Coach on KMOX

I think we were much better than our record indicates. We had a lot of close losses and a few big wins. Ask Dayton, Duquesne, Temple or Xavier if we were "awful." We beat the first two without much trouble and played the other two down to the wire on their home courts.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Season was bad. It wasn't awful. I have seen awful Billiken teams and last season doesn't qualify. The 91-92 team didn't win a road game, lost to Montona St., lost to North Carolina A&T, didn't win a conference game, closed out the season with 8 straight losses, and went 1-14 to close out the season. That was an awful team.

So SLU was "awful" last year and in the Quinton Chievous thread you said Tennessee is a "bad BCS team." Keep in mind Tennessee has been to the Dance each of the past 6 years. Do you believe the only teams in the country that can be called "good" are Duke, UNC, Syracuse, UConn, Kentucky, ect?

Actually, under those restrictions, UNC isn't good either because they went to the NIT the year before last. ;) I agree, it is silly to call UT a bad BCS team. You can point out that they have NCAA issues on the way, but this is also a team that in 09-10 beat #1 seed OSU and went to the Elite Eight.

Last Season was bad. It wasn't awful. I have seen awful Billiken teams and last season doesn't qualify. The 91-92 team didn't win a road game, lost to Montona St., lost to North Carolina A&T, didn't win a conference game, closed out the season with 8 straight losses, and went 1-14 to close out the season. That was an awful team.

I forgot to add that the season feature not only players quitting, but one actually quitting during a game.

Is it just me, or is it painfully obvious that this is another poster using an alias?

Who joins the board in May, after a lackluster season, unabashedly wearing their political party of choice on their sleeve from post #1...and also having an decent knowledge of the SLU basketball team's current situation? There are very few out there that would probably meet this demographic.

Who joins the board in May, after a lackluster season, unabashedly wearing their political party of choice on their sleeve from post #1...and also having an decent knowledge of the SLU basketball team's current situation? There are very few out there that would probably meet this demographic.

+1 also ironically after we had a political debate on here just 2 days before.

+1 also ironically after we had a political debate on here just 2 days before.

Let the manhunt begin...

Let the manhunt begin...

I think this case needs to be turned over to ACE...by Monday he will know who this is.

Let the manhunt begin...

A manhunt is slightly unnecessary, Joe. I don't even live in the St. Louis area anymore except to return for weddings and the occasional basketball game. Are you upset because I support Cassity?

Patrick

A manhunt is slightly unnecessary, Joe. I don't even live in the St. Louis area anymore except to return for weddings and the occasional basketball game. Are you upset because I support Cassity?

Patrick

Dear Henry,

I have no issues with your support of Cassity. I'm not going to get into my feelings on your political views...anyways, back to the discussion about coach on KMOX. Thanks.

dreams just give us some perspective of this "awful". i.e. what are the other choice's? mine would be great, good, ok, mediocre, bad, awful, train wreck? basically about 40-70 programs per level. and i would have the billikens low end of mediocre.

then give us an idea how the 350 programs fit in your choices. i mean if you have 6 teams good and the rest awful, then i understand. that would mean you are clueless. but if you got a bigger breakout someway somehow, let's hear it.

Dear Henry,

I have no issues with your support of Cassity. I'm not going to get into my feelings on your political views...anyways, back to the discussion about coach on KMOX. Thanks.

Joe-

Thanks. I will not dive into my thoughts on Seinfeld either.

Patrick

I see Henry as someone's attempt to see how far someone can go being outwardly Democrat with their rhetoric as proof that their is a double standard on this board when it comes to ending political debate. Funny how Henry joined the board, only after an overtly political thread was locked, with an avatar of Obama and quotes from Obama and Clinton in his signature.

dreams just give us some perspective of this "awful". i.e. what are the other choice's? mine would be great, good, ok, mediocre, bad, awful, train wreck? basically about 40-70 programs per level. and i would have the billikens low end of mediocre.

then give us an idea how the 350 programs fit in your choices. i mean if you have 6 teams good and the rest awful, then i understand. that would mean you are clueless. but if you got a bigger breakout someway somehow, let's hear it.

Fine, I'll bite.

Great: National Championship Contenders

Good: NCAA Tournament, preferably winning one game.

Above Avg: NCAA Tournament entry or High Seed in NIT

OK : NIT, rest of the Bubble

Med : Fringe NIT/CBI

Below Average: Fringe CBI/CIT

Awful: Sub .500, no postseason

Deplorable: Awful with no legitimate hope of getting better.

