"What would you say to Kevin Lisch"

If the rumors of the Kevin Lisch visit this week are true. What would you, the most loyal of Billiken fans, like to say to Kevin to encourage him to come. Let's flood the board with our best-written, properly-punctuated encouragement and hopes for the team. Perhaps someone will read the board and the content will get back to Kevin. You never know. :)

that SLU is on the verge of another run of success than will be better the Claggett/Highmark/Waldman teams that made Billiken basketball the talk of the town. Can you imagine the excitement in this city if we had a three guard line-up consisting of him, Dwayne and Tommie? I think if Kevin is worried that SLU wouldn't bring the national exposure of other programs, I say look no further than our new A-10 mates, St. Joes. No team had more exposure than them this year. If it can happen there it can happen here, but quite frankly we need Kevin Lisch to be a Billiken for the dream to become a reality.

Billiken basketball has been dominated by great guard-play for the past 10 years. From Clagget and Waldman to Hughes, Love, Perry and Bryant. Will the tradition continue with Lisch?

when you are trying to make a serious decision, you will know the right one when you are at peace.....nothing we can say on this board can persuade you better than your own heart and head....good luck.

and as the Knight in Raider of the Lost ark : The Last Crusade said, " Choose Wisely"

If you can't get a volleyball scholarship to Hawaii, or a golf scholarship to Pepperdine, we will have a basketball schollie awaiting you at SLU.

Come play for a point guard coach who won a national championship, and has coached at the Final Four. Make SLU your team, along with Dwayne. We need you.

Also show him a map of Ted Drewes, Amaghetti's, Crown Candy, and other important cultural landmarks...

i dont think the lisch's have the internet hooked up, but i would remind kevin of the high esteem and opportunities that past local players that have stayed home to be billikens have garnered. he (like tommie and duane and luke as well) will be legends after four years of being a billiken. go away and he is insignificant here forever. ask ryan robertson. troy robertson is better thought of in st louis than ryan.

Kevin, it would appear to me that the Billikens are a perfect fit for your college basketball career and I would offer the following reasons:

1. The head coach is a fine man, a fine coach with point guard experience with whom you share a common bond of dedication, hustle and personal commitment.

2. As close as you are to your father and your family, playing for the Billikens just across the river, where family and friends can easily go to every home game, you will enjoy the best of both worlds--you can get away from your home town and yet be so close that you can go home whenever you want a good home cooked meal. Chris Sloan's dad said it best in his recent posts here--Chris is extremely happy that he stayed close to home and played for the Bills.

3. The Billiken team has a nice mix of players that has an opening for you to play significant minutes as soon as you arrive. With Polk you can play point and two guard and maximize your ability while playing on good teams that have real potential.

4. With you at SLU, the Billikens have the potential to be like St. Joseph's and make a big run in the tournament.

5. Nothing could be more fun than to be part of a team that plays in a new building and really becomes a popular attraction for local sports fans who flock to the games to see the local stars. The new building will be a perfect showcase for your talents and the team can be at least as good as the Highmark/Claggett team and even more popular.

6. You will get an excellent education and will be well positioned to be a major contributor to the greater St. Louis/ southern Ill. community once you finish your basketball career. Ther is no better place in the United States to raise a family.

As a father of a son who played college basketball and who really wanted to come back to SLU and play for the Bills after he left town -- but there were no openings-- I can tell you that you can never underestimate how great it would be to play in front of your dad and the family without requiring them to spend hours or a full day in travel just to attend each home game.

We can't wait for yo to announce for our beloved Billikens!!!

The other schools recruiting you are fine institutions. You would not be making a mistake by choosing any one of them. They are where we want to be...and you will play a big part in getting us there. In the end, however, it's your decision. Pick the situation you think is best for you because you're the one who has to live it.

SIU, Lowery isn't missing a beat with the recruiting. I look at Illinois and SIU with their recruiting efforts, and then I read on Tigerboard how the NCAA is exacting their punishment before they announce the penalties, and I shake my head in wonder.

Y'all have had three coaches in three years, and nary a recruit flies from the fold. Pretty Q doesn't have "IT," and other than the paranoid conspiracy fans, more and more Mizzou fans are realizing this. I really enjoy watching your Dogs play, and we all wish you the best over the coming years with your new coach. You have a class act in Carbondale.

Less I stand accused of obssessing about MOO, please note I covered four(4) college programs here. I love SLU and Illinois, and I enjoy seeing good college basketball played anywhere, which meant I didn't watch MOO much this past season. 0)

Kevin will be best served by a coaching staff that will bring out his best attributes, and a scholastic program he will use to his gain. SLU is outstanding in both respects.