GDT: Temple is Doomed

JettFlight5

Having been at the game and now reading this, thanks for helping me relive it. Based on all these comments, i knew exactly where each one was during the run time. We are a funny lot. I posted in jbizz's thread about what I though before reading this, but you all hit it. For the record, no sky is falling comments from me.

We did indeed let one get away here.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the missed layups (DE), free throws and silly TOs the thing that really bothered me was the offense in the first half. All 5 players stood outside the three point line with no movement and then there was one pick and roll that usually resulted in nothing. Crews needed to call a timeout and make them run some sets. It was a horrible display that needed to be fixed that he did nothing about. Also, there is no reason not to fill the lane for free throws, especially under 2 minutes. I miss RickMa

@JMM28 ---- c'mon. You had 70 minutes after my post. Last I checked the only planes/craft flying in a fog like that were ones with red-nosed reindeer as the lead dog. Charters or commercials ---- fog is fog. And we're at it again today here weather-wise. Viz is like 500 feet at ground level.

Taj - I understand a charter flight would still be delayed (not cancelled) but the main problem is making these guys sit in commercial coach. Cody had a tweet regarding being in the middle seat. Really? A 6-7 kid flying in the middle seat on a commercial airliner. And we expect to be a top 25 program?

Taj - I understand a charter flight would still be delayed (not cancelled) but the main problem is making these guys sit in commercial coach. Cody had a tweet regarding being in the middle seat. Really? A 6-7 kid flying in the middle seat on a commercial airliner. And we expect to be a top 25 program?

Unless they were flying cattle-car-air (which I just did, and sat middle seat for a 4-hour flight), that was an error on the part of whoever their travel coordinator is. I can't imagine they're not booking commercial weeks in advance.

Unless they were flying cattle-car-air (which I just did, and sat middle seat for a 4-hour flight), that was an error on the part of whoever their travel coordinator is. I can't imagine they're not booking commercial weeks in advance.

They did book weeks in advance but when one flight is cancelled and you have to put 20 or more on the next available flight, some middle seats may have to be used...

They did book weeks in advance but when one flight is cancelled and you have to put 20 or more on the next available flight, some middle seats may have to be used...

wow kshoe, i am amazed at your wealth of knowledge!

-after watching the game a second time either..

a-we are not as good as I think

b-Temple is not as good as they historically are

c-Temple played a poor game

d-we played like crap and are much better than the we played on Saturday

-I hope the answer is d, but we will find out

-I think one of the key games last season was the win at Charlotte, I think this game had the potential to be a key game for this season as it was very win-able, we just didn't play well

-Butler is +2 in that they have won two conf road games, I hope good for us when we sweep them....

Just another benefit of flying commercial! Cancelled flights! Middle seats! Free peanuts! Advance pat down techniques! Long security lines. The benefits are endless really. We should all be very happy that the team is flying commercial all the time.

@jmm28 -- okay, I'll take that. Still, being here, doubt they/anyone got out of Philly that night.

@cowpoke --- a, b and d all are correct. As for c, I'm not sure. I did not see the Temple/Syracuse game live and I do know Wyatt went off for like 33 there, but Temple's supporting cast is pitiful in my opinion. Lee is good, not as good as we made him but good. All others showed me nothing. In year's past, Temple threw Christmas, Tyndale and Allen at you. Then Moore, Fernandez, Eric and Wyatt. They've always had other servicable cogs in the shadows like Mardy Collins, Sergio Olsmos (only his senior year), Ryan Brooks, and Chris Clark but they are extremely light this year. F05 was right on when he said Hollis-Jefferson was somewhat useless based on his output Saturday. Randall has lost all confidence right now, Cummings is nothing. Both DiLeo and O'Brien are grad students occupying space at best. And there is nothign of much value in their current crop of freshmen; Decosey started Saturday and I didn't even notice. I like to think that our defense helped contribute to thei rpoor game as their did to ours. The only guy outside of Wyatt I'd take is Lee.

As for a ---- I agree. Already discussed previously. And b is certainly true. And I have to believe d is true but am trying to reconcile that with a. Road wins will certainly separate the wheat and chaff. Butler is +2. VCU is +1. Charlotte is +1. Of those, Butler's is most impressive having gone to St. Joe's and Dayton. Winning at home would be eight wins but complicated for us with visits by the big guys, especially VCU and Butler. One misstep there and it's 7 wins, two missteps is six wins. That means two more needed on the road just to climb back to .500. Again, I'll assume wins only at Fordham and Duquesne, and we are now back to even. Down one with Temple, making us one game below .500. I'm goin gto say down two with a road game at Butler. It makes the Bonnies, Richmond and Xavier the swing road games in any equation. Sweep and protect th ehome ocurt and it's all changing.

I think there is too little evidence by which to project from. In still don't know who we really are at this point.

Just another benefit of flying commercial! Cancelled flights! Middle seats! Free peanuts! Advance pat down techniques! Long security lines. The benefits are endless really. We should all be very happy that the team is flying commercial all the time.

Do we know this for a fact?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bonwich" data-cid="336134" data-time="1358187858"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JMM28" data-cid="336129"><p> <br />

Just another benefit of flying commercial! Cancelled flights! Middle seats! Free peanuts! Advance pat down techniques! Long security lines. The benefits are endless really. We should all be very happy that the team is flying commercial <em class='bbc'>all the time.</em></p></blockquote>

Do we know this for a fact?</p></blockquote>

I was using it as more figure of speech than fact. I honestly don't know about flights to Bona, URI, etc.