I went ahead and removed the posts of Baldy McGee

I don't know how thrilled people were with having "Baldy McGee" post, so I just went ahead and removed the posts. If you don't know what I am talking about, don't worry, it was just some of my college friends posting on Billikens.com.

Steve

...getting you to elevate your following of the Colonials above that of the Billikens!

When I first started college in August 1987, I went to Lake Forest north of Chicago, and when the Cardinal lost Game 7 of the World Series to Minnesota, I took all kinds of grief and "abuse." They teepeed my room!!!! And it wasn't like I was talking any kind of trash to them (poor sap Cubs fans!).

I do talk hoops when I feel like I can add anything to the conversation. Unfortunately for all of you guys, that tends to be when Mizzou pops up (which isn't an altogether rare occurence). I have nothing to say about Kevin Lisch, Luke Meyer, Whether or not TL will get his ACT up high enough, how frerick's shoulder is doing...etc.

When discussions of Mizzou basketball come up, I feel confident that I know as much as anyone on this board. That's when I speak up, and I guess that bothers you- well, if that's the case, don't discuss Missouri Basketball so often. I have no problem just reading the threads about TL, KL, LM, IO, TF, or UB. And don't say that "i don't have to post on missouri threads," because that's not your real problem.

there have been plenty of times you have turned non-mi$$ouri threads into mi$$ouri threads. sure someone might make an off the cuff remark about the tiger$ or $nyder in their post, but why not? they cheat and are the neighboring team. makes for an easy target. yet you NEVER let that go and immediately jump in and turn it into a mi$$ouri thread. whether you know more about the real story on $nyder and the band of thieves and crooks is moot. the fact is, it is our house. yet you seem to think otherwise. typical tigerfan.

was the "hated player" thread, and I made an off the cuff remark that i thought it interesting that none of you hated a mizzou player. You guys jumped all over me (which you guys seem to enjoy doing). The fault lays with you if you don't want to discuss Mizzou. I've never started a Mizzou thread, nor do I intend to.

Sure, it's "your" house. I just go along with whatever it is you want to discuss. I thank you for your interest in Mizzou athletics.

in our house, you will find we do indeed "jump all over" anyone that wants to defend mi$$ouri or tell us why mi$$ouri is superior to the billikens. i would think you would have figured that out by know and ceased posting to those traits.

thicks is a very big missouri fan as well. do you ever see him post in the same mindset here that you do?

it just seems to help your case to put words in my mouth all the time. If anything I've said they're equal. What kind of honest debate do you expect here if anyone who doesn't see the world through billiken-roy colored glasses is automatically wrong and morally bankrupt?

And like Kwame, we put up with him and don't kick him out of the show.

Cheesycow really doesn't know that much about basketball as a sport, which really makes attempting talk about nuts and bolts of how the game is played a very short (and one-sided) conversation.

Thicks can go on for hours about thirty or fourty different aspects of basketball, and could give a three page dissertation on the ins and outs explaining Floyd Iron's decision to draft Nick Kerns in the first round of the minors draft. I can't stand stand some of Thicks political tenets, but he is a heck of a great basketball fan, and a joy to watch a game with.

>>I can't stand stand some of Thicks political tenets, but he is a heck of a great basketball fan, and a joy to watch a game with.<<

Does politics have anything to do with basketball? One of the appeals of the sport is as a touch stone for all ranges of the economic or political spectrum to come together and relate (or respectfully debate) on a common interest. I know Sheltiedave, to his credit, posted that he likes Thicks as a basketball fan despite his politics but I did wish to make a general point that politics should really be left at the door to allow us the common ground of our existence as long-suffering, but eternally hopeful, Billiken fans.

.... Everyone join hands and sing it together now 1,2,3 ... "MICHAEL ROWED THE BOAT ASHORE, HALLELUJAH" ...