Screw the "Experts"

If you listen to all the talking heads, SLU might just as well stay home. Most have them losing to NC State or Xavier, but all of them have Louisville advancing to at least the Elite Eight.

I know our Bills have not performed up to our expected standards lately, but I sure hope they use this lack of respect to inspire them to advance in the tournament farther than any other SLU team and get to the Sweet Sixteen.

Every conference opponent that beat SLU this year did it on their second try. SLU's opponents in the NCAA tourney will not have had to play against them before (I know, Xavier played them twice last year so they do have some familiarity). I fully expect a rejuvenated team that should be mostly healthy and ready to exorcise the ghosts of the last couple weeks and play their best ball of the year.

I would love to get to Orlando, but wow, has anyone else seen those airfares? Yikes.

Go Bills!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, why not? Like your enthusiasm. It ain't like V is a bb god. If we get back to our strength, which is D, we can beat anybody. Including Tricky Ricky. We knocked 'em off when they were a no 1 back in 05 we can do it again. But first we got to get by the first game. GO BILLS!

If you listen to all the talking heads, SLU might just as well stay home. Most have them losing to NC State or Xavier, but all of them have Louisville advancing to at least the Elite Eight.

I know our Bills have not performed up to our expected standards lately, but I sure hope they use this lack of respect to inspire them to advance in the tournament farther than any other SLU team and get to the Sweet Sixteen.

Every conference opponent that beat SLU this year did it on their second try. SLU's opponents in the NCAA tourney will not have had to play against them before (I know, Xavier played them twice last year so they do have some familiarity). I fully expect a rejuvenated team that should be mostly healthy and ready to exorcise the ghosts of the last couple weeks and play their best ball of the year.

I would love to get to Orlando, but wow, has anyone else seen those airfares? Yikes.

Go Bills!!

Louisville will be a > 15 point favorite over SLU... give or take.

Louisville presses, is a refined VCU.

With RPI of 18 this morning, the 4 seed is generous, the so called experts' drivel notwithstanding.

Let them all keep talking.

I like the Billikens much better in the role of the underdog.

You can't honestly believe Louisville getting a 4 seed was "generous" do you?

That's probably the most dumb thing you've ever posted on here. No they won't. They'll probably be favored by 7 or 8

Louisville is favored by 15 against Manhattan.

Nope, I am correct. Louisville is on fire. Jelling. They have been pounding the spread.

Have you ever bet real money on a college basketball game? Louisville is ranked # 1 in one of the LV point spread power rating polls.

http://www.statfox.com/cbb/power/

Nope, I am correct. Louisville is on fire. Jelling. They have been pounding the spread.

Have you ever bet real money on a college basketball game? Louisville is ranked # 1 in one of the LV point spread power rating polls.

http://www.statfox.com/cbb/power/

You're missing the point. Louisville is favored by 15 against Manhattan (and yes, I know Manhattan is a decent squad), they will not be favored by more than that against us. I've defended you a lot on here, but get real.

I get that Louisville is on fire. But why aren't they favored by more than that against Manhattan?

And yes, I have bet "real money" on a college basketball game.

I figured you'd respond.

Based upon the RPI- Yes.

And SLU's 5 seed was generous too, given SLU's RPI of 28 after the A10 final. But we'll take it.

But the most generous of all were the gift NCAA bids to 55 NC State and 57 Iowa. But we all know the NCAA says it does not bestow NCAA bids per conference.

Right- and I'll be crossing the Bay Bridge soon. If I see a For Sale sign, I'll let you know.

Seriously, I was very happy that St. Joe's beat VCU today to win the A10 Tournament. We went to the semis Saturday and Kanecevic, St. Joe's point forward, had an awesome game.

Louisville obviously has a good coach and good players, but Louisville has lost games this season and is not invincible.

A 4 seed is about right, should have been a 5 per the RPI.

I also think Virginia (RPI 11 this morning) is grossly overseeded as a 1. It's like the ACC had to have a 1 seed and had to have 6 teams, which appears to be the real reason NC State (RPI 55) is in the field.

I saw a quick blurb of Coach K saying the A10 should not get 6 teams. It did!

I figured you'd respond.

Based upon the RPI- Yes.

And SLU's 5 seed was generous too, given SLU's RPI of 28 after the A10 final. But we'll take it.

