Anyone going this morning (Sat. 8/6)?

bonwich

I am a touch concerned about the JB reports. Based on what I had heard leading up to practice I projected a likely starting 5 was KM at the 1 (and the man) JB at the 2 (outside bomber) DE at the 3 (inside a lot) CE at the 4 (outside a lot) and BC at the 5 (camped inside). I know we will be deep and play any number of combinations and match ups but I liked this 5 based on early and perhaps overly optimistic reports.

Don't be overly concerned with JB yet. Let's see what he looks like after he gets some games under his belt with our most experienced players. He was warming up with Coach Whitesell yesterday before practice really started. Moving to various spots, shooting 3s, he must have hit close to 80%. A much better touch than KC. CE does not look like a starter at this point.

Been out of town on vacation and have not been able to justseethemplay!! Appreciate all the comments from those that have but can someone write a little more about Manning? Comparisons to prior Bills players? More like a young Baniak, Husak, IV, BT, RL or Heinrich? Heinrich sure improved and increased his muscle/strength over time but was always a bigger presence and was quite awkward his Freshman year. IV was tall but quite soft, clumbsy and just plain his Freshman year. Baniak was more a forward who sometimes played center. Some have said Manning is 7' and others 6'10". Some have said he is bigger - possibly bigger than their prior expectations? Some said he is as skinny as RL was last year but with an inside, instead of outside, game.

Thank you.

I only saw him once, but he is thin, and soft inside. He had a hard time with the basics of post defense. He had some nice dunks but they were open dunks with nobody around him. He's young and gonna be a work in progress this season.

When it comes to JB (or any player), don't take put too much stock into one or two practices.

Amen. People have bad games all the time and shouldn't be judged on just one performance. The same goes for practices.