Positive Remarks (Potential All Conference Talent)

doowop

There has been some negative comments about the team and certain players in particular this year. This thread, if anyone is interested, will allow for some positive comments. I believe that if they play all four years at St. Louis U., KM, WR, MM,CE, JB, RL, DE, and JJ all have the talent to make All Conference. They all probably won't make it but I believe they all have the potential to do so. Am I seeing something that is not there in some of them? I know JJ does not have an accurate shot but, neither did TL III his freshman year. Does anyone else see All Conference in any of them other than KM and WR?

There has been some negative comments about the team and certain players in particular this year. This thread, if anyone is interested, will allow for some positive comments. I believe that if they play all four years at St. Louis U., KM, WR, MM,CE, JB, RL, DE, and JJ all have the talent to make All Conference. They all probably won't make it but I believe they all have the potential to do so. Am I seeing something that is not there in some of them? I know JJ does not have an accurate shot but, neither did TL III his freshman year. Does anyone else see All Conference in any of them other than KM and WR?

I think we need to see JB first before speculating at all on him. RM seems to think he has that ability, though. I know some are down on him, but I still think the most likely of these players to be an All-Conference type player is Loe. As he continues to get used to D-1 basketball, he will continue to get more confident as well as stronger. I personally think he will have at least the same kind of numbers as IV, more than likely better, by the time he hits his junior year. Having RM as his head coach can only be a positive for his development.

I think we need to see JB first before speculating at all on him. RM seems to think he has that ability, though. I know some are down on him, but I still think the most likely of these players to be an All-Conference type player is Loe. As he continues to get used to D-1 basketball, he will continue to get more confident as well as stronger. I personally think he will have at least the same kind of numbers as IV, more than likely better, by the time he hits his junior year. Having RM as his head coach can only be a positive for his development.

IMO, by the time they are finished with their 4 years, RL and DE will be in the top 10 players in the conference. JJ has big time athletic ability and will be outstanding as he grows as a basketball player. MM will be solid. The future is bright if these guys work hard and continue to mature.

I think KC will probably be all conference this year. Then next year I could see CE, KM, and WR all being all conference.

[/quo

Are we talking first team all conference? I will assume we are talking all three conference teams.

If I had to put them in order in terms of the likelihook they make an all conference team, I would go

1)WR

2)KM

3)MM

4)CE

5)DE

6)JJ (though if all defensive teams count he flies up the list)

7)KC

Are we talking first team all conference? I will assume we are talking all three conference teams.

If I had to put them in order in terms of the likelihook they make an all conference team, I would go

1)WR

2)KM

3)MM

4)CE

5)DE

7)KC

BLASPHEMER!

KM is literally going to rape the A-10 next year. Players, coaches, mascots, referees, league officials... everybody's going to get broken off. WR will be there, too, but he's just going to watch.

KWAMAIN IN THE MEMBRAAAAANE

We've all been down on CE this season, but I think he's starting to come around and could become an A-10 first or second teamer next year. He's starting to rebound (a MUST for a guy his size). He found his shot and has even gotten a few blocks this season. His legs seem to be coming back and is playing more like a man than a timid sophomore. I like what we're seeing out of Cody and am optimistic about the future.

I think a starting five next year of Willie, Corey (two athletic bigs), Cody as a 3, Kyle as the two and Kwamain as the 1 would be ridiculous. Then coming off the bench, we essentially lose nothing except at the 5 spot.

We've all been down on CE this season, but I think he's starting to come around and could become an A-10 first or second teamer next year. He's starting to rebound (a MUST for a guy his size). He found his shot and has even gotten a few blocks this season. His legs seem to be coming back and is playing more like a man than a timid sophomore. I like what we're seeing out of Cody and am optimistic about the future.

I think a starting five next year of Willie, Corey (two athletic bigs), Cody as a 3, Kyle as the two and Kwamain as the 1 would be ridiculous. Then coming off the bench, we essentially lose nothing except at the 5 spot.

Majerus himself said there were three major problems with Cody this season:

1. Lingering, bizarre illnesses that he can't shake.

2. Fell in love and seems more interested in girlfriend.

3. Doesn't have Mitchell and Reed to open up the offensive floor for him and create shots for him.

As long as #1 doesn't persist and #2 seems to be something that improves with time as he figures out a balance, #3 is the one that we'll actually notice next season. So he's had three big reasons for his sophomore slump, all of which will either not be factors next year or will be more under control. Cody is going to be fine.

You want Willie and Rob on the floor at the same time. By letting Rob pick and pop around the 3 point line forces a large defender outside the lane giving Willie room to work one on one. If the double comes, Kick it out to Rob for the three. Pick your poison, it's gonna be fun.

You want Willie and Rob on the floor at the same time. By letting Rob pick and pop around the 3 point line forces a large defender outside the lane giving Willie room to work one on one. If the double comes, Kick it out to Rob for the three. Pick your poison, it's gonna be fun.

I could work with that, for sure. Putting Rob in will lower the athleticism, but increase our fire power. Agree...pick your poison.

3. Doesn't have Mitchell and Reed to open up the offensive floor for him and create shots for him.

As long as #1 doesn't persist and #2 seems to be something that improves with time as he figures out a balance, #3 is the one that we'll actually notice next season. So he's had three big reasons for his sophomore slump, all of which will either not be factors next year or will be more under control. Cody is going to be fine.

I agree with this but also think there is/was a bit of a mental limitation with him (which could be said for most of the team). When he gets over his own perceived limitations, watch out!

Couldn't agree more. Rob and Willie on the floor at the same time should be a defensive nightmare for an opponent.

I think we will be our best if Rob has earned a starting spot and we go KM, MM(though I am sure KC will start here), CE, RL and WR.

We will also be able to put an up-tempo team on the floor if we go KM, JJ, MM, DE and WR.

I agree with this but also think there is/was a bit of a mental limitation with him (which could be said for most of the team). When he gets over his own perceived limitations, watch out!

That could be it. I've always thought he was just a bit lazy and didn't have the fire most players have.

I'll give him slack on #1 and #2, but he really has missed a ton of wide-open looks this year. Nevertheless, I still think he will be a consistent double-figure scorer the next two years. Plus, I think this year has toughened him up to play more physical, which will also help in the future.

1)WR

2)KM

3)MM

4)CE

5)DE

7)KC

1) KM

2) WR

3) MM

4) RL

5) CE

6) JB

7) DE

8) JJ

9-13) Little chance