Recruiting: Learning from Spoon Era

ACE

I'm pretty sure Bickel was at SLU for my freshman year - 93-94. I think he left after that season.

I don't recall Eric Bickel's playing on an NCAA Tournament team. His first year was 1991-92, and he played just two years before transferring to UMSL. Unless he redshirted 1992-93, his last year would have been then.

Robinson and Pederson were both forwards that after tip off stopped being centers.

That's the equivalent of saying Izzak Ohannon was our center

All great contributors Heinrich, IV, even skinny Willie were centers in my opinion. RM was being honest calling most of his bigs forwards.

Manning could be a center I sure hope he steps ups and beefs up

I'm not sure what point you're making, but even if Donnie Dobbs was a center, by your definition, then he had to have been the shortest, not the tallest, that Spoonhour played.

That was Craig Upchurch and he was eligible, but the administration wouldn't let him in school. They said he first had to pass a bridge program over the summer. He passed it and they still wouldn't accept him. He was good enough to get us to the next level. That destroyed Grawer's recruiting base. He was a St. Louis kid and ended up at Houston where he graduated with a degree in psychology.

Abby...Thanks for the info. I had forgotten that he got in and still turned down by the admin.

I don't recall Eric Bickel's playing on an NCAA Tournament team. His first year was 1991-92, and he played just two years before transferring to UMSL. Unless he redshirted 1992-93, his last year would have been then.

No. Bickel played only one (1) year which was Grawer's last year.

No. Bickel played only one (1) year which was Grawer's last year.

Both Wrong.

Bickel and Brian Smith manned the post for 2 years for the Billikens 91-92, 92-93. Both then left and the Bills went to the NCAAs. Have no idea what happened to Smith but Bickel was a marginal player at UMSL.

Both Wrong.

Bickel and Brian Smith manned the post for 2 years for the Billikens 91-92, 92-93. Both then left and the Bills went to the NCAAs. Have no idea what happened to Smith but Bickel was a marginal player at UMSL.

Thank you for confirming what I'd said. I thought I'd been correct.