NBC Sports Preseason Rank 22

BillyKen

Actually think this guy did a credible job even w/ leaving out any mention of Manning or GG. Still, I think a lot of these guys get their info from other blogs, sites, magazines et al, rather than interviews or calling the local media types who cover these teams. I'll take 22, 9, 23, etc as it puts us on the map as being a relevant program. And as a side note, I wouldn't want to be in J. Crew(s) shoes. He's kind of damned if he does (RM's experienced players) and damned if he doesn't. Especially so if he doesn't.

72 - you are correct but like someone said when they were hired as the coach of the football Cardinals years ago, there are only 32 of these jobs so even a bad situation is a good one to be in. There are only 25 preseason top 25 teams so even Crew's situation is a good one to be in.

True enough, Cheese, but given the high expectations for this team the fans, media, et al will point the finger directly at JC if it fails to meet them. That's a lot of pressure for a guy who supposedly wanted to retire until RM lured him back. I'll say this, I wished Harriman were still here. Not necessarily to be the interim HC, but he seemed to be a guy the team really liked and admired. I think his presence would have eased the loss of RM. Does anyone have any idea on what their feelings are about JC?

When sshoe did his poll in another thread, this was what I was expecting. While I like to believe Lindy's, I think the 20's is about all we can expect right now --- with points/votes deducted due to the Majerus absence.

True enough, Cheese, but given the high expectations for this team the fans, media, et al will point the finger directly at JC if it fails to meet them. That's a lot of pressure for a guy who supposedly wanted to retire until RM lured him back. I'll say this, I wished Harriman were still here. Not necessarily to be the interim HC, but he seemed to be a guy the team really liked and admired. I think his presence would have eased the loss of RM. Does anyone have any idea on what their feelings are about JC?

He was viewed as a mentor last year. Players would relate to him in a "chaplain" like fashion.

The loss of Majerus is very, very signficant, even this year, with a top notch squad returning.

His presence, his reputation, his knowledge, HE is the reason each and every player on the team came here. He commanded and received the complete attention and respect of every player. He demanded perfection, obsessed with every detail, left nothing to chance. Execution of his plan was mandatory. Practice the play 1,000 times to get it right.

JC is a good man, but...

We didn't even make it into the top 2 of the A10 on Vitale's list.

Vitale is a cartoon. He hasn't been relevant in years.