SL Post Today: Sickening

MB73

The Post's print edition this a.m. has a tall color shot of Mizzou center Steve Moore dunking the ball next to the FRONT sports page story of their game. SLU on the other hand, has a black and white (same pic as in Duff Man's post above) of Dwayne (don't call me Dwight) Evans going to the basket, along with the game story on PAGE 3. Evans picture only about 75% as large as the color Mizzou shot.

Obviously, that commie pinko rag is gonna relegate the Catholic school's coverage to an inside page and lower quality photo to further its commie leftist pinko progressive atheistic liberal radical agenda. I bet those sportswriters have all made secret trips to the Kremlin. I hope new statehouse honoree and pharmaceutical consultant Rushbo will rail about this latest outrage!!

Oh, the humanity!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2) Did you even see the sports page I am referring to? Summary: Mizzou-Mizzou-Mizzou-Mizzou-Mizzou-SLU.

Mizzou's pretty good this year, guy. Maybe you should skim just one of those Mizzou articles to see why they may be relevant to people this year. It's not like Mizzou is languishing at 13-18 and SLU still isn't getting any pub.

Funny how we never heard a peep out of MB on this matter in recent weeks when the Bills made the front page several times.

You're as bad as dipsh!t Gary when the Bills lose.

1) I never see it, ever, I terminated daily delivery 3+ months ago. I just happened on it the other day on a desk.

2) Cheesy: this has been going on for 40+ yrs that I know of...

1) I never see it, ever, I terminated daily delivery 3+ months ago. I just happened on it the other day on a desk.

I was only in my young teens at the time, but the year when Larry Hughes was in town SLU was by far the biggest college hoops story in the paper and in radio. It's a combination of dramatic success/flashy entertainment value. It can happen for SLU.

If you don't read it now and you don't get the paper anymore, why comment it on the one time you did happen to see it? You just happened to glance at it on a day when SLU didn't play and Mizzou had just won a game, and you felt the need to make a huge deal about the fact that Mizzou got more coverage than SLU? It seems to me you are the kind of person who wants to find something to be outraged about, and will find any excuse possible to justify your outrage. In this case, you just come across as the crazy old guy muttering to himself on the street.

I could care less. SLU basketball, in my opinion, has always been for SLU people and not the tired, huddled masses that mu appeals to. I never liked the "your town, your team" crap. Its our team. For instance, its the people that have no connection to SLU that would want to see us in the meth valley conference with mo state and siuc.

So you only "accidentally" see the sports page on days in which we happen to be relegated to the inside of the section? Got it.

Take a look at STLToday......

ALL MIZZOU FRONT AND CENTER. NOTHING ABOUT THE BILLIKENS.

You woulda thunk the Billikens didnt make the tournament looking at their website. Huh, weird.

Have you failed to refresh your cache? The SLU story went up at 5:42 and the Mizzou story went up at 6:00.

Front page of the print edition.

Why would you not put SLU being a #9 seed in rotation with Mizzou?

Does "Lower Costs make it a good time for home remodeling" really more important then SLU making the tournament at a #9 seed?

I see a ton about NCAA basketball, bracketology, Mizzou, etc, but not one mention of SLU...anywhere except if you click on the "SLU" tab. Just saying. Weird..

You really need to check your refresh. SLU is the second story on the sports page and is one of the headlines on the home page under the sports section.

Lol, all the way down the page under sports section with a small line saying SLU gets a #9 seed. Yes, I saw that... took a long time. Now, open the STLToday.com website, the front "page", and tell me where SLU is? You have to dig for it, while the front 'page' is all mizzou and NCAA basketball, but nothing with SLU.

Can't even call SLU being mentioned in one line 10 scrolls down the page the same coverage as Mizzou being on front 'page' rotation, tabs and a big front 'page' line to their seed article.

When I went on it was the second headline on the sports page. Once again, I think some people just look for excuses to be outraged.

I am not talking about the sports page. Does no one pay attention to the most visited page on the site? The first page you get to on STLtoday.com, who do you see a ton of? Who do you see nothing on? But if that is too complicated to understand, then fine, whatever.

You would think with the hottest trends on the site being NCAA basketball and with the PD deciding to put Mizzou ALL OVER their internet front page, they would also include the other STL team, SLU, who also got into the tournament right next to them in the rotation. Just common sense.

Oh, I am sorry though, I should be happy because if I were to click on "SLU" or go down to their "sports section" I could see the article under their Mizzou one. Cool stuff.

I am not talking about the sports page. Does no one pay attention to the most visited page on the site? The first page you get to on STLtoday.com, who do you see a ton of? Who do you see nothing on? But if that is too complicated to understand, then fine, whatever.

Clearly, this is only too complicated for you to understand. There is precisely one MU tourney story on the top of the front page. You see a ton of Mizzou because the Haith story has been there since 12:40 a.m.

If you don't read it now and you don't get the paper anymore, why comment it on the one time you did happen to see it? You just happened to glance at it on a day when SLU didn't play and Mizzou had just won a game, and you felt the need to make a huge deal about the fact that Mizzou got more coverage than SLU? It seems to me you are the kind of person who wants to find something to be outraged about, and will find any excuse possible to justify your outrage. In this case, you just come across as the crazy old guy muttering to himself on the street.

You are amazing, you are quite the analyst, on staff at BJC Department of Psychiatry? Or head of the department?

1) Its been 40+ yrs.. yes a few with Spoon we got SOME ink.

2) As usual, you never answered, did you see the actual edition I am referring to?