Predictions for X part 3

bills10

Xavier is calling this "their revenge tour" (on SLU)

They are posting they will "murder us"

They'll be wearing "zip 'em up" shirts today! The front has ZIP EM UP above a picture of a zipper. the back has HOLLOWAY and then his team, his gym, HIS CITY and then the date 12-10-11 and 76-53----That's incident is something to be proud of! <----Sarcasm

Good guys always come out on top! Right?

X has much more to play for; we are in, they are not, and it is relevant that this is the third game, statistics show that in most all sports that third win is unlikely.

But X has been dysfuncitonal despite superior talent, lockerroom problems, their coach is possibly lame duck, key players are leaving after this year.

We have been out smarting every team we play, adjusting to their weaknesses, Conlkin always gets his points then 2 or 3 step up between: MM, DE, KM, JJ, RL, or CE for 12-16. We find the guys who can exploit the opponents D on a particular day against a particular opponent. We have superior coaching + smart disciplined players. So I think we can beat these jerks in a tight game despite the trend.

IMO to get us to the next level, win today, tomorrow and in the NCAA's, I think the key is that CE has to step up & start hitting his shot, 16-18 ppg.

X has much more to play for; we are in, they are not, and it is relevant that this is the third game, statistics show that in most all sports that third win is unlikely.

But X has been dysfuncitonal despite superior talent, lockerroom problems, their coach is possibly lame duck, key players are leaving after this year.

We have been out smarting every team we play, adjusting to their weaknesses, Conlkin always gets his points then 2 or 3 step up between: MM, DE, KM, JJ, RL, or CE for 12-16. We find the guys who can exploit the opponents D on a particular day against a particular opponent. We have superior coaching + smart disciplined players. So I think we can beat these jerks in a tight game despite the trend.

IMO to get us to the next level, win today, tomorrow and in the NCAA's, I think the key is that CE has to step up & start hitting his shot, 16-18 ppg.

I agree. I think the Aussie has a big day today.

After watching Dayton/X I am predicting emotions getting the better of X and them trying to fight us.

so MM will drain those free throws for every time X gets T'd up

After watching Dayton/X I am predicting emotions getting the better of X and them trying to fight us.

Our guys have more class/smarts and discipline than that! PLus our guys aren't going into this game thinking they are a sure win-they know they will have to play hard and smart.

I predict there will be a Mack-Meltdown today!

Our guys have more class/smarts and discipline than that! PLus our guys aren't going into this game thinking they are a sure win-they know they will have to play hard and smart.

I predict there will be a Mack-Meltdown today!

Make it happen, redbirdfan. by the way, you got a lot of screen time last night.

DE missed his double double last night by one point and one rebound. He will be out for blood tonight. Expect a big game from Dwayne as Shrek has to key on Conk.

Make it happen, redbirdfan. by the way, you got a lot of screen time last night.

I didn't see the game last night, I have had about 5 different people tell me that she had a lot of screen time! I just got off the phone with my dad, and he said "Nope, I didn't see her". Mind you, he's 82 and blind in one eye with questionable vision in the other! But someow manages to golf and be the Senior Golf Champ in 2 towns in 2011!

I was going to go to the Field House today, because I am working a fundrasier at SLU tonight-but I am going to go to my parent's house instead, so I can point her out. It's going to be an exciting game!

Do you ever have any support for the crap you say? At least in the NFL, and i'm guessing that's what you are talking about since teams play each other more than 3 times in the NBA, MLB and NHL, your statement is just wrong:

"Since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, there have been 18 times when a team went into a playoff game with a chance to complete a three-game season sweep, according to STATS, Inc. Those teams are 11-7."

Reality.

Bills by 12 today. 71-59

I wouldnt put too much stock in the football comparison given the paucity of the data. But if you take literally the question of how often does one team beat the same team three times in one season, you'd include all the times teams were 1 and 1 and then met in the tournament. In these instances one team's record is 2-1 given credence to the theory. I suppose this happens frequently.

I wouldnt put too much stock in the football comparison given the paucity of the data. But if you take literally the question of how often does one team beat the same team three times in one season, you'd include all the times teams were 1 and 1 and then met in the tournament. In these instances one team's record is 2-1 given credence to the theory. I suppose this happens frequently.

Disagree. We're talking about beating the same team 3 times in a season after winning the first 2. No one talks about beating a team 3 times in a season after a season split of 1-1 because it's not possible.

MB, feel free to support your statements at any time. More likely than not, you're just making sh*t up because you want it to fit what you believe. I'm sure this has something to do with multiple dynamics too.

Disagree. We're talking about beating the same team 3 times in a season after winning the first 2. No one talks about beating a team 3 times in a season after a season split of 1-1 because it's not possible.

MB, feel free to support your statements at any time. More likely than not, you're just making sh*t up because you want it to fit what you believe. I'm sure this has something to do with multiple dynamics too.

Theoretically, since we've faced X twice this year, that means that BOTH sides have the same advantage when it comes to familiarity and preparation. It's always said in sports that "it is difficult to beat a team three times in a row", but I feel like that statement is always uttered when you are facing a good team/rival, so really it should be said that "it is difficult to beat a good team three times in a row", which X is a good team and mathematically, that seems on point.

If we played X 30 times during the season and won 20 of them, which would be very good, it still means we lose every third game.

At the end of the day though, none of this crap matters one bit; it's just the trivial stuff we go over to occupy ourselves until the next game starts.