2012 v. 2013.

If there was any question about whether this year's team is better than last year's — because the regular-season record (24-6) was the same — I feel that the fact that this year's team won the conference championship outright and advanced further in the conference tournament seals the deal: This year's team is better than last year's. The 2013 edition will get a higher seed in the NCAA Tournament — highest ever in school history, if I'm not mistaken (certainly in the last 35 years) — and should play more games there. I wouldn't be surprised with more than four Tournament games.

Dwayne Evans is an emerging star, and he has surpassed what Brian Conklin did last year. Now, imagine this year's team had Kwamain Mitchell not been hurt for the first "half" of the season.

If there was any question about whether this year's team is better than last year's — because the regular-season record (24-6) was the same — I feel that the fact that this year's team won the conference championship outright and advanced further in the conference tournament seals the deal: This year's team is better than last year's. The 2013 edition will get a higher seed in the NCAA Tournament — highest ever in school history, if I'm not mistaken (certainly in the last 35 years) — and should play more games there. I wouldn't be surprised with more than four Tournament games.

Dwayne Evans is an emerging star, and he has surpassed what Brian Conklin did last year. Now, imagine this year's team had Kwamain Mitchell not been hurt for the first "half" of the season.

I concur, this team has surpassed last seasons team with better guard play and better defense. These guys even do a little running when the opportunity presents itself.

As far as Dwayne Evans goes...Wow, he is a star that a good part of the country is going to be introduced to in the coming weeks!

I concur, this team has surpassed last seasons team with better guard play and better defense. These guys even do a little running when the opportunity presents itself.

As far as Dwayne Evans goes...Wow, he is a star that a good part of the country is going to be introduced to in the coming weeks!

Yes, the Billikens have improved considerably on offense from '12 to '13 while being at least as stingy on defense (after the rough start, when they were more porous). This year the Bills have had a lot of games scoring in the 70s, and they've also gone on a lot of spurts.

Also, this team stays more even-keel mentally. I feel like last year's team may have dropped the game to dayton after we demolished #9 butler, and/or the game at #15 Butler after we handled VCU at home. But this year, it's just business as usual. It is just a blast to watch.

SLU is 8-2 in road/neutral games at full strength this season(w/Mitchell). This is the best SLU has played away from home in a long time.

Something seemed to just click in the of cold western PA and NY.

Prior to the Duquesne/StB games, I would say last years team was much better. Sure we had a nice blow-out win over UNM. But those games started that 11 game winning streak, beating teams like VCU and Butler to a pulp, I say this years team is better and has the potential to go far.

Something seemed to just click in the of cold western PA and NY.

Prior to the Duquesne/StB games, I would say last years team was much better. Sure we had a nice blow-out win over UNM. But those games started that 11 game winning streak, beating teams like VCU and Butler to a pulp, I say this years team is better and has the potential to go far.

That NM win looks better every day. That's a damn good team that might be celebrating a #2 seed tomorrow night.