had better shooting. That said, our brief comeback in the second half was beautiful, and I think our guys did all they could. Honor to them for a very successful season. All the best to the departing Seniors, they were the heart and soul of this year's team, may they all have successful careers. And by the way the Shockers will not take care of anyone, they lost just like we did. Overall we had a very good year, let's see now what the future has in store for us.

Regardless of the discussion so far. We lost, I agree we could have won over Louisville if we had better shooting. That said, our brief comeback in the second half was beautiful, and I think our guys did all they could. Honor to them for a very successful season. All the best to the departing Seniors, they were the heart and soul of this year's team, may they all have successful careers. And by the way the Shockers will not take care of anyone, they lost just like we did. Overall we had a very good year, let's see now what the future has in store for us.

Watched at the Field House and the place was going absolutely batshit when we took the lead in the 2nd half. Reminded me of the same feeling in Columbus when we were tight with Michigan State down the stretch. Definitely did not hurt as much as the Oregon blow out. Couldn't buy a 3, what can you do. Thanks for the memories, seniors.

Blaming the refs for this game is absolutely ridiculous.I didn't see all of the play involving Hancock and JB...did he shove him before/say something to him? Regardless, we showed a general lack of confidence on offense combined with poor outside shooting. That's what lost us this game. We took the lead in the second half and decided to stop playing after that.

If you watch the replay, Hancock was elbowing/pushing Jake as Hancock came down the lane. Jake got caught reciprocating. Watch the replay a couple times. I didn't see the game live due to travel and had to watch it at midnight via DVR so I watched the replay several times.

If you watch the replay, Hancock was elbowing/pushing Jake as Hancock came down the lane. Jake got caught reciprocating. Watch the replay a couple times. I didn't see the game live due to travel and had to watch it at midnight via DVR so I watched the replay several times.

Hancock pushed off the whole game. Didn't get called for it. BUT that is no excuse for what Jake did. A senior has to know not to do something that stupid, especially in a win or go home game.

I've been taught since I was, what, 5 that the refs never catch the first offense, only the second? Jake got caught getting back. He realized that and took ownership. Not sure why anyone is debating whether it was the correct call

In the UK-WSU game today, at about 3 minutes left, a Kentucky player swung elbows and leveled a WSU player with no call. The elbows may or may not have landed, but if a ref was looking to make that call, he would have. It's a crappy rule, and I'd maintain it gets called less frequently against "elite" teams (or toward the end of a game, when the refs just "let them play").

I've been taught since I was, what, 5 that the refs never catch the first offense, only the second? Jake got caught getting back. He realized that and took ownership. Not sure why anyone is debating whether it was the correct call

No debate. I'm just stating that if you watch the replay you can see what happened. I think people are reading into my comments that I thought it was the wrong call - I never said that.