Attendance so far

Through 7 games (including Rockhurst), we've averaging 6,246, So far our biggest crowd was for the opener against AP, 7,511.

That loss most likely killed out chances for a good walk up crowd against Georgia (7,192). We'll see some improvement with a couple of good conference games coming up.

I guess the Rockhurst game makes financial sense. We still drew 5,178 and didn't have to pay D1 money for the opponent. As others have mentioned on here, charging full price for a regular season game against a D2 team is a bit much.

Through 7 games (including Rockhurst), we've averaging 6,246, So far our biggest crowd was for the opener against AP, 7,511.

That loss most likely killed out chances for a good walk up crowd against Georgia (7,192). We'll see some improvement with a couple of good conference games coming up.

I guess the Rockhurst game makes financial sense. We still drew 5,178 and didn't have to pay D1 money for the opponent. As others have mentioned on here, charging full price for a regular season game against a D2 team is a bit much.

I've had season tickets for years. Have them again this year and will again next year. With that said, I've been to only 1 game this year. Have had other commitments, yes. But also, have just not had the desire as I have had in the past. On January 1st, for instance, I could have gone but didn't. Maybe things will change with Conference games or with the addition of KM and/or WR. Maybe not.

I have season tickets as well and have yet to attend a game. I will go to the Dayton game but not really looking forward to it. What a horrible year.

Given the stated attendance numbers, I'd guess that your non-attendance hasn't had any effect on our announced attendance.

Given the stated attendance numbers, I'd guess that your non-attendance hasn't had any effect on our announced attendance.

Doesn't the 5,177 at the Rockhurst game indicate to you its people in the seats, or do you think there was a non-season ticket holder crowd of 2,500 for the Austin Peay game?

We'd be pushing 9,000 or so if we had the two players. I bet we could still do that even if they had a 2 game suspension.

The sad reality is that....no we wouldn't. We'll be at the same 7,500 avg max until this team makes the tournament.

The sad reality is that....no we wouldn't. We'll be at the same 7,500 avg max until this team makes the tournament.

Ehhh... I have a feeling that if we had only one loss to this point (Duke) we'd have some pretty big crowds. I'd be planning a multi-game trip back to STL, that's for sure. As it is, I'm just trying to get excited enough to watch online.

Doesn't the 5,177 at the Rockhurst game indicate to you its people in the seats, or do you think there was a non-season ticket holder crowd of 2,500 for the Austin Peay game?

I'm going to to guess that it's people in the seats, but I don't know for sure. Obviously ticket revenue comes in whether people show up or not. However, the people who actually show up pay to park, spend money at the concession stands, etc. I'm wondering if the drop in attendance is worth the money saved for a D1 buy game.

I think that there was no way that the place was 2/3 full on Saturday, simply on the observation that there were at least six, probably more, totally (or 95 percent) empty sections. Your section and my section were well below 50% (BTW, were you there Saturday? I was looking for you to go postal on the ref for the non-goaltending call and couldn't see -- or hear -- you.) And generally speaking, the most-occupied sections were maybe 80-85 percent full.

That doesn't mean your point is wrong, merely that if the place holds 10,600, 6,200 seems inflated for an average of actual butts in seats.

(Does anybody know our season ticket numbers, or what they were for the past two years?)

(Edit: At the beginning of the 2008 season, they were announced as "just under 7,000.")

I think that there was no way that the place was 2/3 full on Saturday, simply on the observation that there were at least six, probably more, totally (or 95 percent) empty sections. Your section and my section were well below 50% (BTW, were you there Saturday? I was looking for you to go postal on the ref for the non-goaltending call and couldn't see -- or hear -- you.) And generally speaking, the most-occupied sections were maybe 80-85 percent full.

That doesn't mean your point is wrong, merely that if the place holds 10,600, 6,200 seems inflated for an average of actual butts in seats.

(Does anybody know our season ticket numbers, or what they were for the past two years?)

(Edit: At the beginning of the 2008 season, they were announced as "just under 7,000.")

I was there but I had my son so I was a little calmer than normal. I was pretty animated on the goal-tend though...

Between a section full of cub scouts in the student section and a few scatterings in the upper bowls, I thought it was a pretty decent crowd (I remember commenting to somebody that MB73's predictions of an attendance disaster on New Years Day were unfounded) and would have no problem saying that 58% of the seats were filled.

(Does anybody know our season ticket numbers, or what they were for the past two years?

Kshoe was there. He is very talented at balancing his beer in one hand and baby in the other. He dominated the ref on the goaltending as well. Loved it...

I was there but I had my son so I was a little calmer than normal. I was pretty animated on the goal-tend though...

Between a section full of cub scouts in the student section and a few scatterings in the upper bowls, I thought it was a pretty decent crowd (I remember commenting to somebody that MB73's predictions of an attendance disaster on New Years Day were unfounded) and would have no problem saying that 58% of the seats were filled.

I fully understand why the seats were 42% (2 of them were mine) as I watched some of game at home. Still, the empty seats were embarrasing. This entire season has been embarrasing. Why should the casual fan give SLU any respect? Just thankful it was not 5,000 (and has not been 7,500) in the 19,000 Scottrade building.

Sure thought we'd be selling out our games with RM now in his 4th year. Also thought we'd be having debates about why Fr. Biondi built Chaveitz with only 10,600 seats instead of the 12,000+ promised. Instead, I have very little interest this year.

Kshoe was there. He is very talented at balancing his beer in one hand and baby in the other. He dominated the ref on the goaltending as well. Loved it...

I almost jumped over the scorer's table from half-court to run baseline and put the ref in a rear naked choke. That was ridiculous.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but I think the Cub Scout promotion was a smart way to fill the empty student section. Hopefully despite the lousy game, we won over some new fans. Many of us posting here on this board probably started rooting for the Bills at that same age, so perhaps some of those kids will wind up as Billikens some day. The free hats they received was a nice touch.

And, it was fitting to have so many Webelos (fourth grade scouts) in attendance because we really blow right now.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but I think the Cub Scout promotion was a smart way to fill the empty student section. Hopefully despite the lousy game, we won over some new fans. Many of us posting here on this board probably started rooting for the Bills at that same age, so perhaps some of those kids will wind up as Billikens some day. The free hats they received was a nice touch.

And, it was fitting to have so many Webelos (fourth grade scouts) in attendance because we really blow right now.

You're right. My first experience at a Billiken's game was around 4th grade while sitting in the upper deck of the old Arena watching one of Ron Ekker's team get blown out in front of probably 2,000 die hards. Free seats from school - good grades/straight A tickets or something along those lines. My parents would NOT let us move closer out of fear of actually sitting in someone's seat. Oh, the embarrasment that would have brought!!!!!!! Then came the hire of St. Rich and I have been hooked ever since.