Our Young Blood

doubt you would ever see this but, if this reggie kid is good as a freshmen would we ever see DE as a SF more?

thats tough to say. No doubt that Dwane's moves facing the basket are underrated and he has pretty good speed/lateral quickness. But he spent so much time last year perfecting his post moves that it would be a waste to not put them to use, even if reggie is a beast. it would be a scary amount of quickness down low though based on reggies tapes

drew actually looking a little more muscular than i thought

http://instagram.com/p/X5jez-wsRE/

sorry i don't know how to embed

Grandy looks like he just wants to kick someone's ass. I love it. By the way, about 3 1/2 years ago, I remember arguing that a guy named Dwayne Evans was going to be very good. People told me I didn't understand his limitations... Now we have SHAFT.

I am thinking now that Grandy is going to surprise us next year. He has the passion and the physicality and you cannot teach either of those things. I'm not saying he is going to replace LeBron on the Heat, but I think he gets after it this summer and surprises a lot of people.

I wonder if McBroom ever thought about how they spelled Saint Louis on the only jersey in the picture, "siuoL tniaS."

I'm getting a brand new jersey that says "oplaV." How cool those look!

doubt you would ever see this but, if this reggie kid is good as a freshmen would we ever see DE as a SF more?

Again, he's already a small forward; the fact that he scores on postups doesn't mean he's not a small forward. Even guards can post up -- Michael Jordan used to do it -- but that doesn't make them power forwards or centers. Now if the question you're really asking is if Dwayne will face up and shoot from 15 feet more often, then I would say that we can probably expect Evans to demonstrate a wll-rounded game his senior season, regardless of how the others develop.

Posted Yesterday, 05:27 PM

thats tough to say. No doubt that Dwane's moves facing the basket are underrated and he has pretty good speed/lateral quickness. But he spent so much time last year perfecting his post moves that it would be a waste to not put them to use, even if reggie is a beast. it would be a scary amount of quickness down low though based on reggies tapes

If he's playing the three, he could still post up, it would just be against a smaller guy. RL plays out around the perimeter anyway. If DE is playing small forward, the other two bigs can clear out and let him take his man one on one. Our offensive discipline is good enough in the motion offense to allow those guys to take their turns one on one.