Arkansas

Kansas

Kansas State

Oral Roberts

Wisconsin

Eastern Illinois

Add Marquette.

Take out:

Any school that isn't in the top 100. People aren't going to travel to see us beat Evansville unless they are from the area.

Add Marquette.

Take out:

Any school that isn't in the top 100. People aren't going to travel to see us beat Evansville unless they are from the area.

Marquette was already mentioned in the thread. I was just going for D-I schools in a fair driving radius that we could play a home-and-home with, and that hadn't been mentioned in the first few posts. I'll drive to see us play any opponent if I can make it. I drove to Bowling Green last season when I was living in Cincinnati and fought a blizzard on the way home that hit about 15 minutes after the buzzer sounded.

Top 100 home-and-homes have been a challenge for us, as you know, so I'm open to playing driveable games with anyone we can get that won't completely weaken our schedule.

Marquette was already mentioned in the thread. I was just going for D-I schools in a fair driving radius that we could play a home-and-home with, and that hadn't been mentioned in the first few posts. I'll drive to see us play any opponent if I can make it. I drove to Bowling Green last season when I was living in Cincinnati and fought a blizzard on the way home that hit about 15 minutes after the buzzer sounded.

Top 100 home-and-homes have been a challenge for us, as you know, so I'm open to playing driveable games with anyone we can get that won't completely weaken our schedule.

The blizzard in december? Yea, I was driving back to stl after being home for the holidays and just about died on 70 when I lost traction. Oh, the fun of driving in snow.

Did anyone mention Iowa yet?

The blizzard in december? Yea, I was driving back to stl after being home for the holidays and just about died on 70 when I lost traction. Oh, the fun of driving in snow.

Did anyone mention Iowa yet?

No, different blizzard. Northern Ohio got it mostly, and it hit January 3rd, which is when we played up there. I basically got onto 75 south after the game, 3 hours north of Cincy, and it pummeled me for about 45 minutes.

Iowa was mentioned by thetorch. We played there on NYE my senior year (2004-2005) and lost by 9; they had a second half run and we got ice cold. Not a bad drive at all, but the bus ride home wasn't fun.

Mizzou

Illinois

SIUE

Missouri State

SEMO

Evansville

Austin Peay

Kentucky

Cincinnati

Miami OH

Indiana

Indiana State

IUPUI

Western Illinois

Northern Illinois

UIC

Chicago State

Loyola-Chicago

Northwestern

Vanderbilt

Lipscomb

Belmont

Tennessee State

Wright State

Notre Dame

Arkansas

Kansas

Kansas State

Oral Roberts

Wisconsin

Eastern Illinois

Add in Tennessee, too....about a 7 hour drive...

And Creighton...about a 6 and a half hour drive...

Add in Tennessee, too....about a 7 hour drive...

And Creighton...about a 6 and a half hour drive...

I was trying to keep it at just over 6 hours at the most. ORU would be the longest by that measure in my list, and therefore Tulsa on one of the previous posts in the thread. South Bend, Madison, Milwaukee, Manhattan are all in that 6-hour+ range on Google Maps, but most drivers should hit those in under 6 without traffic or construction issues.

I was trying to keep it at just over 6 hours at the most. ORU would be the longest by that measure in my list, and therefore Tulsa on one of the previous posts in the thread. South Bend, Madison, Milwaukee, Manhattan are all in that 6-hour+ range on Google Maps, but most drivers should hit those in under 6 without traffic or construction issues.

Gotcha...Knoxville would be a huge stretch then...but Creighton might be possible, considering you can drive about 500MPH in Iowa and Nebraska, and would face very little construction...

Add Marquette.

Take out:

Also I made my cut off at 260 miles or 4 hours at 65 mph- I took our Tulsa because they are 393 miles and not as good as Wichita who I would not consider close enough to be

a rival even though an old MVC foe.

Vandy would be great but 308 miles to Nashville doesn't fit in my backyard even though their coach is from Collinsville, IL

SLU isn't going to get a home and home with several of the schools listed. ...at least not until SLU establishes itself in Xavier or Gonzaga like levels...and still some on that list would not do it, but it would at least open it up more.

Distance? Drive? up to 6 hrs is reasonable for a drive imo...which would include 5.5 to Marquette or 5 to Vandy and closer. Otherwise it would have to be an isolated big game to drive farther if not flying. Those could be same day travel especially if sharing the drive with someone else or others. Anything longer would need an overnight or flight.

As far as getting someone to play...well...the Syracuse example is interesting. No, it isn't a close road trip, however they are generally speaking an interesting case study:

Syracuse as many may know does not play a game outside of New York this season until January. Wow. My understanding is Syracuse makes $400k per "buy" game after paying out $40-75k or so to the opposing team. A few years ago, Syracuse started to change their schedule toughen up these buy games a bit as they had too many bad cupcakes. A really good buy game opponent can command up to $100k and are fewer.

Interestingly enough a few mentioned examples have games this year. Vandy and Marquette begin a home and home this year. Mizzou and Vandy just concluded one(Great game, Vandy outplaying Mizzou but stubbed their toe on late FT's and boards after beating them last year) I believe the UWM v Marquette game is a 4 for 1 but I'd have to double check that one. Illinois and Vandy had a home and home a few years back. But of course the home and homes have been BCS league teams facing off against one another.

SLU can do its part by getting better and better and pair up like Gonzaga and Memphis has done etc...for games. Otherwise the games aren't going to be many home andhomes with the big boys.