Tory Miller 13 PF: St. Louis Recruit Update

Thanks for the recruiting info, I had never seen his name linked to the Billikens. It looks like he is from Lee Summit. The Kansas City area has produced some quality players of late (Brandon Rush, Alec Burks, Marcus Denmon, Dominique Morrison, Rahmon Fletcher, Travis Releford, Willie Reed, and Michael Dixon) and it would certainly be nice to make some inroads there. It would also be nice to add a power forward in the 2013 class. It looks like he has nice size and a solid list of offers (Arkansas, Creighton, Minnesota, Nebraska).

I'm confused .... as usual. The tweet above lists this kid 1) out of New Hampshire, 2) as a power forward, and 3) as the 13th ranked PF at that.

Yet on ESPN, they counter with 1) he's from Missouri, as TheOne notes, 2) he's a center, and 3) he's the 36th rated center at that. Plus, they list him as Class of 2013 which further seems to be at odds with the reason one goes to a prep school -- to get your grades up in what amounts to a fifth year of high school. So he went up there a year early? And more .... on his ESPN lists, not a mention of Saint Louis but offers from Arkansas, Creighton, Minnesota, Mo State, Nebraska and Wichita State with Mizzou and Colorado also on his list.

Just interesting if conflicted.

Anybody know about this dude from SWIC:

The 7-2, 280-pound Mat Piotrowski has also shown improvement since arriving from Boston University last spring. St. Louis University and several Mid-American Conference schools have already shown interest.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/10/31/2379763/swic-loaded-with-d-i-prospects.html#storylink=cpy

Anybody know about this dude from SWIC:

The 7-2, 280-pound Mat Piotrowski has also shown improvement since arriving from Boston University last spring. St. Louis University and several Mid-American Conference schools have already shown interest.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2...l#storylink=cpy

I'd hope he showed improvment, his stats were hard to look at it. I think it said 0.8 rebounds a game.

I'd hope he showed improvment, his stats were hard to look at it. I think it said 0.8 rebounds a game.

According to this it was 0.5 rebounds per game but he only play 2 minutes per game.

http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/piotrowski_mat00.html

At the end of the day, I sure hope our future isn't a bunch of recruits that could only get 16 minutes per game as redshirt freshman at powerhouses like Boston. It's one thing to be looking for diamonds in the rough, but we've got to do better than that or we are looking at a 3 year window of success before completely falling off the cliff.

According to this it was 0.5 rebounds per game but he only play 2 minutes per game.

http://www.goterrier...wski_mat00.html

At the end of the day, I sure hope our future isn't a bunch of recruits that could only get 16 minutes per game as redshirt freshman at powerhouses like Boston. It's one thing to be looking for diamonds in the rough, but we've got to do better than that or we are looking at a 3 year window of success before completely falling off the cliff.

Josh Harrellson spent some time at SWIC after refusing to go to Western Illinois. Turned out alright for him. However, I know what you're saying.

http://www.goterrier...wski_mat00.html

I agree that we should be selective, but it doesn't hurt to have a conversation with a 7-2 player who is in our backyard. With two remaining scholarships, I would be very selective this fall. Identify probably a handful of quality kids that have shown interest and give them offers. I would think this Miller kid would fall into that group. If you don't get a bite on a quality player this fall, then wait until the spring. This 7-2 kid would fall into that category. If he progresses, then maybe offer in the spring. Hopefully we will be coming off another trip to the Dance and the staff will be settled, so we should be an attractive destination.

Josh Harrellson spent some time at SWIC after refusing to go to Western Illinois. Turned out alright for him. However, I know what you're saying.

True, but JH didn't spend two years at Western Illinois and play a total of 16 minutes before going to SWIC.

I've got no problem with kids from SWIC or talking to 7'2 kids. I do have a problem signing kids that weren't good enough for Boston U and just hoping that they will get better under our watch. I hope this isn't where this program is heading.

True, but JH didn't spend two years at Western Illinois and play a total of 16 minutes before going to SWIC.

I've got no problem with kids from SWIC or talking to 7'2 kids. I do have a problem signing kids that weren't good enough for Boston U and just hoping that they will get better under our watch. I hope this isn't where this program is heading.

So am I the only one missing Bryce Husak?