Temple v. Kansas

moytoy12

Good game.

Based on the score it would be easy to say "If Temple plays like this next Saturday we are in big trouble" but they didn't really play that well offensively. They can be extremely good if they put it all together on offense.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AlumniFan" data-cid="334921" data-time="1357515316"><p>

Temple getting hosed by the refs (and I'm a big KU fan).</p></blockquote>

I don't know if I agree with that. Temple was in the bonus really early in the second half. They lost this game because of laziness and poor shot selection down the stretch

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AlumniFan" data-cid="334921" data-time="1357515316"><p>

I don't know if I agree with that. Temple was in the bonus really early in the second half. They lost this game because of laziness and poor shot selection down the stretch

Again, I am a KU fan so I am being pretty objective. I just thought there were at least a few calls in the last 5 minutes that were very questionable and to Temple's detriment. I agree that their poor shooting is what lost the game - they should have won by 10, but they missed just about everything in the last 5 minutes. They also gave KU too many uncontested threes. Either way, great game. We better be ready when we play Temple. If we don't bring our "A" game...

Jeff Withey gets secret service level protection from the zebras, it's :Jimbo Bad Language: ridiculous. KU has now played 12 games at either Allen Fieldhouse or the Sprint Center and he has yet to pick up a 3rd foul. In the first half today there were 2 blatant fouls that were not called 1) the Wyatt pump fake 3 where he got Withey in the air and induced contact (the announcers claimed it was a good no-call because Withey went straight up and down when he clearly was moving out towards the arc) and 2) the below push off that robbed Temple of an offensive rebound

withey.jpg

The second of the 2 fouls that were called on Withey was a very late whistle and probably wouldn't have been called if the basket had gone in. I remember it was the same story against SLU. It's a HUGE advantage for a shot blocking threat like Withey to be given multiple extra fouls each game.

The worst call of the game was a first half steal by Wyatt that was ruled a kicked ball when it never hit anyone's foot.

KU had ridiculous calls against them too, as one player got thrown to the floor on the baseline away from the ball after a defensive rebound (I believe Wyatt chucked/missed a quick 3 on the ensuing possession) and Releford's 5th foul was absurd, but he'd already put the game out of reach by that point.

Again, I am a KU fan so I am being pretty objective. I just thought there were at least a few calls in the last 5 minutes that were very questionable and to Temple's detriment. I agree that their poor shooting is what lost the game - they should have won by 10, but they missed just about everything in the last 5 minutes. They also gave KU too many uncontested threes. Either way, great game. We better be ready when we play Temple. If we don't bring our "A" game...

subjective?

subjective?

No, objective. If I was a Temple fan, then I would be being subjective.

subjective?

No, subjective. If you were a Syracuse fan, you would be objective. You can't have a rooting interest in the game and claim to be objective.

I just thought there were at least a few calls in the last 5 minutes that were very questionable and to Temple's detriment.

That is pretty much the definition of subjective, by the way.

Jeff Withey gets secret service level protection from the zebras, it's :Jimbo Bad Language: ridiculous. KU has now played 12 games at either Allen Fieldhouse or the Sprint Center and he has yet to pick up a 3rd foul. In the first half today there were 2 blatant fouls that were not called 1) the Wyatt pump fake 3 where he got Withey in the air and induced contact (the announcers claimed it was a good no-call because Withey went straight up and down when he clearly was moving out towards the arc) and 2) the below push off that robbed Temple of an offensive rebound

withey.jpg

The second of the 2 fouls that were called on Withey was a very late whistle and probably wouldn't have been called if the basket had gone in. I remember it was the same story against SLU. It's a HUGE advantage for a shot blocking threat like Withey to be given multiple extra fouls each game.

The worst call of the game was a first half steal by Wyatt that was ruled a kicked ball when it never hit anyone's foot.

