biggest surprise of the game last night

billiken_roy

was seeing the ancient one, tim higgins refereeing. my gosh, i am pretty sure he fouled out elvin hayes in one of the big hayes vs alcindor games in 1968. he has to be pushing about 114 yrs old.

there is a reason we got out of the fetz so quickly last night. timmy couldnt get up and down the floor fast enough to blow his whistle.

apparently he is signed this year to be included in atlantic ten games. i can only assume the big ten and the big east are pushing him out to pasture.

i can just see us getting him and joe damayo in the same games. maybe it would set a record for the oldest crew ever to officiate a game.

if there is a god, please dont let the above scenario happen.

was seeing the ancient one, tim higgins refereeing. my gosh, i am pretty sure he fouled out elvin hayes in one of the big hayes vs alcindor games in 1968. he has to be pushing about 114 yrs old.

there is a reason we got out of the fetz so quickly last night. timmy couldnt get up and down the floor fast enough to blow his whistle.

apparently he is signed this year to be included in atlantic ten games. i can only assume the big ten and the big east are pushing him out to pasture.

i can just see us getting him and joe damayo in the same games. maybe it would set a record for the oldest crew ever to officiate a game.

I agree - he was hard to watch - he has no business on the court anymore.

It was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. When I got to my car, after about a 10 minute walk from my seat, I looked at the clock and it said 8:49. The game barely lasted 90 minutes. I guess someone had to get home early!

My biggest surprise was that Backhand and the rest of the courtside crew didn't pass out in the middle of the game. After watching them spill their beers all over the playing court, I figured they were at least on their way to an ejection from the game.

My biggest surprise was that Backhand and the rest of the courtside crew didn't pass out in the middle of the game. After watching them spill their beers all over the playing court, I figured they were at least on their way to an ejection from the game.

I was surprised as well

We're they the fans patting Cody on the back when he was trying to inbound the ball?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/jan/26/20040126-120053-5303r/print/ It looks like from this article from 2004, that Higgins is either 64 or 64.

wow, that's a hard 64.

i was bragging to my wife i knew those guys when they gave mitchell the high five on the one breakaway that got blown dead and then the usher with the missouri state shirt came out and yelled at them.

btw, rican boys, i only break out the purple puffy coat for below 10 degree outings. it has to be preserved due to old age. that coat is over 30 years old but i cant quit it.

btw, rican boys, i only break out the purple puffy coat for below 10 degree outings. it has to be preserved due to old age. that coat is over 30 years old but i cant quit it.

Hmmm. Purple (aka lavender) coat. "Why can't I quit you?" Almost sounds like b-roy has been to the Mountain. B)

Hopefully the Rican brothers don't beat you the way George gets beat with his puffy coat.