Memphis board

booyaa87

That's the problem, we aren't the inferior team. Hell, they aren't even that much more athletic than we are. KM was the best player on the floor. How many points a game would he average playing in a system like Memphis

I judge teams by Kenpom. His site had us pretty even. I thought it would be close all game and we would pull away late. That is pretty much what happened except it was y'all and not us.

I like Memphis also. Nothing like a weekend going to Autozone Park for a Redbird game where you can sit behind home plate for less than $15. then on to Beale Street for some blues and bbq Sat night finishing with another Redbird game Sunday afternoon. Hell the entire weekend isn't much more than 1 Cardinal game with like seats

That's the problem, we aren't the inferior team. Hell, they aren't even that much more athletic than we are. KM was the best player on the floor. How many points a game would he average playing in a system like Memphis

I do not think they were near as athletic as UDub was and we all know what the Bills did to them.

I like Memphis also. Nothing like a weekend going to Autozone Park for a Redbird game where you can sit behind home plate for less than $15. then on to Beale Street for some blues and bbq Sat night finishing with another Redbird game Sunday afternoon. Hell the entire weekend isn't much more than 1 Cardinal game with like seats

You know, if we get a home and home going with them on the weekends, this could be a dangerous Billikens.com roadtrip...we're going to need a lawyer...

I agree - please excuse that poster, he is a bit of loose cannon. Your posts in this thread showed class.

No seriously. These guys came onto billikens dot com and talked all sorts of crap for a solod week. We didn't go there.

Screw them, their team, and their city. You're a ***** cheese.

Go apologize for yourself.

Why didn't we play a zone? I think we got lucky there is no way our inferior talent could have manned up their athletes and won.

tried to register on their board and it wouldn't let me. Said my email was not allowed. ... What the heck, I don't blame them. Who wants to get spanked on the court and on an internet message board all on the same weekend. I guess we'll let them go practice jumping to get ready for next year

I think Memphis fans ignored some key components to this game:\

1) Majerus is far more seasoned and better prepared than 99% of all other coaches anywhere; I don't care if Pastner appeared in swaddling clothes emerging from a manger, he didn't stand a chance. Yes, we tied on a prayer at half but I felt supremely copnfident that Rick would make the needed adjustments.

2) Substance over style. The team that won imposed its will over the other. Barton had a steal and a dunk, we went to timeout, and Barton's screaming emotional crap allover the place. Emotion didn't win out, heady play did and Memphis (even in its glory years) was never a SMART ballclub.

3) Age over youth. Memphis is too young. Black played stupid with three/four fouls. Seniors like Mitchell and Conklin carried the day when adversity struck.

4) History. Even when we were bad, we'd beat Memphis almost half the time. Now, we're good, have a system, and we win again.

Memphis fans will always be over-expectant while playing in the NASCAR conference. There is no real competition there. Records were always over-inflated. I do appreciate the smack talkers that come back and wish them well. This one went gthe way I actually expected.