SLU Soccer

moytoy12

I just went to slubillikens.com to check out the schedule. We're scheduled to play in all NCAA games through the NCAA College Cup Final!

They must be expecting big things this year!

I think the basketball schedule should show every game through the Final 4.

I just went to slubillikens.com to check out the schedule. We're scheduled to play in all NCAA games through the NCAA College Cup Final!

They must be expecting big things this year!

I think the basketball schedule should show every game through the Final 4.

Good warmup game to go watch this Sunday versus one of last year's finalists, Louisville. Very curious to see how this team looks and how the play shifts towards McGinty's style. Taking my one-month old to his first SLU soccer game which I hope is the first of many to come.

Courtside, any insight into this years crop or do we all just have to wait and see?

Good warmup game to go watch this Sunday versus one of last year's finalists, Louisville. Very curious to see how this team looks and how the play shifts towards McGinty's style. Taking my one-month old to his first SLU soccer game which I hope is the first of many to come.

Courtside, any insight into this years crop or do we all just have to wait and see?

I'll be there also. Catching the 1st 30 minutes of basketball practice then moving outside for the soccer game. It would help if I could get someone to delay the start of the soccer game about an hour so I can see more of the practice.

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of taking care of a family emergency so I need a bit more time for anything in depth. ...As I'm sure many know, Tim Ream is on tomorrow's roster vs Mexico...as are 3 Mexican American call ups previously marginalized by Bradley...not surprised as that is a Klinsmann-esque move...(Increasing diversity, trying new things, in a practical way). I'll be back for more later.

I'm questionable for the weekend.

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of taking care of a family emergency so I need a bit more time for anything in depth. ...As I'm sure many know, Tim Ream is on tomorrow's roster vs Mexico...as are 3 Mexican American call ups previously marginalized by Bradley...not surprised as that is a Klinsmann-esque move...(Increasing diversity, trying new things, in a practical way). I'll be back for more later.

I'm questionable for the weekend.

Hope everythings ok. Looking forward to the game tonight and the Bills game Sunday.

I don't get excited about soccer games unless SLU is involved, but as a German-American, I've been counting down the days for this game.

On the day the world woke up to the news of "Lopez Tonight" being cancelled (finally), the USA is going to take it to Mexico on the pitch! Go Jürgen!!

Ja, Baby!

Posted Image

Sounds like Ream might not dress tonight. Was really hoping to see how he would fair in JK's system. Should definitely be an interesting game.

Not sure what you read but I'm seeing the opposite:

"U.S. national team defender Clarence Goodson will miss Wednesday's exhibition against Mexico because of a hamstring injury he got Sunday playing for his Danish club.................Without Chandler and Goodson, Carlos Bocanegra likely will play in central defense alongside Tim Ream with Steve Cherundolo playing on the right side. The left back job appears wide open. "

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2011-08-09/us-defender-clarence-goodson-to-miss-mexico-match

Two lefties at CB should be interesting.

"U.S. national team defender Clarence Goodson will miss Wednesday's exhibition against Mexico because of a hamstring injury he got Sunday playing for his Danish club.................Without Chandler and Goodson, Carlos Bocanegra likely will play in central defense alongside Tim Ream with Steve Cherundolo playing on the right side. The left back job appears wide open. "

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2011-08-09/us-defender-clarence-goodson-to-miss-mexico-match

Ives' twitter feed. Ives is hearing rumblings that Ream won't dress. Haven't seen any confirmation, so maybe TR will play.

Ives' twitter feed. Ives is hearing rumblings that Ream won't dress. Haven't seen any confirmation, so maybe TR will play.

The good thing is we have Beasley back with the team. Obviously we're looking for the players with the least touch in US National team history. Seriously though what position is he playing now?

maybe that's Beasley, didn't we both say a few years ago Beasley should have been given a try at left back

Since we are on a soccer note, although not Billiken related, I am in Italy and just saw Italy beat Spain 2-1. While he did not score, Giuseppe Rossi may be the "one who got away" from US soccer. As a fan of Italy and one who grew up playing with Giuseppe, I understand his decision, but the US lost out on that one nonetheless. Look for Giuseppe to return to the US and play for the Red Bull in 12 years.