Tatum to CBC?

billiCAN

Great. It's all coming together. Let him get in a year there and then we hire him as an assistant. He can bring along one or two of his talented HS seniors next year and then two years after that his son. See, this recruiting thing is really pretty simple. ;)

It has yet to be determined whether Jayson Tatum will seek a transfer to CBC. Chaminade coach Kelvin Lee would understand if Jayson wanted to play for Justin.

I would love for him to stay, but blood is thicker than water, Lee said. I would never stop a kid from playing for his father.

According to MSHSAA bylaw 3.10.4, any student that transfers is ineligible for 365 days unless their case meets an exception stipulated in the bylaws. Tatums case would be Exception 8 Hardship. The bylaw states the Board of Directors may grant eligibility to a transfer student who does not meet the transfer standards when sufficient evidence is provided to show that it was necessary for the student to transfer because of unseen, unavoidable or unusual circumstances provided the transfer was not for athletic reasons.

Great. It's all coming together. Let him get in a year there and then we hire him as an assistant. He can bring along one or two of his talented HS seniors next year and then two years after that his son. See, this recruiting thing is really pretty simple. ;)

+1,000,000

#offseasonkoolaid

I saw an interview with Justin and his Jayson a few weeks ago and came away impressed with Justin. He stated that he wanted to make sure his son developed the skills and fundamentals to be a better player than he was. It seemed as if Justin was smart enough to understand how never really becoming a good ball hander and shooter hurt his career. Just imagine how good Justin would have been if he could have played facing the basket from 15 feet. I think it says alot about Justin that he realizes what his shortcomings were and is smart enough to make sure his son doesn't have the same issues.