PD Watercooler Question of the Day

RUBillsFan

QUESTION: Illinois, Missouri and SLU have all began the season undefeated so far. Which teams performance has surprised you most and which of these teams do you feel could be the strongest come March?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/round-two/area-s-big-making-mark-in-college-hoops/article_8217c15c-1ab4-11e1-9401-001a4bcf6878.html

I like how only a few of these guys actually answer the question that is asked. Also, Timmerman predictably talks about SLU with Gregorian talks about Mizzou.

I do not want to get a SLU - Mizzou million post jerk off session started, but I think the poll question attached to the article is an interesting one.

Poll: Which team will have a better record at season's end?

As of this post, Mizzou is leading the poll easily and I think that makes some sense. Mizzou has looked good early and plays a pretty easy non-conference schedule. I think SLU finishes with the better record though because they should win just as many if not more games in the non-conference portion of the schedules and Mizzou is likely to lose more games in the Big-12, than SLU is in the A-10. Both are probably top 3 in their conference, but I think the quality of the A-10 drops off after 3 and in the Big-12 the middle and bottom portions of the conference are probably better. Therefore, Mizzou is likley to drop a few on the road to those middle teams whereas SLU is not.

If you want to get into a Mizzou SLU pissing match they have one going on in Bernies Pressbox.

It started off well enough just asking for more SLU coverage. Then the OP opened the flood gates by saying he thinks SLU is better than Mizzou.

Its to early to tell IMO, but on a mainly pro MIzzou board that is not going to go over well.

Either way its nice to see all the coverage for the Bills in local and national media.

I hope we get to meet Mizzery in the dance and settle it on the floor. If the committee is doing their job, and TV ratings are a consideration, this would be a match made in heaven.

There's nothing to settle, though. I'm far from a Mizzou fan but we can both have good teams. It would be a solid series to resume, it's just not a big deal