Temple v. Kansas

moytoy12

Ho hum... typical for Billikens.com. Start out with a legit subject and it turns into a catfight over grammar, bloodlines, etc.

Back on track for a moment, Temple impressed me. They didn't shoot well, but they're quick, can leap over tall buildings, and as usual are well coached. We're gonna have our hands full in Philadelphia. The one weakness I did see from the Owls, besides poor shooting which is an on and off thing anyways, was you can seem to get some good open looks at 3s. Sure would like to see RL and KM break out of their 3 slumps for this game, we're gonna need 'em.

Jeff Withey gets secret service level protection from the zebras, it's :Jimbo Bad Language: ridiculous. KU has now played 12 games at either Allen Fieldhouse or the Sprint Center and he has yet to pick up a 3rd foul. In the first half today there were 2 blatant fouls that were not called 1) the Wyatt pump fake 3 where he got Withey in the air and induced contact (the announcers claimed it was a good no-call because Withey went straight up and down when he clearly was moving out towards the arc) and 2) the below push off that robbed Temple of an offensive rebound

withey.jpg

The second of the 2 fouls that were called on Withey was a very late whistle and probably wouldn't have been called if the basket had gone in. I remember it was the same story against SLU. It's a HUGE advantage for a shot blocking threat like Withey to be given multiple extra fouls each game.

The worst call of the game was a first half steal by Wyatt that was ruled a kicked ball when it never hit anyone's foot.

KU had ridiculous calls against them too, as one player got thrown to the floor on the baseline away from the ball after a defensive rebound (I believe Wyatt chucked/missed a quick 3 on the ensuing possession) and Releford's 5th foul was absurd, but he'd already put the game out of reach by that point.

-if you can;t get away with a two handed push in the back when the ref;s view is unobstructed from 15 feet away when are you going to get away with it??

This is amazing. The ref on the baseline has a clearer view than anyone in the building. That should have been the easiest call of the night for him. How are these guys never held accountable for this kind of stuff?

I've been watching a lot of college basketball lately due to the perfect combination of not working and needing something to do to avoid college football bowls, and I've been noticing how blatantly one-sided officiating is now on behalf of ranked teams playing at home. I think audiences aren't noticing because we've become so complacent with expecting every rebound, every tipped ball, every instance of contact, and every loose ball to go the way of the home favorite. In the meantime, there are obvious blown calls (on replay, in HD) that no one in the arena is contesting and the announcers don't even acknowledge. I know this is nothing new or groundbreaking, but it's getting more and more egregious and no one seems interested in doing anything about it. Last night's KU-Temple game was the perfect example.

Jeff Withey gets secret service level protection from the zebras, it's :Jimbo Bad Language: ridiculous. KU has now played 12 games at either Allen Fieldhouse or the Sprint Center and he has yet to pick up a 3rd foul. In the first half today there were 2 blatant fouls that were not called 1) the Wyatt pump fake 3 where he got Withey in the air and induced contact (the announcers claimed it was a good no-call because Withey went straight up and down when he clearly was moving out towards the arc) and 2) the below push off that robbed Temple of an offensive rebound

withey.jpg

The second of the 2 fouls that were called on Withey was a very late whistle and probably wouldn't have been called if the basket had gone in. I remember it was the same story against SLU. It's a HUGE advantage for a shot blocking threat like Withey to be given multiple extra fouls each game.

The worst call of the game was a first half steal by Wyatt that was ruled a kicked ball when it never hit anyone's foot.

KU had ridiculous calls against them too, as one player got thrown to the floor on the baseline away from the ball after a defensive rebound (I believe Wyatt chucked/missed a quick 3 on the ensuing possession) and Releford's 5th foul was absurd, but he'd already put the game out of reach by that point.

-if you can;t get away with a two handed push in the back when the ref;s view is unobstructed from 15 feet away when are you going to get away with it??

This is amazing. The ref on the baseline has a clearer view than anyone in the building. That should have been the easiest call of the night for him. How are these guys never held accountable for this kind of stuff?

I've been watching a lot of college basketball lately due to the perfect combination of not working and needing something to do to avoid college football bowls, and I've been noticing how blatantly one-sided officiating is now on behalf of ranked teams playing at home. I think audiences aren't noticing because we've become so complacent with expecting every rebound, every tipped ball, every instance of contact, and every loose ball to go the way of the home favorite. In the meantime, there are obvious blown calls (on replay, in HD) that no one in the arena is contesting and the announcers don't even acknowledge. I know this is nothing new or groundbreaking, but it's getting more and more egregious and no one seems interested in doing anything about it. Last night's KU-Temple game was the perfect example.