P-D Sports Editor showing his true colors?

TheBand

A Tweet from:

ReidLaymance Reid Laymance- St Louis Post Dispatch Sports Editor.

Just behind LMU and UNM? RT @tomtimm: Dayton coach Archie Miller said SLU "may be one of the best teams in the nation."

(he re-tweeted Tom Timmerman's earlier post from Dayton Coach Archie Miller for those of you who are not Twitter regulars and don't follow the format above.)

Eh not worth getting too worked up about I don't think. The P-D sports staff have all taken their cue from Joe Strauss on how to handle twitter. Be snarky at all times, and try to discredit all local teams (sans cardinals). Bernie's the only one on twitter who's actually reasonable.

People can say whatever they want on Twitter. My own feeling is that his position shouldn't stop him from saying what he wants to say.

Which is why I say: F this guy. Screw him and his Big 12 douchebag staff. What kind of name is Reid Laymance, anyway? Hopefully one that got him beat up a lot. Talk ###### when your team has the balls to play the team you're knocking.

A Tweet from:

Just behind LMU and UNM? RT @tomtimm: Dayton coach Archie Miller said SLU "may be one of the best teams in the nation."

(he re-tweeted Tom Timmerman's earlier post from Dayton Coach Archie Miller for those of you who are not Twitter regulars and don't follow the format above.)

A Tweet from:

This year or next we may catch Missouri in the NCAA tournament and they will have to say how it was a fluke we beat them

What a dick. If this guy worked for me, we'd be having a little chat. Paper media is a dying breed and alienating a customer base with jerk off remarks aren't going to sell subscriptions. I'm totally in favor of free speech and saying what you want in any forum, but there are repercussions. He isn't a writer or a "personality", he is the sports editor....a position, at one point in time, that was highly sought after. To me, this just shows how far the PD and a lot of media has fallen (no offense to Mr. Bonwich, of course).

What a dick. If this guy worked for me, we'd be having a little chat. Paper media is a dying breed and alienating a customer base with jerk off remarks aren't going to sell subscriptions. I'm totally in favor of free speech and saying what you want in any forum, but there are repercussions. He isn't a writer or a "personality", he is the sports editor....a position, at one point in time, that was highly sought after. To me, this just shows how far the PD and a lot of media has fallen (no offense to Mr. Bonwich, of course).

None taken, although I believe the "fall" was well before the most recent (recession- and Internet-induced) decline.

Reid shows up on our org chart as Assistant Managing Editor/Sports. We no longer have a managing editor. The editor is Arnie Robbins and the publisher is Kevin Mowbray.

This year or next we may catch Missouri in the NCAA tournament and they will have to say how it was a fluke we beat them

The chances of Mizzou and SLU meeting in the NCAA tourney are very small.

1) We both have to make it and there is an entire thread right now where some believe it to be unlikely SLU gets in

2) We have to have seeds match up to where the game can be played in the first couple rounds. for example, if SLU is an 11 seed, Mizzou would have to be a 3 or 6 seed to meet up. Even then, there is a 75% chance they would be in a different bracket.

3) If what people have said is true about SLU not being able to play in the St. louis regional because we are hosting the event, we can't be in that entire bracket. Mizzou, on the other hand would be a natural fit for the Midwest regional assuming they are a top 4 seed. The NCAA loves nothing more than selling tickets and Mizzou in the Sweet 16 in STL would do just that.

I know some will talk about the early 80s when Louisville and UK met up but that is so freaking long ago. The chances of a match-up are so small...