I would like to think the expectations for last season going in were in the Above Average to Good category...turned out that wasn't the case. I think there are a lot of teams between Mediocre and Above Average. Why on earth would you care what I think of last season? I was as consistent with my beliefs as you are with yours. Last season was a trying time for all of us. So I over-reacted about Tennessee getting a recruit from us? Maybe if we get Winters, we'll forget about Chievous. Most people are tired of the best local talent not showing up here...I know for a fact you want more of the local guys.

In 2011-12, I hold out hope to be in the first 3 categories. I know where that got us last year, but it's better than the alternative.

I see Henry as someone's attempt to see how far someone can go being outwardly Democrat with their rhetoric as proof that their is a double standard on this board when it comes to ending political debate. Funny how Henry joined the board, only after an overtly political thread was locked, with an avatar of Obama and quotes from Obama and Clinton in his signature.

in case some of you newer poster's dont know, steve actually worked for the DNC and on Kerry's campaign while in school. i fail to see how he would be open to a "double standard" in favor of the conservative viewpoint. steve has been nothing but fair if anything overly fair on this message board forever. so if that is some sort of a message board mission of henry i dont think henry is going to find the answer he seeks.

Fine, I'll bite.

Great: National Championship Contenders

Good: NCAA Tournament, preferably winning one game.

Above Avg: NCAA Tournament entry or High Seed in NIT

OK : NIT, rest of the Bubble

Med : Fringe NIT/CBI

Below Average: Fringe CBI/CIT

Awful: Sub .500, no postseason

Deplorable: Awful with no legitimate hope of getting better.

I would like to think the expectations for last season going in were in the Above Average to Good category...turned out that wasn't the case. I think there are a lot of teams between Mediocre and Above Average. Why on earth would you care what I think of last season? I was as consistent with my beliefs as you are with yours. Last season was a trying time for all of us. So I over-reacted about Tennessee getting a recruit from us? Maybe if we get Winters, we'll forget about Chievous. Most people are tired of the best local talent not showing up here...I know for a fact you want more of the local guys.

In 2011-12, I hold out hope to be in the first 3 categories. I know where that got us last year, but it's better than the alternative.

ok that means that great, good, above average, ok, mediocre, below average, encompass together less than 100 schools.

deplorable covers about 50 schools

that leaves about 200 schools in awful.

you didnt take statistics in college did you?

ok that means that great, good, above average, ok, mediocre, below average, encompass together less than 100 schools.

deplorable covers about 50 schools

that leaves about 200 schools in awful.

you didnt take statistics in college did you?

No, I didn't. I wasn't a math major by any means.

in case some of you newer poster's dont know, steve actually worked for the DNC and on Kerry's campaign while in school. i fail to see how he would be open to a "double standard" in favor of the conservative viewpoint. steve has been nothing but fair if anything overly fair on this message board forever. so if that is some sort of a message board mission of henry i dont think henry is going to find the answer he seeks.

That is my point, Roy. Henry is another poster's attempt to show that Steve closed that thread based on a 'double standard' because of the slant it had taken. Basically, I am saying that Henry is a conservative trying to show that you can get away with more liberal opinions on this board than conservative.

I also agree that Steve is a very fair person and doesn't show any favoritism one way or another. I just find it very, very odd that Henry showed up after that thread was closed sporting an Obama avatar and quotes from the last two Democratic presidents, and has already used Obama quotes in posts.

That is my point, Roy. Henry is another poster's attempt to show that Steve closed that thread based on a 'double standard' because of the slant it had taken. Basically, I am saying that Henry is a conservative trying to show that you can get away with more liberal opinions on this board than conservative.

I also agree that Steve is a very fair person and doesn't show any favoritism one way or another. I just find it very, very odd that Henry showed up after that thread was closed sporting an Obama avatar and quotes from the last two Democratic presidents, and has already used Obama quotes in posts.

hmmm. i dont think steve ever backed down from a clean debate. he eats, drinks and sleeps politics. steve just realizes that nothing good comes of us fighting about non billiken stuff. hell it gets ugly enough sticking with billiken talk. go back and read the end of the thread. it had started to get personal and ugly imo. steve did the right thing.

Wow, if you or Henry feel that way, you clearly weren't on this board circa 2003-06 when the merits of the Iraq War were being debated. I don't think Henry has done anything wrong to this point, but he should be viewed with skepticism. I'm skeptical of every new poster until they prove they are not a troll. ;) We've had Fox News, Bill O'Reilly and somebody had a Bush avatar in the past, there have been conservative quotes as well, but nobody has made a big deal about it. With the exception of thicks giving banned billiphan way too long of a leash, this board generally has done a good job of smoking out the trolls pretty quickly. They don't get too far. We'll see how it plays out.

Henry is the return of Postie, Billiphan, etc.. He always take these kind of tacks in an argument about a player to try to prove that he is some kind of superior Billiken fan than everyone else, but in fact he is just an ass.