But the most generous of all were the gift NCAA bids to 55 NC State and 57 Iowa. But we all know the NCAA says it does not bestow NCAA bids per conference.

Right- and I'll be crossing the Bay Bridge soon. If I see a For Sale sign, I'll let you know.

Seriously, I was very happy that St. Joe's beat VCU today to win the A10 Tournament. We went to the semis Saturday abd Kanecevic, St. Joe's point forward had an awesome game.

So Iowa and nc state get in over SMU, Minnesota, Florida st and St. John's (the top nit seeds) and you allege some sort of big conference bias? Any other black helicopters we should look out for? Seems like those are all big conferences to me (except for maybe SMU).

Louisville deserved so much better than a 4 seed its comical. There are other factors then the rpi. If it was just rpi why even have a committee to make these decisions?

Southern Miss (RPI 32) and especially Toledo (RPI 38, 14-4 in the MAC) were snubbed in favor of BCS also rans 55 NC State and 57 Iowa. When I touch down from this flight I'll be sure to let you know if I see any "black helicopters" hovering over SF Bay. I didn't see any hovering over the Hudson River this afternoon.

I thought Iowa would get in, but am surprised NC State was picked over 53 RPI SMU of the American. That's my only miss this year re the NCAA at large selections.

You're missing the point. Louisville is favored by 15 against ###### Manhattan (and yes, I know Manhattan is a decent squad), they will not be favored by more than that against us. I've defended you a lot on here, but get real.

I get that Louisville is on fire. But why aren't they favored by more than that against Manhattan?

And yes, I have bet "real money" on a college basketball game.

If you look at the power ratings, SLU is only 3 points higher than Manhattan.

First round games, big favorites tend to play closer to the vest than usual, so Vegas keeps the line a little tighter.

AND Louisville (and other big favorites) is aware that they have another game in 2 days against a more formidable opponent, so there will be a "save energy" mentality.

So after Louisville pounds Manhattan by 20+, even though "resting" a bit because they have a second game in 2 days after Manhattan and bettors knowing that

Louisville will not hold back in the second game since there is a week to rest, the line will be 15 or so. Also has to do with how we play against Xavier or NC State... bettors are wondering if we are healthy, etc. But I will still say 15.

Did you have Michigan State -4 today?

Why are all of the "experts" suddenly jumping onto the Michigan St bandwagon? These fools couldn't predict a better bracket than any average joe.

I like Digger Phelps picking Oklahoma St. (#9 seed) to play Mich. St. in the national championship. He is barely credible anymore.

Why are all of the "experts" suddenly jumping onto the Michigan St bandwagon? These fools couldn't predict a better bracket than any average joe.

Michigan State could win the whole thing.

They were preseason and early season # 1 and lost several top caliber players who are now healthy.

They pounded Wisconsin and today Michigan. Manhandled them.

They can play "D", have a huge front line, guards that can drive or shoot, very very talented and deep... and a coach who can get them there.

If you went on "how they have played lately" now that they are healthy, they would be a # 1 or 2 seed.

If you look at the power ratings, SLU is only 3 points higher than Manhattan.

First round games, big favorites tend to play closer to the vest than usual, so Vegas keeps the line a little tighter.

AND Louisville (and other big favorites) is aware that they have another game in 2 days against a more formidable opponent, so there will be a "save energy" mentality.

So after Louisville pounds Manhattan by 20+, even though "resting" a bit because they have a second game in 2 days after Manhattan and bettors knowing that

Louisville will not hold back in the second game since there is a week to rest, the line will be 15 or so. Also has to do with how we play against Xavier or NC State... bettors are wondering if we are healthy, etc. But I will still say 15.

Did you have Michigan State -4 today?

Spew all of the bs you want but there's zero chance they're favored by that much against us. They were 8 point favorites against UConn. Won by 10. Like I said before, they'll be favored by 7 or 8 if we play them.

Re Mich St.: Nope. I was scared by how Michigan looked most of the game against Ohio State. I had Virginia +1 and St. Joe's +4.5. Both gifts from Vegas.

Michigan St. is a great team, though. Getting healthy at the right time. They're definitely one of the favorites to win it all.

All these talking heads don't even know who we play and they are all picking our opposition.

Ridiculous. team full of seniors, I don't care how banged up we are. These guys will gut out one victory at the very least. Jett will score the winning layup from a wheelchair if he has to.