Evans gets some love from BR

Zink

Bleacher Report is pretty much a joke, but Dwayne Evans (and Jim Crews) are getting some much deserved accolades from the Missouri Athletic Club:

Just announced @SaintLouisMBB Coach Jim Crews & Dwayne Evans to receive the Carl O. Bauer Award at the Dec. banquet: http://ow.ly/qt96l

In general, Bleacher Report is a joke, yes. Most of the articles have little analysis and say nothing. 90% of the articles are poorly written opinion pieces from non-experts, but that doesn't mean it's all worthless. I would contend that some of their content is worthwhile as it offers some insight or at least puts relevant info all in one place. Needle in a haystack, if you will.

I do like this particular article, and for the sake of argument it is at least nice that so far 30,000 people have seen Dwayne mentioned with some elite talent. How many of them didn't know about Dwayne before reading this article? And how awesome is it that the only guys ahead of him are 2 of the top 3 NBA prospects in a loaded class (Wiggins and Parker), another lottery pick (Glenn Robinson III) and the best player for Syracuse (CJ Fair)? Behind him you will find Kyle Anderson (#5 recruit in 2012), Sam Dekker (#17, 2012), Alex Poythress (#13, 2012), and Rodney Hood (a starter for Duke), along with a bunch of other players from 'name' programs as well as a few who he clearly did his research on. I'll take it.

This post can also serve as a synopsis for those who didn't want to click the link, I guess.

From the "It Just Goes To Show" Department, #11 Small Forward Dez Wells (Maryland) is now UofMd's starting point guard as regular point guard Seth Allen broke his foot in practice ala Kwamain and Mark Turgeon has declared freshman PG Roddy Peters "still elarning." No offense but I don't see this going well for Maryland right now. n Wells is pretty good but he's a 3 for sure. Plu she led Uofmd in turnovers last year from tahat position. No whe's th emain ballhander? Not good.

Only Glenn Robinson, CJ Fair, Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins ahead of Dwayne. Nice.

I'd know those hands anywhere. I'm looking at this w/my I pad, and all you get are his hands. Nice halal led us the 2nd best mid major behind the zags. Wonder what WSU thinks about that?

Once March happens, the rest of the season seems to get overlooked (see McGary, Mitch - '13/'14 Preseason First Team All-American; 7.5ppg, 5.5rpg last year). Glad it didn't happen here, although I would be fine with someone claiming WSU ahead of us; they were a good team.