Breaking - Anderson to Fayetteville

RT @vgregorian: ESPN/Katz now reporting Anderson/Arkansas to meet shortly, sources saying acceptance of offer only a "formality" away.

Obviously this is from the legend, Vahe Gregorian, so you know it's legit.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RT @vgregorian: ESPN/Katz now reporting Anderson/Arkansas to meet shortly, sources saying acceptance of offer only a "formality" away.

Obviously this is from the legend, Vahe Gregorian, so you know it's legit.

I'll respond to this OT Topic.

Actually, I liked MA at MU. MA will only take a team so far. I like MA personally, but his teams rarely played defense.

If a school is willing to pay $2M for a Coach, I would think you could get a lot better than Anderson.

Actually, I liked MA at MU. MA will only take a team so far. I like MA personally, but his teams rarely played defense.

If a school is willing to pay $2M for a Coach, I would think you could get a lot better than Anderson.

Anderson has ties to the program at Arkansas, spending 17 seasons as an assistant to Nolan Richardson. I think his style of ball will flourish in the up-tempo Southeastern Conference.

Disagree. His teams at Mizou have had very different personnel. Some of them played much better defense than others. Just a few short years ago his team was a whisker from the Final Four. There is no reason to believe all of his teams are limited in how much they can win.

Disagree. His teams at Mizou have had very different personnel. Some of them played much better defense than others. Just a few short years ago his team was a whisker from the Final Four. There is no reason to believe all of his teams are limited in how much they can win.

Sounds like Norm Stewart

Are you seriously going to compare the defense of guys like JT Tiller with the current backcourt? Really? Wow.

exactly. i mean jt stiller now plays for the idaho stampede. what are you thinking tonka comparing the current guards to jt tiller. until the current guards are playing at the idaho stampede level you really dont have much to stand on.

exactly. i mean jt stiller now plays for the idaho stampede. what are you thinking tonka comparing the current guards to jt tiller. until the current guards are playing at the idaho stampede level you really dont have much to stand on.

JT Tiller was one of the best on ball defenders I've ever seen. But then again you said Arthur Johnson would be the 8th or 9th guy off the billikens bench so I know how you evaluate talent.

JT Tiller was one of the best on ball defenders I've ever seen. But then again you said Arthur Johnson would be the 8th or 9th guy off the billikens bench so I know how you evaluate talent.

you are so right. how many nba championship rings does arthur have these days anyway.

Admittedly, I was a huge Mike Anderson fan and wouldn't mind him coming back. However, I'm ambivalent about him leaving. While I realize that Mizzou is not an elite program, I think it's a solid Top 25 program that can take the next step. I do agree with Courtside that perimeter defense was drastically worse with the departure of Tiller and the Delaware transfer, whose name escapes me at the moment. I can see with the right coach, and I think it should be Texas A&M's Turgeon, that they actually take the next step.

Certainly, Anderson's style is unique, but not as unique as it was when Richardson first started that style. It's still extremely effective at home, but is less so on the road and neutral courts due to officiating differences. I think Turgeon, while a KU alum, would be a perfect fit with his disciplined, hard-nosed style and would fit perfectly in Boone County. I see a young Norm Stewart, hopefully minus the baggage.

As many as all the bills players in the last 40 years have produced.

which doesnt give you much room to throw him out there as a standard of excellence.

What does that have to do with how he played defense in college? Your favorite Marquette alum Steve Novak was a poor collegiate defender yet he's been in the NBA every single year since college and dropped 19 and 13 for the NBA leading San Antonio Spurs this past week. You remember Novak? The guy whom you said wasn't as good as Chris Braun.

aj, it would seem to me that would be the definition of a lateral move for turgeon which unless he has a personal reason to do the move (hometown, wife from there, kid needs to be closer to barnes hospital, loves harpo's wings) doesnt make a lot of sense.

i am sitting here thinking they (mi$$ouri) is due for some controversy. bruce pearl looks like the perfect guy we tiger haters can throw darts at.

which doesnt give you much room to throw him out there as a standard of excellence.

No- we're talking about you saying he would ride the pine at SLU during SLU's down era under soderberg, when his collegiate stats would put him 16th all time in scoring for the bills, 4th all time in rebounds, and 1st all time in blocked shots. JT Tiller was a phenomenal defender, and I don't need NBA success to tell me that. Would you say that Larry Hughes was a mediocre college player since he's been an NBA journeyman?

Cheesy I didn't realize arthur had an equal nba career to larry hughes. That was a great comparison point.

No- we're talking about you saying he would ride the pine at SLU during SLU's down era under soderberg, when his collegiate stats would put him 16th all time in scoring for the bills, 4th all time in rebounds, and 1st all time in blocked shots. JT Tiller was a phenomenal defender, and I don't need NBA success to tell me that. Would you say that Larry Hughes was a mediocre college player since he's been an NBA journeyman?

Hughes has had a very solid NBA career, better than any current TIgers in the league, I would think.

edit: I don't even know what this argument is about I just wanna stand up for Larry Legend

Norm stewart has 9 more NCAA tournament wins than Saint Louis University does as a whole.

Can always count on Cheesy to defend MU on the Bills board. You want to bait a rat, leave out the garbage.

Yes, Norm has 9 more NCAA's then SLU as a whole. SLU has a National Championship too. I mean if we are going to go way back, then let's go way back. I think it's great that you are measuring the bar of MU against SLU though. Usually we hear how SLU is a nothing compared to MU.

I would bet you could find many coaches who have more NCAA's then SLU.

Now, here's a question for you. Norm has how many National Championships? How many Final Fours?

I ask because I am not comparing SLU to MU. I never said that anywhere.

Norm Stewart was consistently a very good coach. Did he achieve greatness, no. Was he as good as most MU fans like to think - not even close. Was he a crooked Coach? Ha. Not even going to go there.