CR or JM? Will Ellis still be sixth man in 2013 ?

Boy I would like to see lots of minutes with only two guards but I feel like next year we may see three guards against lots of teams in second semester. CR will no longer be a man of potential and have a chance to show us what he has or lose lots of minutes to JM.

Will GG have impact and will the guards get the ball to him?

Seems to me JJ and GG are the men most likely to come out of a scrum with a made basket.

How good will we be if one of the new kids is getting 20 minutes a game by second semester?

Are Barnett and "the Greek" going to step it up to play or still ride the pine?

Seems this year Barnet played the last minute in lots of halves meaning to me RM trusts the kid to handle the ball and the team at a point when surprise can only be bad.

How can we have a nine man rotation with so many role players?

By virtue of CR's being here the longest he will get the first chance but RM will have a short leash with him. If he does not produce early he will be back on the bench. JM will play some and GG will play some but I have no problem with having a 3 guard approach with JJ being the 3rd guard or even Carter is he is a good as he looks filling in. CE will play as much as he wants - it is up to him to determine if he starts or stays a super sub 6th man.

We don't have a natural 4 next season, so we'll see a lot of four guard-type lineups, with Evans or Ellis as the 4 and Loe, Remekun, or Manning as the 5. I'm not counting on huge minutes from Glaze yet but it would be awesome to see some development from Glaze and Manning from this season to next. I'm curious to see how often we'll see 2 of Manning, Loe, and Remekun at the same time.

We don't have a natural 4 next season, so we'll see a lot of four guard-type lineups, with Evans or Ellis as the 4 and Loe, Remekun, or Manning as the 5. I'm not counting on huge minutes from Glaze yet but it would be awesome to see some development from Glaze and Manning from this season to next. I'm curious to see how often we'll see 2 of Manning, Loe, and Remekun at the same time.

Loe and Manning played at the same time in some of the December games, so I think we could see that combo quite a bit. Remember the original plan when we signed Rob was to have him play a lot at the 4, with Willie a the 5. I wouldn't be surprised if Loe and Remekun are the starters, with Cody being the super sub again. Cody seems to like that role and I like the idea of having some scoring firepower coming off the bench. Even if he continues to come off the bench, Cody will likely get a few more minutes/game. RL will also need to increase his minutes/game.

Why don't we wait to see if everbody comes back and how the frosh fit in

Because message boards are more fun when people discuss things.

Ace, good point about Manning and Loe. I had forgotten we saw them in at the same time this season. I wouldn't mind seeing that for several minutes a game.

I guess at the end of the day, my feeling is that Majerus has been optimistic about the team's shape going into next season and will absolutely be prepared to replace Conklin's minutes. Returning 7 of the 9 guys in our rotation is a good situation to be in, especially if the freshmen are as good as he says. As for transfers, I don't see it happening with the 7 returners in the rotation, so I'm not too worried about it. I don't want anyone to leave and hope the younger guys develop and earn their minutes instead of flying the coop.

I would hope by the end of the year, Manning is capable of giving 10-15 minutes.

Realistically there is only about 45 minutes extra available from the current rotation. That is most likely to be split up between the guards with the rest hopefully going to a much improved CR.

I think Manning and Glaze will show nice progession next year and fight for minutes, especially Manning. I look for Loe to make similar strides as Ellis did this year, he will be in his 3rd year in the system and he is already showing signs of improving his game. Also, I will be shocked if Rick doesnt bring in another big to compete for minutes.

Pistol - I disagree with this. I think Ellis and Loe are both natural 4's in the college game.

Pistol - I disagree with this. I think Ellis and Loe are both natural 4's in the college game.

I don't think either of them is a natural 4. Conklin is more of a natural 4 in my mind, a 6-6 power forward who bangs inside for points and rebounds. Loe looks like a 5 but has that international-style outside game; Ellis might look like a smallish 4 from the eye test but also scores a ton from the perimeter. What it comes down to is that we don't have a conventional 1-to-5 starting lineup next season and will see some interesting combos in the frontcourt.