KU had ridiculous calls against them too, as one player got thrown to the floor on the baseline away from the ball after a defensive rebound (I believe Wyatt chucked/missed a quick 3 on the ensuing possession) and Releford's 5th foul was absurd, but he'd already put the game out of reach by that point.

-if you can;t get away with a two handed push in the back when the ref;s view is unobstructed from 15 feet away when are you going to get away with it??

subjective?

No, subjective. If you were a Syracuse fan, you would be objective. You can't have a rooting interest in the game and claim to be objective.

Yes, I can have a "rooting" interest and be objective. But more important, are you really coming to this board to attack an individual's use of words? Really? How old are you? Moreover, even a halfwit can understand the point of my comment, yet apparently you deem it your job to come here and brandish your bully club as some misguided high school grammar cop. Brilliant.

So, assuming your intellectual capacity is less than a halfwit, my point was simply that I am a KU fan, not a Temple fan hence I was not blinded by my allegiance to Temple in concluding that the officials' calls were detrimental to Temple. Next time, I will be sure and take what could be a simple sentence and instead write paragraphs to ensure that you completely comprehend my point.

Oh, and by the way, I guess, according to you, any time someone has a thought they must be subjective and since humans are incapable of expressing themselves without thinking, all human expression is subjective. Again, brilliant, just brilliant. And we wonder why our country is going down the drain...

subjective?

Yes, I can have a "rooting" interest and be objective. But more important, are you really coming to this board to attack an individual's use of words? Really? How old are you? Moreover, even a halfwit can understand the point of my comment, yet apparently you deem it your job to come here and brandish your bully club as some misguided high school grammar cop. Brilliant.

So, assuming your intellectual capacity is less than a halfwit, my point was simply that I am a KU fan, not a Temple fan hence I was not blinded by my allegiance to Temple in concluding that the officials' calls were detrimental to Temple. Next time, I will be sure and take what could be a simple sentence and instead write paragraphs to ensure that you completely comprehend my point.

Oh, and by the way, I guess, according to you, any time someone has a thought they must be subjective and since humans are incapable of expressing themselves without thinking, all human expression is subjective. Again, brilliant, just brilliant. And we wonder why our country is going down the drain...

So are you an alumnus that is a fan or a fan of all of the alumni? Seriously though, I can tell you think you are smarter than you really are. Common trait among the Ayn Rand crowd. Go hang a tea bag off a tri-corner hat, d-bag.

subjective?

So are you an alumnus that is a fan or a fan of all of the alumni? Seriously though, I can tell you think you are smarter than you really are. Common trait among the Ayn Rand crowd. Go hang a tea bag off a tri-corner hat, d-bag.

Good luck with the real estate career professor. Oh, and by the way, really classy attacking another fan for no material reason and then starting a bunch of political crap completely out of the blue.

subjective?

Good luck with the real estate career professor. Oh, and by the way, really classy attacking another fan for no material reason and then starting a bunch of political crap completely out of the blue.

Take it to a jayhawk message board then. Perhaps you shouldn't have quotes from an atheist amphetamine addict while proclaiming allegiance to another program if you want everyone to be your friend on a message board for a Catholic Jesuit institution. But you're a smart guy, I'm sure that already occurred to you.

So are you going to then attack the guy who started this NON-SLU thread too? And if you don't like NON-SLU stuff posted to this board, why did you read the thread? Oh, I forgot, grammar police, sorry.

By the way, I have two degrees from SLU and have been a season ticket holder for 20 years, but I guess that isn't good enough for you. I promise to never ever post to this board again.

So are you going to then attack the guy who started this NON-SLU thread too? And if you don't like NON-SLU stuff posted to this board, why did you read the thread? Oh, I forgot, grammar police, sorry.

By the way, I have two degrees from SLU and have been a season ticket holder for 20 years, but I guess that isn't good enough for you. I promise to never ever post to this board again.

NOT!!!

NOT!!!

So you've been a season ticket holder since that was a relevant cultural reference?