Any fanfest reports?

SluSignGuy

I don't know about that. I agree that CE and RL are our two best bigs but they play the same style (face the basket, shoot threes, etc.). Corey and Manning are both back to the basket guys. During all of the drills and the scrimmage yesterday Cody and Rob were on opposite teams. I tend to think that most of the time spent will have one of the Oceano guys with one of the traditional bigs. Maybe down the stretch of a game we'll go with our best 5 and they can both play together.

I feel pretty sure that the reason that they were on different teams is because they are now by far our best two bigs--meaning guys at 6'8 or taller-- and they were split up to try to balance the teams. Both had great summers and are much better in terms of their interior games and toughness. They played against big time players in practice all summer and they look much more confident. Rob will play a lot more in the low post and will take his man off the dribble. Cody will do the same and both will still exchange in inside outside situations. With Evans they are a very versatile three man inside crew. I am sure Manning and Remeken will get pt but make no mistake, these three guys will be the key to our inside game, particularly on offense.

I really enjoyed the fan fest. It was a very small glimpse into our team, but just what I needed as we patiently wait for the season to start.

As was stated it was a lot of half court sets and I second that they seemed rustier than last year at this point, at least from a shooting standpoint.

Just a couple of notes on some of the guys:

MM - really looked smooth and unbelievably quick to me. We sometimes forget what we have with MM and I like what was written about him in that Blue Ribbon preview.

CE - looks like he is in the best shape I have seen him in - he appears leaner than I have ever seen him

KC - looks really quick, had one really nice move with a made outside shot

RL - looked really engaged and appears to be in better, leaner shape as well - he was more vocal as a leader as well

DE - looked like he put on size as well, only saw him walking around

JM - I think "active" is the best word for him - he really seemed to be active in the limited play - a lot of times a young big man will kind of just go through the motions, but he seemed to mix it up every chance he got

In regards to personal interaction, I was one of the last to stay and talked to most of the players. I know I am stating things we know, but I cannot say enough about what a nice group of guys we have. They were all personable and very genuine. CE was actually going up to kids and engaging them. I got a number of pictures with my two little girls and the players.

Spoke to KM and he is really excited to get things going and said he personally likes the attention this team is getting and takes it as a challenge. He said he loves the pressure and thinks the team will respond well. KM could not have been nicer and happy to be there. I asked him about other A-10 teams and he fears none of them as he thinks the Bills are THE team in the A-10.

RL and CE were both very happy to speak and answer any question you had for them. They were engaging with my girls and posed for pictures. CR is and has been one of my favorite players personally. He is just a really nice young man. He was making faces at my 3 year old daughter trying to get her to laugh.

Had conversations with both JJ, MM and Coach Crews as well.

Lastly, my girls were enamored with the women's team and they couldn't be more accommodating. Every one of them was so personable and gave lots of hugs to my girls. I spoke to Coach Stone for a while as well. I think we'll see some very positive things from her.

We are really blessed as a school to have such great student athletes representing our University.

I was also really impressed by Coach Stone. I have no idea what the roster is made of but Coach seems like a really neat high energy person that can win some games. It seems like May has made lots of good hires and has had many opportunities to at the HC position at SLU.

I usually go to the "Pink" game for breast cancer awareness and will try to make it to a few games this year to support Coach Stone and the team.

I was also really impressed by Coach Stone. I have no idea what the roster is made of but Coach seems like a really neat high energy person that can win some games. It seems like May has made lots of good hires and has had many opportunities to at the HC position at SLU.

I usually go to the "Pink" game for breast cancer awareness and will try to make it to a few games this year to support Coach Stone and the team.

As an aside, this should be pointed out. Chris May has turned out to be a hell of an AD.

As an aside, this should be pointed out. Chris May has turned out to be a hell of an AD.

I agree. He has made some very good hires, a least one good fire, and is a friendly guy who listens to people. I think he has done a good job and hope he is happy here.