Catholic Basketball Super-Conference

AMDG

with the big-east blowing up, I think now would be a great time to think about what an all-catholic basketball super-conference. I envision two divisions, one in the east and one in the midwest with the appalachian mountains as a dividing-line:

Midwest

• SLU
  • Xavier
  • Dayton
  • Duquesne
  • Creighton
  • Notre Dame
  • Marquette
  • Depaul
East
  • Fordham
  • La Salle
  • St. Joe's
  • Villanova
  • St. John's
  • Georgetown
  • Seton Hall
  • Providence
I leave out St. Bonaventure from the A-10 because they would be a natural member of the MAAC

:rolleyes: Naw, we should just finally join the Valley, where we should have been all along. :rolleyes:

I would just as soon switch to DIII and play in wash u's conference as become a part of the MVC meth conf

with the big-east blowing up, I think now would be a great time to think about what an all-catholic basketball super-conference. I envision two divisions, one in the east and one in the midwest with the appalachian mountains as a dividing-line:

Midwest

• SLU
  • Xavier
  • Dayton
  • Duquesne
  • Creighton
  • Notre Dame
  • Marquette
  • Depaul
East
  • Fordham
  • La Salle
  • St. Joe's
  • Villanova
  • St. John's
  • Georgetown
  • Seton Hall
  • Providence
I leave out St. Bonaventure from the A-10 because they would be a natural member of the MAAC

Get rid of LaSalle and Fordham, because they suck, and 16 is too many teams. But, I've taken the liberty of e-mailing this post to my people in Vatican City. I hear Pope Benedict is a big NCAA hoops fan, and actually won the Papal NCAA tournament pool 2 yrs ago.

Get rid of LaSalle and Fordham, because they suck, and 16 is too many teams. But, I've taken the liberty of e-mailing this post to my people in Vatican City. I hear Pope Benedict is a big NCAA hoops fan, and actually won the Papal NCAA tournament pool 2 yrs ago.

Yea, we can get a TV contract with EWTN. Sr Angelica can do the play-by-play.

In these days, you aren't going to get an athletic department sustaining TV deal without football. Just ask Kansas and why they weren't asked to move conferences with arguably one of marquee teams in NCAA basketball - nobody pays much for NCAA hoops except for the tournament.

Havelj who said Kansas wasn't asked to join another conference? The deal with the PAC 12 fell apart because USC, Oregon, Cal and Stanford demanded KU be apart of any deal. ACC asked Texas and KU to join but both schools would lose money leaving the ACC. Pitt and Cuse got asked because we turned them down.

The Catholic Conf will happen because no way Nova and GTown want to travel to Boise to play basketball.

Yeah, this is one I've always floated at parties or with my buddies, but never was really serious about it. It would be fun though...

and are any of the Loyolas good enough to include?

Not to worry. Porter will have Loyola-Chicago in the top 25 well before the Catholic League forms up.