Interesting take on Vedad Ibisevic's post-SLU career

This would be ideal. With the way Davies was playing with Jozy pre-car wreck this could of worked and made us very dangerous in the 2014 World Cup.

It is pretty simple. JK likes 4-2-3-1. Sub the unknown with Jones, or another defensive mid- Beckerman, Cameron, etc. I would assume it would be Jones because of Jurgen's love for all thins Bundesliga.

I feel as if there are few question marks for the next few months. We finally have a good cluster of veterans in the midfield and up top. Defense are the only positions that are up in the air. FWIW, as long as Torres is not involved, I'm pretty content.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty simple. JK likes 4-2-3-1. Sub the unknown with Jones, or another defensive mid- Beckerman, Cameron, etc. I would assume it would be Jones because of Jurgen's love for all thins Bundesliga.

I feel as if there are few question marks for the next few months. We finally have a good cluster of veterans in the midfield and up top. Defense are the only positions that are up in the air. FWIW, as long as Torres is not involved, I'm pretty content.

I agree that in all likelihood Jones will be in and we'll play a 4-2-3-1. I was taling about what I would like to see not what would probably happen.

I will add though that we've played with only 1 defensive mid at numerous times in the GC and it gives me hope that it's something JK is working towards.

Seems clear JK won't even consider playing anything but 2 defensive center mids doesn't it?

Bad luck for Holden, I hope it's not too serious.

Mix and Joe Corona looked very good today. Whoever would have thought Eddie Johnson would have developed into a target type forward not just someone you can play the ball out in front of and let run.

Congrats to the USMNT, they had a very nice tourney without at least 4 sure WC starters

If I had the cash I'd start a balance school in every country in Concacaf.

FYI, he was only on the 35-man roster for the US Gold Cup team (and not selected) but Bobby Shou Wood (he is a striker as he is not a complete enough player to play attacking mid for the US yet) looked the best I have seen him yesterday for his club team 1860 Munich. He made a highlight reel control of a pass bounced into the box about 4 ft high and turned/fired an amazing pass to the other striker (it should have been a goal but the other striker was a tad slow to react to the beautiful pass). He played solid otherwise and while not directly involved in the two goals, he was the biggest threat for most of the first half (did a really great job taking passes with his back to goal which I had not seen him do before). If I find a highlight I will post.

It is too bad this is a World Cup year because I think he would be getting a run out with the USMNT if he plays regularly for his club team (they have 4 strikers right now and it is not clear which way it is going to go--plus their coach is not so bright).

Aron Johannson has decided that he'll play for the USMNT and is in the process of filing his one-time switch paperwork with FIFA. Big week for the USMNT. First, the big centerback, now this striker, plus the gold cup title!

I thought mix was immense yesterday. Would love to see him and Bradley partner. Feel horrible for Holden. Holden wasn't sharp, but had a feeling he'd get back to form by next summer. Really hope he didn't suffer yet another big injury.

Aron Johannson has decided that he'll play for the USMNT and is in the process of filing his one-time switch paperwork with FIFA. Big week for the USMNT. First, the big centerback, now this striker, plus the gold cup title!

I thought mix was immense yesterday. Would love to see him and Bradley partner. Feel horrible for Holden. Holden wasn't sharp, but had a feeling he'd get back to form by next summer. Really hope he didn't suffer yet another big injury.

Mix and Bradley partnering in the center, that's a pairing I could get behind ... with the caveat that I want to see Mix in some qualifiers and against better opposition. I thought he had the USA squads best game yesterday

With this guy and the emergence of Eddie J and of course Jozy .... the front line could be strong at the WC.

FYI, he was only on the 35-man roster for the US Gold Cup team (and not selected) but Bobby Shou Wood (he is a striker as he is not a complete enough player to play attacking mid for the US yet) looked the best I have seen him yesterday for his club team 1860 Munich. He made a highlight reel control of a pass bounced into the box about 4 ft high and turned/fired an amazing pass to the other striker (it should have been a goal but the other striker was a tad slow to react to the beautiful pass). He played solid otherwise and while not directly involved in the two goals, he was the biggest threat for most of the first half (did a really great job taking passes with his back to goal which I had not seen him do before). If I find a highlight I will post.

It is too bad this is a World Cup year because I think he would be getting a run out with the USMNT if he plays regularly for his club team (they have 4 strikers right now and it is not clear which way it is going to go--plus their coach is not so bright).

Thanks for the info. I don't know him at all, but I'm going to research him a bit.

Thanks for the info. I don't know him at all, but I'm going to research him a bit.

Bobby Wood has been plagued by injury (the worst coming when he play for the US U19 team) but he has a lot of skills. He is a good dribbler, decent passer and shows increasing ability to find/create space to be a good target. Not sure if he has all the skills (he is not a big guy so he will not be pushing too many people out of his way) but Klinnsmann is definitely aware of him.

Being an 1860 Munich (where Twellman played as well) fan meant that I was able to see Fabian Johnson play years before the US even considered using him (I am glad that you support him at left back as I root for the guy).

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15491&hl=fabian#entry168540

Bobby Wood has been plagued by injury (the worst coming when he play for the US U19 team) but he has a lot of skills. He is a good dribbler, decent passer and shows increasing ability to find/create space to be a good target. Not sure if he has all the skills (he is not a big guy so he will not be pushing too many people out of his way) but Klinnsmann is definitely aware of him.

Being an 1860 Munich (where Twellman played as well) fan meant that I was able to see Fabian Johnson play years before the US even considered using him (I am glad that you support him at left back as I root for the guy).

I like Fabian and if the decision had to be made today, he'd start, but I also like Beasley's ability to attack up the flank and cause some problems.

The real story with the USMNT is the depth we now have. It wasn't that long ago that the difference between starters and subs was huge. Now we could identify 2 sometimes 3 capable players at most positions.

Here's a sad link to a story on the guy Charles Renken that Davidnark talks about before your post

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/soccerusa/id/1315?cc=5901

I'm pumped about Aron--I brought him up earlier in the thread as a forward option. Assuming everything with the switch goes according to plan, I have no doubt he will play up top with Jozy at the World Cup, considering our relative lack of other options.

This news, coupled with the Brooks news, bodes really well for the USMNT.

Edit: We now need to focus all our efforts on Julian Green. We should make a Recruiting-USMNT thread. :rolleyes:

I'm pumped about Aron--I brought him up earlier in the thread as a forward option. Assuming everything with the switch goes according to plan, I have no doubt he will play up top with Jozy at the World Cup, considering our relative lack of other options.

This news, coupled with the Brooks news, bodes really well for the USMNT.

Edit: We now need to focus all our efforts on Julian Green. We should make a Recruiting-USMNT thread. :rolleyes:

Ahead of Dempsey? Or are you thinking we change formations/put Dempsey on the wing?

More on Tim Ream; maybe he's a future left back option?:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10554989.US_star_Tim_Ream_ready_to_learn_new_trade_with_Bolton_Wanderers/

His laser-like, crossfield passes out at Hermann from that position were something to see. People might say he's not fast enough but I don't really ever remember Ream getting beaton the left side.

Bobby Wood has been called up to the U. S. team to possibly play against Vedad Ibisevic (to bring the thread full circle!):

http://inagist.com/all/364227065119117312/

Could not find a U. S. source for this aber auf Deutsch:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/1860-muenchen/klinsmann-holt-bobby-wood-31661426.bild.html

Anyone care to fill me in on the connection to Bobby Wood?

• 2 weeks later...