Lupe Fiasco Homecoming Concert

Tickets went on sale today and students can pick up their free tickets at the bsc. It's about time SAB booked a solid act!

Awesome. I love his quote "I believe that the biggest terrorist is Obama" he made on O'Reily a few months ago.

Solid choice, SAB!

USA! USA! USA!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-mods, tough to complain about this site, but wouldn't it be better if this metz/henry crap and all political discourse was stopped?

-let's talk about SLU, basketball and post pics of hot chicks

-i realize this site is not a democracy--you guys make the rules--and i do appreciate Steve letting us play in his sandbox

-mods, tough to complain about this site, but wouldn't it be better if this metz/henry crap and all political discourse was stopped?

-i realize this site is not a democracy--you guys make the rules--and i do appreciate Steve letting us play in his sandbox

I'm relatively new here so I've been reluctant to complain about this kind of stuff. But I agree with Cowboy's comments.

Other forums I read or belong to (music, cars, whatever) have a separate sub-forum for non-related comments. Call the it "grease-pit" or the "flame-thrower" or whatever. ANY comment not remotely related to the main purpose of the forum (in this case obviously SLU basketball and other sports) has to go there. It keeps the rest of us from having to read the political crap, the personality battles, the ACT scores and the like. Maybe something similar can be done here?

I really enjoy this forum as a neat way to follow SLU basketball but I can do without some of the other stuff. I too appreciate that we have this place and thank Steve and the mods for providing it.

Oh, and I'm FINE with the pics of hot chicks!

It's not like basketball threads are getting taken over. Look at the title of the thread. If you know it isn't about basketball don't click on it.

I find it entertaining. It's the off-season.

I'm relatively new here so I've been reluctant to complain about this kind of stuff. But I agree with Cowboy's comments.

Other forums I read or belong to (music, cars, whatever) have a separate sub-forum for non-related comments. Call the it "grease-pit" or the "flame-thrower" or whatever. ANY comment not remotely related to the main purpose of the forum (in this case obviously SLU basketball and other sports) has to go there. It keeps the rest of us from having to read the political crap, the personality battles, the ACT scores and the like. Maybe something similar can be done here?

I really enjoy this forum as a neat way to follow SLU basketball but I can do without some of the other stuff. I too appreciate that we have this place and thank Steve and the mods for providing it.

Oh, and I'm FINE with the pics of hot chicks!

I agree with - this stuff is just nonsense. People need to just take this junk and start their own blog so those who want to be a part of it can and those who do not are not forced to deal with it. It seems it is impossible for some on this board to not eventually turn everything in to a personal attack on somebody. When I saw the post initially, it talked about Homecoming - it clearly did not have anything to do with Homecoming per se but quickly turned into a political attack.

Locking the thread. I didn't read it until now. Feel free to use the "Report" feature, and then I get an email about these threads. I don't always take action with the report, but I prefer keeping Billikens.com more on topic.

As for:

This is a decent suggestion that has actually already been tried. It was a disaster. You see how lightly I moderate this board now, I really don't want the responsibility of moderating another forum.