Possible Option If SLU/Crews Falls Through

What about giving Alex Jensen a shot at the job? He left for the NBDL's Canton Charge, where he's led them to the playoffs for two straight years. There wouldn't be that much of a transition with his prior experience coaching and playing under Majerus. Plus, he would probably bring more energy and a fresh presence than Crews. I have no idea why he left in the first place and he might not be interested in the college game, but it's a name that I would pursue.

Follow up to my previous post. The positives of Jensen would be his exposure to Majerus where would prepare him for the teaching and fundamentals part of the game. He has also been very successful running the Charge, which is an affiliate of the Cavaliers. That tells me that he has good leadership skills and the ability to motivate players, though running a Division I program has more responsibility than a minor league outfit. The negatives would be his relative inexperience with the college game. I don't think he would have a strong network of recruiting contacts in high school, so that would concern me. However, I would think that he would warrant some consideration.

Yeah, I can't find anything real that says he wasn't into recruiting. It was all stuff I read on here, which was probably conjecture. There was actually an article where RM said that Al was in on 3-4 recruits and that is one of the reasons why him leaving was going to hurt SLU. Can't link, I'm on a phone, but it is on the first page if you google search. So that would point toward him being a somewhat capable recruiter, although we can't be sure about his enthusiasm for it.

Jensen never played in the league. He was a pro in Europe for many years.

This is a no go. Can't give a guy a job who bailed on not only us, but his mentor Majerus. I'm not gonna begrudge him getting a better job but he doesn't get rewarded for it either.

There is a 1 in a billion chance crews doesn't get the job, we can do better than Jensen.