OT: Billikens.com Message Board

Well, business is slow today, the phone is silent, I've purchased next month's business supplies and already finished my 'honey-do' chores. Sadly, not much discussion going on here today except for Cincinatti marathon running. Figured I'd just throw a nice little OT thread up about what I've learned in my time on the message board.

-No thread is truly complete unless somebody is called a ******, douchebag or d-bag.

-If you get truly incensed at someone and want to fight them for real, the only acceptable places to meet and fight are Humps, under the basket, Section 108 or Salina, KS. If you are going to fight, you better bring your paystubs.

-A filtered Jimbofive is an incomplete Jimbofive.

-No player has ever had more varied opinions by posters regarding his ability than Kyle Cassity.

-One common theme on this board that will always unite every member: Red sweater vests suck.

-While billiken_roy definitively has the most individual posts on this board, Taj79 has typed the most characters, hands down.

-The acceptable way to refer to a current player is to only use his initials.

-Topics that need to be discussed on at least a quarterly basis are the MVC vs. A-10, Brad Soderberg, local recruiting (or lack thereof) and Mizzou not playing SLU, among others.

-John Stamos and Rammer are invincible forces and should not be trifled with.

-We need to recruit more werewolves.

-Don't accept a towel from Majerus or let him show you how close you should play defense.

I am sure I am forgetting some very important things. Thus, feel free to add to this list.

Very surprised Metz and 05 were not on the list for something, mostly metz and his attempt to have 20 aliases that everyone can detect after 2 posts.

Also, if you don't stay a dedicated reader, you will be lost because references to subtle details/events like the Pelicans, John Stamos, Matt Dickey, etc. I remember when I saw someone post as a facebook status... "I had no idea John Stamos was a Billiken Basketball fan"

Lastly, I think we've learned that Steve is much better than almost any other moderator in terms of site design and organization. I hate going to the other A-10 blogs because they look like garbage.

I'm new here but I learned that the late, lamented channelsurfing.com was the A-10 league TV package.

Also that SLU fans are old gray geezers who sit on their hands but who can still recite the roster from the 1948 NIT team.

and of course the willie reed facebook/twitter updates.

and speaking of those, here's a recent one...."Funny how people talk about u #billikenboard. The same people who loved me when i was playing talking bad about me now? all i can do is smh!"

and of course the willie reed facebook/twitter updates.

and speaking of those, here's a recent one...."Funny how people talk about u #billikenboard. The same people who loved me when i was playing talking bad about me now? all i can do is smh!"

that's right. all he can do is

Posted Image

all over his bedroom now. plus side is he'll be the best player on every court he plays on for the rest of his life since he'll never play against decent competition ever again. coulda been a contenda'...

that's right. all he can do is

Posted Image

all over his bedroom now. plus side is he'll be the best player on every court he plays on for the rest of his life since he'll never play against decent competition ever again. coulda been a contenda'...

I did like his tweet the other day - hard work = success.

3jack and others like him remind us that we will lose to St. Bonaventure next season.

John Cook

Randy's completely random and funny stories

but how could we forget.... Guy Phillips

Don't mean to correct your post, but I think you want to expand it to state what you actually learned about these topics on this board. Thus, it should be:

John Cook was behind The Situation.

Randy is a creative guy who likes to write funny stories about other Billiken posters.

Guy Phillips uses the term 'correction' an average of five times a game.

Willie's tweets/FB posts would inevitably make it onto the board (only applied while he was enrolled.)

Don't forget werewolves and...

PAYSTUBS.

Absolutely did not forget! Made sure to get both in the initial post...but always best to remind people. Basically, paystubs and werewolves were the first things I learned on this board! Of course, I should have initially capitalized PAYSTUBS!