tommie

word on the street was that tommie liddell and his family was on campus this weekend to meet with the coaching staff. the word is that he is headed to south kent prep school in conn., then he will be coming back to slu. if jalensdad has any info on this, let us know if this is correct. when it comes to TL, i defer to his knowledge.

bad boyz for life

Not surprising, but still great news to hear. I think Tommie will be here in 2005 since he likes Brad so much and him and Dwayne have become great friends. I think 2005 (and possibly even 2004) will be a great year for Billiken basketball!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

maybe keith pickett can have south kent here for the shootout so tommie can have a welcome home shortly after resigning his loi. that would be a nice touch and imo a nice crowd draw.

Last year, they decided to have the game between two prep schools for I think the first time, and one of them was South Kent. Maybe it can happen again.

Dorell Wright, who committed to DePaul but last I heard he was going to the NBA, played there. Looking through my program from the Shootout, South Kent had Wright, who was an absolutely stud, plus Cheyenne Moore, who committed to Clemson, then a guy going to College of Charleston and one to Siena. They were handled pretty well by Mount Zion, who probably could've made the NCAA Tournament this season, that how good Mount Zion was.

South Kent should be good for Tommie because they aren't a powerhouse like Mount Zion, yet are still very good, so he should get plenty of playing time against great competition, while his PT might have been limited had he gone somewhere that had a few D-1 players coming off the bench.

I was pretty impressed what I read about Hargrave both from the academic and sports side, so if that is Tommie's decision then I say best of luck young man. I will also be happy to see you in a Billiken Uni.