Lisch article at rivalshoops.com

BLIKNS

Well that isn't really surprising, but is still great news! I would think that would narrow it down to us and Illinois. How far is Champagne from Kevin's hometown? Can anyone post the whole article?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

champaign is a little less than a 3 hour drive from belleville. i can get to st louis u from my house in 15 minutes if i avoid rush hour and dont get stopped by trains in e st louis. kevin lives 2 minutes from my house.

i have never talked to kevin about college in person. it is not my job. it is brad's and i figure all i can do is screw it up, so i stay out of it. it is my understanding from talking to my son and some of kevin's teamates that he will visit at least illinois and notre dame and attend the nike camp and then he might verbally commit. i.e. i would guess end of july early august is the soonest.

because it's premium. All comments are from his coach, Greg Gober. The article is written by Shay Wildeboor of the Kansas Rivals site.

Wildeboor says no definite list of schools yet but he's looking to stay close to home. His coach says KL wants to stay within a 6 hour driving distance.The coach says schools he's heard the most from are Marquette, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Notre Dame, Saint Louis and Butler. (These are listed in the Coaches order in a quote). Illinois is coming in next week to meet with KL but nothing else scheduled. Quote from coach says he could see KL taking all 5 visits. Coach thinks he wants to get a good look at some schools that have an interest in him. From Wildeboor - Lisch has formed an extremely tight relationship with family members and friends, so it is highly unlikey that he will travel a great distance away from home. The opportunity to play in front of thost that have supported him throughout the years could have a big impact when it comes time to select a school.

Missouri? That's the first I've seen them listed when it comes to Lisch. I'm sure they've shown interest, but I can't see them being serious contenders this late in the game. I have no inside sources, but from everything I've read I would say SLU, Illinois, and Notre Dame are the final three he chooses from. SLU is a Catholic school only 20 minutes away from his house and he likes the coach a lot. Illinois is the best basketball program is his home state. Notre Dame is another Catholic school where is dad was a star athlete (when Montana wasn't there). I would say those schools have the best shot, but I could also be wrong since I'm just going off of speculation.

We hail Saint Louis U."

Thanks for the clarification lefty. I would think Quin & co. are too late to get Kevin to start considering them anyway. By the way I love your name! I too am a southpaw.

We hail Saint Louis U."

Any time you want an update off Rivals or Insiders, just post it. Sometimes it will take me a while to get back but , as long as I have access, I'll pass it along. I don't have access to JUCOJUNCTION so I can't get anything on the Chipola players.

lefty said (when summarizing the article): "Illinois is coming in next week to meet with KL but nothing else scheduled."

that sentence alone tells you the writer doesnt know much as kevin has told local press he is visiting saint louis next week with his first official visit.

it would likely be an NCAA violation if you did approach kevin

the NCAA definition of a booster is very loose and talking to lisch would be deemed illegal contact.

it might not be a bad idea for some guidelines to be posted somewhere for those of you who go to HS games and follow SLU recruiting so that you don't shoot brad in the foot in a situation like this.

actually since i have known kevin since he was about 6 years old, and my son played with him in grade school, and we have known the lisch family for years, i think i am exempt from contact because of having a long previous relationship. i checked that with slu last year in case of some sort of incidental contact with kevin in the future. however, the main reason i stay away from him as i said above is that again, it is not my job to recruit kevin. it is brad's and since i am not privy to his grand recruiting scheme, anything i would say or innocently do might actually be messing up his own approach. but you are wrong about my contact with the lisch family. as usual, you dont know what you are talking about.

the slubillikens.com site under the billiken club link has the booster rules posted as well.

aside from not knowing your pre-existing relationship (whatever that is) with the lischs'

i do know what i am talking about.

anyone who has season tickets can be considered a booster

it can be a minor violation for a booster to make improper contact with a recruit - i have had a number of conversations about it with a number of different coaches.

get over your oversensitivity...

i am trying to point out - to you and other board members - that overzealousness in trying to show a recruit some billiken love - may actually be against the rules and be cause for having to drop that recruit as a bills target.

"i am trying to point out - to you and other board members - that overzealousness in trying to show a recruit some billiken love"

And Roy is trying to point out that

1. He lets Brad do the recruiting

2. Pre-existing relationships are exempt from NCAA rules. If you've known a kid since he was six you don't all of a sudden have to stop talking to him.

you did not direct the comment to the board in general but rather directly at me. otherwise, why wait until my post to respond. we have only been discussing this for months and i dont recall anyone on this board ever insinuating they would or want to even contact a potential recruit. also, we have given the link at slubillikens.com numerous times here to demonstrate the exact rule(s) you are telling us about. so again, not sure why the need to all at once "educate" me or anyone else here at billikens.com. but thanks for your concern.

acytually i doubt the validity of the rule. my gosh, if demetrious johnson, also a missouri booster, can pay and furnish lavish trips to missouri's top recruit's father to be a "honorary" coach of his sham all-star game, and nothing happens, i seriously doubt a casual booster as most of us are, would be punished for saying hello to a billiken recruit.

B-Roy, I realize you and cujaysfan may have a history but nothing in his post was ripping on you specifically. His post seemed to be dealing more with NCAA rules. It seems to me the reason he responded to your post is you were the one that actually mentioned having direct contact (or lack thereof) with Kevin.

Personally, I think its a good idea for Steve or someone else to post a link to booster rules on the front page of Billikens.com.

I simply don't see what all the fuss is about.